This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    I said before any games were played that UMass had an easier path to FF. St. Cloud is better than Wisconsin and Bemidji. But you still have to go out there and take care of business and they did exactly that. They are a deserving FF participant.
    It is so difficult to gauge who is better than who when there was no inter-conference play. Who would have thunk the Big10 and BC would lay eggs? UMASS looks strong but you never know until you hit the ice. Hope they knock off UMD. Two years ago UMD was the better team. Hoping this year it is the other way around.

Comment

• Posted this on the UMass thread as well, but Lindberg amongst four Amherst players that are out of the Frozen Four due to contact tracing protocols. Since they are a Hockey East team, figured I'd share here as well.
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Totally stinks for Umass to be without their starting goalie and leading scorer. NCAA should have done a better job at this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
          Totally stinks for Umass to be without their starting goalie and leading scorer. NCAA should have done a better job at this.
          I feared this might happen to some team with the long layoff between the regionals and the FF. Just asking for trouble.
          UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
            Totally stinks for Umass to be without their starting goalie and leading scorer. NCAA should have done a better job at this.
            I don’t really understand how they will be able to play at all unless they wait a week or something.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• If they get a positive test they aren’t playing. UMD will get a bye to the championship game.

If nothing else happens, career program
              shut out leader Matt Murray will start in net and the student equipment manager will back him up.
              #NewMass

Comment

• Originally posted by jjmc85 View Post
                If they get a positive test they aren’t playing. UMD will get a bye to the championship game.

If nothing else happens, career program
                shut out leader Matt Murray will start in net and the student equipment manager will back him up.
                Yeah, just realized that the first AND third string netminders are on that list of four.
                Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• And Murray is no slouch either. He was the starter for most of the 18-19 year. He got pulled against UNH in the first game of the first round of the QF after allowing three. UMass came back to win with Lindberg and net and they stuck with Lindberg. But Murray is a huge reason that 18-19 hockey east regular season banner is at the Mullins Center.

I don’t know. I’m a pessimist and therefore I am mentally preparing myself for the game to be cancelled. But if it isn’t, I don’t think UMass is gonna roll over and play dead. I still would like the Minutemen’s chances. This is a balanced team. Losing the top goal scorer always sucks, but it’s not like last year would have been losing Leonard.
                  #NewMass

Comment

• To paraphrase something I posted in the UMass thread, the UMass goaltending situation brings back memories of the '72 FF (played at Boston Garden) when BU backup Tim Regan stepped in after starter Dan Brady went down and beat Wisconsin in the semis and Cornell in the national championship game. Agree that Murray is no slouch and maybe the Tim Regan redux.
                    Last edited by Split-N; 04-06-2021, 02:10 PM.
                    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• UMass is going to win it all this time. It won't matter who their goalie is, it's their fate.
                      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                        UMass is going to win it all this time. It won't matter who their goalie is, it's their fate.
                        It'd be nice, tired of continually hearing from the posters here and at CHN who go on and on about how the NCHC is the toughest conference
                        "No matter where you go, there you are"

Comment

• Ewing theory?
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcmsu9196 View Post

It'd be nice, tired of continually hearing from the posters here and at CHN who go on and on about how the NCHC is the toughest conference
                            Do you think the 4 straight National Championships and the best non-conference record since the realignment has anything to do with that? Oh and two of your top schools getting steamrolled by the second best team in the NCHC back to back?

Not saying other conferences aren’t good, including HE, because they are but if you have any doubt that the NCHC is the toughest conference, you aren’t paying attention.

Comment

UMass is going to win it all this time. It won't matter who their goalie is, it's their fate.
                              Just to restate ... UMass is gonna win this thing, I don't have a single iota of doubt in my mind.
                              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Just to restate ... UMass is gonna win this thing, I don't have a single iota of doubt in my mind.
                                I hope UMass wins. Love how they play. Great depth. Great coaching. They work hard and play tough nose hockey. No superstar primadonnas and play as a team.

Comment

Working...
                                X