This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post

Any number between 1-12 is still higher than what RIT offers. And it's worth pointing out that AIC's baseline tuition rate is nearly $10,000 less than RIT's. That is still $40,000 less for a 4 year degree to play for a program on the upswing vs spending more for less in Rochester.
    Fair point. You guys do seem awfully large to be a D3 school. Has there ever been talk of jumping to D2?

Comment

Originally posted by Leather Lungs View Post

Fair point. You guys do seem awfully large to be a D3 school. Has there ever been talk of jumping to D2?
      In 2020, RIT's trustees commissioned and reviewed a study to go from D-III to D-I directly, along the lines of what St. Thomas has done, but things have been delayed because of the pandemic. D-II is not a good option in this area because there are not many D-II schools in proximity.

Comment

Final Alumni Association webinar with Coach Wilson is scheduled on Tuesday, April 13th, 6:00pm EDT. Registration can be fuond at Webinar Registration - Zoom
        Scott Biggar
        WITR - Voice of the RIT Tigers
        Staff Writer - US College Hockey Online

Comment

Has there been anything official on Brick City? Last I heard we were playing Union this year, but Union released their schedule without RIT on it.
          Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
          College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
          Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
          Men's Frozen Four 2010
          Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
          Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Ian Andriano, Nick Bruce, Dan Willett, and Jake Hamacher will be taking advantage of the NCAA's offer of an extra year of eligibility and returning to the team for another run at a championship.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
              Has there been anything official on Brick City? Last I heard we were playing Union this year, but Union released their schedule without RIT on it.
              St. Lawrence will be at Brick City instead.

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                Ian Andriano, Nick Bruce, Dan Willett, and Jake Hamacher will be taking advantage of the NCAA's offer of an extra year of eligibility and returning to the team for another run at a championship.

Powers &8^]
                Nice news, and it's announced weeks after April 1st. Next years roster will be pretty clogged with the addition of these four. Wonder if/which recruits will be pushed off a year, or explore other options?

I imagine other AHA teams will be seeing the same decision made by some of their seniors.
                John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
                AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
                NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
                NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
                NCAA DII - 1983
                NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Former standout goalie Shane Madolora announced today that he'll be the new volunteer goalie coach at RIT: https://twitter.com/SMadolora/status...44443697651720

Comment

Schedule dropped: https://ritathletics.com/news/2021/6...-schedule.aspx

Somehow the AHA managed to screw us over big time. What kind of bush-league scheduling operation are they running? Did we have four home games against Robert Morris they didn't bother replacing or something?

Powers &8^]

Comment

Schedule dropped: https://ritathletics.com/news/2021/6...-schedule.aspx

Somehow the AHA managed to screw us over big time. What kind of bush-league scheduling operation are they running? Did we have four home games against Robert Morris they didn't bother replacing or something?

Powers &8^]
                      I'll save others the counting and trying to figure out what your complaint is, because it took me a few minutes to realize myself. RIT has 10 conference games at home, and 16 on the road.
                      Away series:
                      Army
                      AIC
                      Canisius
                      Sacred Heart
                      Niagara
                      Bentley
                      Mercyhurst
                      Air Force

Home Series:
                      Mercyhurst
                      Holy Cross
                      Army
                      Niagara
                      AIC

Note that the 2 Niagara series are home/home weekends.
                      Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                      College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                      Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
                      Men's Frozen Four 2010
                      Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                      Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Yes, sorry I wasn't more explicit. I was rather ticked off.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Yes, sorry I wasn't more explicit. I was rather ticked off.

Powers &8^]
                          I assume it's a simple error and one of the four single series on the road will be corrected to be RIT home games. I've seen it in the past where both teams have posted the same game vs each other as a road game at first. The team that had the wrong location later updated their schedule with it as a home game.

Sean
                          Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                          Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                          BU Hockey highlights and extras
                          NCAA Hockey Financials
                          Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                          I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                            I assume it's a simple error and one of the four single series on the road will be corrected to be RIT home games. I've seen it in the past where both teams have posted the same game vs each other as a road game at first. The team that had the wrong location later updated their schedule with it as a home game.

Sean
                            I'm making some inquiries.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post

I'm making some inquiries.
                              The league office explained that the Air Force series was moved from Rochester to Colorado Springs because RIT canceled its trip there last season.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post

The league office explained that the Air Force series was moved from Rochester to Colorado Springs because RIT canceled its trip there last season.
                                I assume we also lost two RMU home games? Those two changes would turn a 14-14 schedule into the 16-10 we see now.

That's a hell of a double-whammy for RIT, though. They're going to have to aim higher than just a weekend split on road trips this year. Why did RIT cancel the Air Force trip?

Powers &8^]

Comment

Working...
                                X