Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those of you with Spectrum, both RIT @ Notre Dame games are on SNY (Thursday and Friday night). Also looks like they'll be streaming on nbcsports.com and their app.

Comment

Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
      For those of you with Spectrum, both RIT @ Notre Dame games are on SNY (Thursday and Friday night). Also looks like they'll be streaming on nbcsports.com and their app.
      We'll also have radio on Thursday and Friday in case you'd like to watch with our audio.

Comment

It was my turn to write the USCHO Monday 10 column this week and I included this note from an interview we did on WITR Saturday night with RIT's new AD Jackie Nicholson:

10. Speaking of scholarships …

During an interview on RIT’s radio network Saturday, new athletic director Jackie Nicholson said that RIT and Union have joined together to ask that they be allowed to offer a full complement of 18 athletic scholarships each for men’s and women’s hockey. Both schools moved their programs to Division I well after a 1983 NCAA Division III waiver that allowed existing D-III institutions with D-I programs to have their scholarships grandfathered. (That waiver withstood a challenge in 2004.)

Three D-III athletic conferences are supporting the move according to Nicholson: the Liberty League – of which both RIT and Union are members, along with Clarkson, St. Lawrence, and Rensselaer – as well as the nearby SUNYAC and Empire 8 conferences.

All six D-I hockey conferences have written letters of support to the NCAA on behalf of the two schools.

The vote is scheduled for January 22, 2022 at the NCAA national convention.

https://www.uscho.com/2021/10/18/mon...n-scoring-run/

Comment

I somewhat enjoyed the broadcast on Saturday night, but good God get that color commentator off there. His voice is unbearable and the "oh's and ah's", during the game was just awful.
          LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

Originally posted by Saints17 View Post
            I somewhat enjoyed the broadcast on Saturday night, but good God get that color commentator off there. His voice is unbearable and the "oh's and ah's", during the game was just awful.
            Do you mean the video/TV broadcast or radio?

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post

Do you mean the video/TV broadcast or radio?
              I'm guessing the TV broadcast. It usually makes its way downstate when we play non conference. Also he's 100% right, the TV broadcast is legitimately terrible. No real hockey knowledge or acumen. Just Rochester's sports talk "voices" being pigeonholed into a role they are woefully unequipped for.

When I catch games live and not after the fact in DVR, syncing you guys and muting the TV broadcast is a must.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                It was my turn to write the USCHO Monday 10 column this week and I included this note from an interview we did on WITR Saturday night with RIT's new AD Jackie Nicholson:

10. Speaking of scholarships …

During an interview on RIT’s radio network Saturday, new athletic director Jackie Nicholson said that RIT and Union have joined together to ask that they be allowed to offer a full complement of 18 athletic scholarships each for men’s and women’s hockey. Both schools moved their programs to Division I well after a 1983 NCAA Division III waiver that allowed existing D-III institutions with D-I programs to have their scholarships grandfathered. (That waiver withstood a challenge in 2004.)

Three D-III athletic conferences are supporting the move according to Nicholson: the Liberty League – of which both RIT and Union are members, along with Clarkson, St. Lawrence, and Rensselaer – as well as the nearby SUNYAC and Empire 8 conferences.

All six D-I hockey conferences have written letters of support to the NCAA on behalf of the two schools.

The vote is scheduled for January 22, 2022 at the NCAA national convention.

https://www.uscho.com/2021/10/18/mon...n-scoring-run/
                What a difference 17 years makes. IIRC, Union voted against maintaining the grandfathering way back in 2004.
                Can't we all just get along?
                Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by jflory81 View Post

I'm guessing the TV broadcast. It usually makes its way downstate when we play non conference. Also he's 100% right, the TV broadcast is legitimately terrible. No real hockey knowledge or acumen. Just Rochester's sports talk "voices" being pigeonholed into a role they are woefully unequipped for.

When I catch games live and not after the fact in DVR, syncing you guys and muting the TV broadcast is a must.
                  Yes it was the broadcast on Flo sports. For whatever reason there's always subtitles when I'm watching.
                  LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

I think after over a decade broadcasting RIT hockey that Gene and Tules have learned a few things. But they certainly don't seem as plugged in to college hockey as the radio crew is.

At least they have enthusiasm, and dedication!

Powers &8^]

Comment

• Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                      I think after over a decade broadcasting RIT hockey that Gene and Tules have learned a few things. But they certainly don't seem as plugged in to college hockey as the radio crew is.

At least they have enthusiasm, and dedication!

Powers &8^]
                      They work hard to do a professional and entertaining job and we consider them both our friends and colleagues.

Radio and TV are necessarily different; radio requires a lot more detail to make up for the lack of pictures.

I’m able to bring a knowledge of the overall college hockey scene because of my writing and podcast work for USCHO, and Scott and Matt also do a lot of prep work ahead of games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saints17 View Post
                        Oh my gosh! A Saints17 sighting!
                        Russell Jaslow
                        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• I've started a new thread for 2021-22.

Comment

Working...
                          X