Hockey East 2020-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post

No, the BC fans were praising the football team for not testing positive.
    I know you're a troll with some chromosomal defects but I'd like to point out that BC football's COVID success was praised nationally by pretty much anyone that noticed. National columnists, local columnists, etc. And for good reason. Given the number of athletes on a D1 football roster and the coaching/support staff they carry with them, it was pretty incredible. I'm sure in your mind it was just luck but I think we all know otherwise.
    Originally posted by reBlur
    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Drew, I have no use for the shootout. And I know 3 on 3 OT is to have fewer ties but I have never really understood the big deal about that. I am perfectly content with ties. And I don't love 3 on 3 OT either. Not when it's being counted as a W/L for PWR (I know there isn't a PWR this year). Is it a weighted W/L? I think i would rather see 4 on 4 OT. 3 on 3 definitely has a gimmick element to it.

Comment

• The big one just dropped with Michigan just shutting down Athletics. Can't see how the NCAA can continue to allow this to go on

Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• This is one of the dirtiest elbows I’ve ever seen against a player. Bet the conference does nothing about it.

https://***********/pbarrz/status/13...550554112?s=21
          #NewMass

Comment

The big one just dropped with Michigan just shutting down Athletics. Can't see how the NCAA can continue to allow this to go on
            Zlax, what the **** are you talking about? Michigan is shutting down for 2 weeks. That is not "the big one dropping". Plenty of other programs have done a two week shutdown. Why do you always have to exaggerate with your propaganda? There has been absolutely nothing on the NCAA shutting down all sports.

Comment

The big one just dropped with Michigan just shutting down Athletics. Can't see how the NCAA can continue to allow this to go on
              Is there any way you can try to contain your giddiness? It's bordering on ghoulish at this point ...

Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Certainly, you make no effort to disguise your glee. I guess I understand how persons who aren't sports fans may view the current situation, but not someone who is a dedicated sports fan. Why not persevere, and try to complete the cobbled together season? Why just give up? Given the number of pauses, it's obvious every school is making the effort to protect players to the greatest degree possible. If the situation becomes untenable, they'll abandon the season, as they did last March.

Actually, I'm surprised you stay so well-informed hiding under your bed with a vat of hand sanitizer and a gross of masks.
                if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post

Certainly, you make no effort to disguise your glee...Why not persevere, and try to complete the cobbled together season? Why just give up?...
                  This!!!!

(And now I find myself on the same side as BU fans...as if agreeing with the BC folk on this thread weren't enough.)

"Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

Zlax, what the **** are you talking about? Michigan is shutting down for 2 weeks. That is not "the big one dropping". Plenty of other programs have done a two week shutdown. Why do you always have to exaggerate with your propaganda? There has been absolutely nothing on the NCAA shutting down all sports.
                    Well, Michigan Athletics said they were following a government MANDATE to shut down. The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services said it was a recommendation but they are done for some time.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...ks/6694672002/
                    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Yes, two weeks. Like I said.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        Drew, I have no use for the shootout. And I know 3 on 3 OT is to have fewer ties but I have never really understood the big deal about that. I am perfectly content with ties. And I don't love 3 on 3 OT either. Not when it's being counted as a W/L for PWR (I know there isn't a PWR this year). Is it a weighted W/L? I think i would rather see 4 on 4 OT. 3 on 3 definitely has a gimmick element to it.
                        My understanding is an ot win counts 55/45 in the pairwise so really isn't much different than a tie. A shootout win is a 50/50 in pairwise so exactly like a tie. For me it would make more sense to just skip ot and do a shootout if you want to go that route. Hopefully at some point sanity prevails and they go back to 5x5 or 4x4 for five minutes and if no one scores its a tie.

Have there really been that many ties in recent times? Maybe I just haven't noticed but not something I ever really considered a problem.
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                          Have there really been that many ties in recent times? Maybe I just haven't noticed but not something I ever really considered a problem.
                          I think if you ask most hardcore hockey fans, they'd be in agreement that RS ties are a non-issue.

OT's in the postseason are magical things, as are penalty shots in live game action, we all enjoy those, but the powers-that-be saw the appeal of both, and using the old adage that "there's no such thing as too much of a good thing", they "fixed" things.

Except, of course, nothing was "broken" in the first place ...
                          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

...Except, of course, nothing was "broken" in the first place ...
                            This is what happens when you let marketers dictate the nature of athletic competition. The big advantage of the point-based standings system used in hockey since forever is it recognizes that one team may legitimately not be better than the other in a given game so the standings points are evenly distributed and thus, the standings accurately reflect competitive results. Gimmicks like 3-on-3 and shootouts are #NotHockey and don't accurately reflect the true results of game competition. Why the marketers want to ape soccer is beyond me.

"Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                              I've posted this before, but counting only regular season games between the start of the 2012-13 season and the end of last season between 10.6% (2018-19) and 13.8% (2015-16) of games have been ties, with an average of 12.1%. Back in the eighties the first two seasons after overtime was shortened to 5 minutes 5.4% and 6.3% of games were ties, and for 2 of the last 3 seasons of 10 minute overtimes just 3.2% and 3.9% of games were ties.

Sean

Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                              Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                              BU Hockey highlights and extras
                              NCAA Hockey Financials
                              Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                              I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                                Why the marketers want to ape soccer is beyond me.
                                Actually, they are not "aping" soccer, as during the regular season, and usually round robin play in tournaments, soccer games end as ties after regulation. It is only when soccer games get to tournament single game knockout rounds that extra time and then shootouts are used.

Sean

Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                                Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                                BU Hockey highlights and extras
                                NCAA Hockey Financials
                                Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                                I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Working...
                                X