Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    I need Greg Carvel's thoughts
    He did a zoom today with people who bought the cutouts at Mullins Center. I think there’s gonna be at least one more. Buy a cutout and you can ask him yourself at the next meeting
    #NewMass

Comment

That release makes it seem like they are talking about a rise in cases from kids returning to campus? And not even specifically about athletics? If so how about BU just calls it a season.
      Hey, they tried, wicked hard too, they really did ...

Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Real shame for BU if they can’t play. I was very impressed with them. It seems like a lot of years they have teams with tons of talent who don’t play hard and have chemistry issues but I didn’t see any of that against Maine.

I’ve always been impressed with Ferrance but he has taken it to another level this year. I don’t think he is far behind how good Makar was.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Northeastern adds Yukon on Friday and Flagship for next Tues. Both 6 p.m. at Matthews. Tuesday game on NESN+
          Last edited by Split-N; 02-02-2021, 08:50 PM.
          "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• This is for zlax and a couple others

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...19-family-says

Comment

• Wonder why NU and #IceBus aren’t playing twice this weekend. Haven’t played yet this season I don’t think. Might as well get two in while both are able to.
              #NewMass

Comment

This is for zlax and a couple others

That's great to hear and I genuinely mean that. However, I'll take your non-Covid health issue and raise you two that are Covid related. Currently, the Wild's 2020 first round draft pick (the number 9 overall pick) Marco Rossi, is out for the year due to post-Covid health issues. He's been told by doctors to literally do nothing for at least 6 weeks -- that direction is almost always associated with recovery from myocarditis. And, Alex Stalock is also out indefinitely with an "upper-body" injury. But, he was also listed on the NHL's Covid list. Meaning, he's also dealing with some sort of significant, post-Covid health issue. These are athletes in the top 3% of their sport in the world. Yet, they're being sidelined by a illness that some on here (not saying you J.D.) have stated is "no big deal/no worse than a bad cold".

Comment

• BU-BC women canceled due to what? BU to play Merrimack on Friday only instead.

BC must have some COVID issues as the series was announced on Tuesday then off on Wednesday. I thought BC had this amazing plan for football and could keep their winter teams safe but now three out of the four winter teams have had games PPD. I guess football just got lucky.
                  Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

This is for zlax and a couple others

Good for him...doesn't change the facts that several elite athletes have been hospitalized with this complication or missed/missing season over it.

Comment

• Zlax, I know you like playing the resident dickhead but nobody ever claimed to know what BC football did/didn't do. It was simply an interesting case study to see IF they did anything different than other schools. That doesn't make other schools/sports who had COVID issues "bad". But for a football team to get by like BC did, that's not all luck. Certainly there is some luck involved but they also deserve credit. Why are you so offended by that?

As for the Florida basketball player, we're not talking about other athletes. We're talking about this one where you and your other Coronabros immediately blamed it on COVID. As is usually the case, you were wrong. Just another L for you.

Comment

Zlax, I know you like playing the resident ******** but nobody ever claimed to know what BC football did/didn't do. It was simply an interesting case study to see IF they did anything different than other schools. That doesn't make other schools/sports who had COVID issues "bad". But for a football team to get by like BC did, that's not all luck. Certainly there is some luck involved but they also deserve credit. Why are you so offended by that?

As for the Florida basketball player, we're not talking about other athletes. We're talking about this one where you and your other Coronabros immediately blamed it on COVID. As is usually the case, you were wrong. Just another L for you.
                        Well that interesting case study didn't work! Just another L

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post

Well that interesting case study didn't work! Just another L
                          What didn't work? Again, nobody has any idea what these teams are really doing on a day to day basis or who they consult with. But please tell me, why are you so offended that the BC football received credit? What is so appalling about that?

Comment

What didn't work? Again, nobody has any idea what these teams are really doing on a day to day basis or who they consult with. But please tell me, why are you so offended that the BC football received credit? What is so appalling about that?
                            Because it doesn't fit the "stay home and be terrified" narrative some folks are very attached to?

Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• To be honest, I’m not “sitting in my basement” cowering in fear. Just the opposite, I’ve been out being involved with the game, to include significant travel. Am I happy about that? Nope. Am I doing absolutely everything possible to minimize my risk? Yep. Do I think it makes sense to be playing a sport that every expert on virology, epidemiology, and infectious diseases (except USA. Hockey’s apparently) says is riskier to play than any other indoor sport? No, I don’t.

And, if Michael Osterholm is right and the U.K. variant becomes the dominant strain in the next month AND, that causes daily case counts in some states to be higher than they were back in November will I continue to do what I’m doing? Probably not. Unless of course I can get the vaccine.

Comment

• And just wait, there will be another variant after that. Life goes on.

Comment

Working...
                                X