Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A whole lot of incorrectly extrapolated information about vaccine efficacy here.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
      A whole lot of incorrectly extrapolated information about vaccine efficacy here.
      Have some folks on ignore so not sure what half the conversation is but this is a great article from a medical site I follow. Concise and accurate. Hoping soon they will have the market flooded with different vaccines so enough people can be covered to make things safer- then folks can compete without putting their careers at risk.

https://emedicine.medscape.com/artic...cAII-iFLwn8MLg it is done in sections-
      edit
      This link has all info on it https://emedicine.medscape.com/artic...wn8MLg#showall
      Last edited by leswp1; 02-07-2021, 09:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
        Have some folks on ignore so not sure what half the conversation is but this is a great article from a medical site I follow. Concise and accurate. Hoping soon they will have the market flooded with different vaccines so enough people can be covered to make things safer- then folks can compete without putting their careers at risk.

https://emedicine.medscape.com/artic...cAII-iFLwn8MLg it is done in sections-
        edit
        This link has all info on it https://emedicine.medscape.com/artic...wn8MLg#showall
        Was responding primarily to an assertion that vaccination "won't stop the spread." This is fundamentally different than the accepted public stance of the scientific community on Covid vaccines and reduction of transmission - which is they don't have enough specific data to form a conclusion.

That said, many (who don't go sounding alarm bells on CNN every 5 minutes) in the scientific community find ample correlational evidence that it should reduce transmission. Here's one example: https://twitter.com/erlichya/status/1358477746033295364
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          "The end is near"--zlax somewhere

UMass has met the requirements to be in NCAAs. If they have any injuries right now, this break isn't necessary a bad thing for them.
          As far as I know there aren’t any major injuries. I have no inside information but I’d bet the team would rather be playing tomorrow than not playing.

I get why they brought students back. With the Mass Transfer agreements the 15 community
          colleges have with the UMass system and the State Universities, if I had a kid who was a freshman or sophomore, I wouldn’t want to pay UMass cost for my kid to be taking gen eds online as a freshman or sophomore when I could get it for about $30/ credit at a CC and they’d transfer. It’s just a real shame Athletics has to pause especially as from what I’ve heard the Men’s hockey team is the one of the few men’s programs that hasn’t had to pause due to a positive test of a player or coach.*

And I get it. The virus is real and precautions have to be taken to prevent spread. But selfishly as a college hockey fan on a college hockey message board it really sucks that the program has had only a handful of objectively good seasons since it was reinstated; one has already been wiped out by covid and another is in jeopardy.

* and no, they don’t have the answer to how to stop this anymore than anyone else does. If they did, they’d be doing it for Men’s basketball too which has had to pause.
          #NewMass

Comment

• Just came here to find the comments by the scientist that is the Flagship's coach, since they've been sidelined for a bit.

Nothing?

OK, well, you guys can go back to arguing.
            Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
            2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
            2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Bring on the Hockey East Power Index

Comment

• UNH to allow 500 students into Friday's hockey game

Comment

• Wow. what do you say to that. NH numbers are really not good (my kid is working for a health dept in NH and he just rolls his eyes and keeps saying- Live Free and Die. They are really working on the Die part.)

Comment

• Bravo, UNH. No need to cave to people like leswp1. In a 5-6k arena and protocols in place, good on them for giving it a shot.

Comment

Bravo, UNH. No need to cave to people like leswp1. In a 5-6k arena and protocols in place, good on them for giving it a shot.
                      New York is allowing the Rangers to have 2500 fans beginning Feb 26th. So even a lockdown commie state like NY is letting people in now that the election is over. Why not college? UND has been allowing 2000 fans with no problem.

Comment

• Actually Cuomo just approved having 10% fans in any arena over 10,000 and any other organizations must get State approval. I assume that means smaller venues need a direct approval. So colleges conceivably can start having fans if they get approved.

Comment

Wow. what do you say to that. NH numbers are really not good (my kid is working for a health dept in NH and he just rolls his eyes and keeps saying- Live Free and Die. They are really working on the Die part.)
                          We're actually doing pretty well up here, thank you. WAY better than MA, CT, RI and NY.

It's not like I live here or anything.

Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Wow. what do you say to that. NH numbers are really not good (my kid is working for a health dept in NH and he just rolls his eyes and keeps saying- Live Free and Die. They are really working on the Die part.)
                            we know you don't believe in the live free part... don't know what the situation is... i wouldn't let in people... but at least cut with the sanctimony.
                            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                            Skating Friar Jersey
                            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• Originally posted by Patman View Post

we know you don't believe in the live free part... don't know what the situation is... i wouldn't let in people... but at least cut with the sanctimony.
                              It was sarcasm and it wasn't my sarcasm. It was my kid's. It was a direct quote.

Comment

Bring on the Hockey East Power Index
                                Would be nice if they released the formula. Regardless from the press release it seems like a lot of work to switch the 8 and 9 seeds compared to PPG, which at least everyone understands.
                                #NewMass

Comment

Working...
                                X