This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post

I assume we also lost two RMU home games? Those two changes would turn a 14-14 schedule into the 16-10 we see now.

That's a hell of a double-whammy for RIT, though. They're going to have to aim higher than just a weekend split on road trips this year. Why did RIT cancel the Air Force trip?

Powers &8^]
    I don't have numbers to back it up, but i feel like our away record has been better than our home record anyway, so maybe that's a good thing?

The games were cancelled due to COVID protocol: https://www.uscho.com/2021/02/04/rit...d-19-protocol/
    Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
    College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
    Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
    Men's Frozen Four 2010
    Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
    Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post

I don't have numbers to back it up, but i feel like our away record has been better than our home record anyway, so maybe that's a good thing?

The games were cancelled due to COVID protocol: https://www.uscho.com/2021/02/04/rit...d-19-protocol/
      Yeah, this seems ridiculous to punish the Tigers for games cancelled under COVID protocol.

But, Mickey Mouse league gonna Mickey Mouse. Atlantic Hockey is a joke. Even if you take out that the Air Force series was switched, they'd still have a 12-14 home/road imbalance. Did they just drop the RMU games and call it a day instead of, you know, actually bothering to make a new, balanced schedule?? What about teams who were scheduled to play RMU more than twice? Are they going to have less conference games so they'll have to go by point % again? This isn't even acceptable for a D3 league, much less a supposed D1 league.

And RIT's been much better at the Pollesini the last couple of seasons. In conference play: 5-0-1-0 (W-L-SOW-SOL) last year compared to 2-5-0-0 on the road (2-7-0-0 if you include playoffs). And 8-3-1-2 (28 pts in 14 games) two years ago at home with crowds compared to 7-6-0-1(22 pts in 14 games) on the road.

Now that I've looked that up, we played more road games than home games in conference last year, so if that's the rationale for making us go to Air Force, why aren't other teams coming to the GPC more often? Absolute absurdity. (Again, not that I'm advocating for that - every team should be playing the same amount of home and road games and the same amount of games total as every other team). EDIT 2: Hell, Air Force had a freaking PLAYOFF series scheduled for the GPC cancelled by COVID in 2019-2020, why does last year's series matter but that one doesn't??

RE-EDIT: Miscounted teams lol. Let's try again. A 10 team schedule really shouldn't be hard to re-jigger. They could even have RIT go to Air Force while maintaining home/road integrity. It's not that hard!
      Last edited by jflory81; 07-01-2021, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jflory81 View Post

Yeah, this seems ridiculous to punish the Tigers for games cancelled under COVID protocol.

But, Mickey Mouse league gonna Mickey Mouse. Atlantic Hockey is a joke. Even if you take out that the Air Force series was switched, they'd still have a 12-14 home/road imbalance. Did they just drop the RMU games and call it a day instead of, you know, actually bothering to make a new, balanced schedule?? What about teams who were scheduled to play RMU more than twice? Are they going to have less conference games so they'll have to go by point % again? This isn't even acceptable for a D3 league, much less a supposed D1 league.

And RIT's been much better at the Pollesini the last couple of seasons. In conference play: 5-0-1-0 (W-L-SOW-SOL) last year compared to 2-5-0-0 on the road (2-7-0-0 if you include playoffs). And 8-3-1-2 (28 pts in 14 games) two years ago at home with crowds compared to 7-6-0-1(22 pts in 14 games) on the road.

Now that I've looked that up, we played more road games than home games in conference last year, so if that's the rationale for making us go to Air Force, why aren't other teams coming to the GPC more often? Absolute absurdity. (Again, not that I'm advocating for that - every team should be playing the same amount of home and road games and the same amount of games total as every other team). EDIT 2: Hell, Air Force had a freaking PLAYOFF series scheduled for the GPC cancelled by COVID in 2019-2020, why does last year's series matter but that one doesn't??

RE-EDIT: Miscounted teams lol. Let's try again. A 10 team schedule really shouldn't be hard to re-jigger. They could even have RIT go to Air Force while maintaining home/road integrity. It's not that hard!
        Math is hard... {ducks}
        Russell Jaslow
        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Shane Madolora will moonlight as goalie coach for the Buffalo Beauts. https://beauts.nwhl.zone/news/beauts...coach-madolora

Or maybe this means he's moonlighting for RIT. Not sure which.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
            Shane Madolora will moonlight as goalie coach for the Buffalo Beauts. https://beauts.nwhl.zone/news/beauts...coach-madolora

Or maybe this means he's moonlighting for RIT. Not sure which.

Powers &8^]
            Is it moonlighting if you are volunteering? I believe he is a volunteer goalie coach for RIT.
            Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
            College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
            Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
            Men's Frozen Four 2010
            Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
            Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post

Is it moonlighting if you are volunteering?
              No. According to Oxford.

"have a second job in addition to one's regular employment."
              Russell Jaslow
              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

No. According to Oxford.

"have a second job in addition to one's regular employment."
                Both RIT and the Beauts are in addition to his coaching/consulting business: https://www.mcdhockeyllc.com/

Comment

Hi All - looking forward to a full season of RIT Men's and Women's hockey this year. Anyone planning to start a new season thread?
                  RIT Tigers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln145QKj2pE - A video I shot of Ricky Walton's penalty shot vs. Canisius 11/2/07. It ended up being the game winner.

2013-14 AHA Pick 'Em Champion!

Comment

Well that was ugly. Not enough defensive support for Ian, and he wasn't very good either. Power play was abysmal. At least it was non-conference.

Comment

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LKC2IKaQyeE

Comment

FYI...if your going to the game at West Point,I've been told you have to do a background check at The Visitors Center,and have your covid card etc,so may want to leave a little extra time...

Comment

Nice comeback win. Always great when the GWG is a shortie. Let's not dig a 2-goal hole tonight though.

Powers &8^]

Comment

So apparently the homecoming game is planned to be a white-out. So unique to RIT, white. If only there were some other color we could use.

Does anyone know of a transcript or summary of the new AD's town hall forum from yesterday? Curious what she had to say.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Always nice to win Homecoming. Matthews was awesome and the rest of the team was able to grow into the game. Didn't love the officiating but the power play's poop anyway.

Comment

You think your PP is bad? Try SLU's. We should have the option to decline.
                                Was a fun game to watch with my RIT grad buddy, but I admit that I cringed when MacLeod ran Matthews.
                                As soon as we fell behind, though, the lack of a decent shooter doomed us.
                                Good luck to RIT from now on!

Comment

Working...
                                X