This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    I can't find the article, now that I actually need it, but I could have sworn that the hold up for this weekend's game was a UConn issue.
    Yea, they PPD the UConn series

https://nuhuskies.com/news/2021/1/6/...le-update.aspx

Added Merrimack

https://nuhuskies.com/news/2021/1/8/...me-series.aspx
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Which lines up with how Hockey East has handled the whole thing. They have no idea what they are doing. But go back and look at York's history. He has routinely played in holiday tournaments KNOWING he will be without players who are at the World Juniors. So if we then conclude that Hockey East has simply handled all of this poorly, I agree.
      I wouldn't say routinely played in tournaments.

2019-2020 season they did not play between December 8th and Jan. 4th
      2018-2019 season they played Notre Dame on December 31st but that was the only game between December 7th and Jan. 4th
      2017-2018 season they played UConn on December 30th but only game between December 9th and Jan. 5th
      2016-2017 season they played in the Three Rivers Classic on December 29th and 30th and was first games since December 10th.
      2015-2016 season they played in the Florida Tourney December 28th and 29th and was first games since December 10th.
      2014-2015 season they did not play between December 13th and Jan. 2nd when they played in Dartmouth's tourney (I think the Juniors were still going on)

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
        Sure, but think about how many more people and coaches are on a football team as compared to hockey... and in football they could largely divide practices up into different groups (O-Line, defense etc etc).... so it should be easier to isolate within the team than it is in Hockey (or even moreso basketball) which is essentially one unit.
        Easier to isolate? Sure. But there's still only one (1) HEA team that hasn't played a game so far, and everyone else (even the other urban school) seems to have come to grips with this, and soldiered on. If I were a BU fan - and in the past, I was a fan of the program, at least back in the Parker and pre-Parker eras, my "second team" to UNH - I would be a little ticked off and asking some tough questions. Yet all I see on here from BU fans is a bunch of apologists making excuses for the program's laissez-faire approach to the '20/'21 HEA season.

I can absolutely believe the BU administration has the final call on this, and with HEA's "approach" (and I use that term very loosely and sarcastically) I'm sure that stands for each and every other HEA school/program. But again ... when everyone is trying to play, and one (1) team hasn't managed to pull it off after two months into the season, is it just "bad luck" or is it something else? You'd have to be extremely naive or gullible to think it's just down to "bad luck" at this point.

If this happened ten years ago, do you guys seriously think Coach Parker would be sitting this out, or not bucking admin on a daily basis to let his guys play as much as possible ... AND getting his way? Difference between him and Albie is, Parker had clout, earned it and used it. Albie has no clout, and thus has to submit to the whims of the admin. I'm almost tempted to feel badly for him, but who I really feel badly for is his players, who were possibly lied to in order to prevent transfers.

I'm not sure what thread it's on or where, but I posted a contest a couple of months ago asking folks to predict which team would be the last to play an actual game this year. There were pretty much two informed answers: UVM and BU (and my choice was BU). So it's not like this was an unforeseeable, surprise development. This is what BU has become, sadly ...
        Last edited by Chuck Murray; 01-08-2021, 11:49 AM.
        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Zlax I really can't handle your stupidity for much longer. Is it intentional? Are you just trying to get a reaction? In almost all the years you just researched BC played games during the WJC. If you went back even further it's a routine occurrence. BC almost always plays games during the WJC. A lot of times it has been a tournament that York went out of his way to be in knowing full well they would be without a player or two.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            Zlax I really can't handle your stupidity for much longer. Is it intentional? Are you just trying to get a reaction? In almost all the years you just researched BC played games during the WJC. If you went back even further it's a routine occurrence. BC almost always plays games during the WJC. A lot of times it has been a tournament that York went out of his way to be in knowing full well they would be without a player or two.
            I just showed you the last three seasons they did not play in a tournament during Juniors. Routinely means it happens every year.

Comment

• Dallas Stars are now shutdown due to COVID

https://twitter.com/PR_NHL/status/1347601895624495104

Comment

• Lol. Ok, sorry. That game against Notre Dame was not a "tournament" game but was still a non conference game. Wow, what a difference. I think you should take a look at David Quinn's holiday scheduling philosophy and then get back to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

Easier to isolate? Sure. But there's still only one (1) HEA team that hasn't played a game so far, and everyone else (even the other urban school) seems to have come to grips with this, and soldiered on. If I were a BU fan - and in the past, I was a fan of the program, at least back in the Parker and pre-Parker eras, my "second team" to UNH - I would be a little ticked off and asking some tough questions. Yet all I see on here from BU fans is a bunch of apologists making excuses for the program's laissez-faire approach to the '20/'21 HEA season.

I can absolutely believe the BU administration has the final call on this, and with HEA's "approach" (and I use that term very loosely and sarcastically) I'm sure that stands for each and every other HEA school/program. But again ... when everyone is trying to play, and one (1) team hasn't managed to pull it off after two months into the season, is it just "bad luck" or is it something else? You'd have to be extremely naive or gullible to think it's just down to "bad luck" at this point.

If this happened ten years ago, do you guys seriously think Coach Parker would be sitting this out, or not bucking admin on a daily basis to let his guys play as much as possible ... AND getting his way? Difference between him and Albie is, Parker had clout, earned it and used it. Albie has no clout, and thus has to submit to the whims of the admin. I'm almost tempted to feel badly for him, but who I really feel badly for is his players, who were possibly lied to in order to prevent transfers.

I'm not sure what thread it's on or where, but I posted a contest a couple of months ago asking folks to predict which team would be the last to play an actual game this year. There were pretty much two informed answers: UVM and BU (and my choice was BU). So it's not like this was an unforeseeable, surprise development. This is what BU has become, sadly ...
                  Since BU Athletics has played a GRAND total of two home games which both came this week (MBB and WBB), it is the standard of the school.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjmc85 View Post
                    Carvel never specifically called out BU. He said there were teams those didn't have the virus and chose not to play.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out which team hasn't reported any positive tests but also hasn't played in almost a month. Also doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why they didn't play.
                    Yes, of course, Jerry York is afraid of playing the iron of Hockey East in late December/early January. Always been that way. It's the only way he's managed to amass those five (5) D-1 National titles there and at BG. Good point (not) rocket scientist.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                      Since BU Athletics has played a GRAND total of two home games which both came this week (MBB and WBB), it is the standard of the school.
                      Never said it wasn't. Fact of the matter is, Coach Parker would never have stood for it, AND there's no way the admins would have dared push back on him.

Albie isn't going to be confused for Parker anytime soon ...

Comment

• Ok. Enlighten me then. Every team besides BU has played since BC last played. Many of those games-if not all- were not originally scheduled. But somehow, the rest of those teams managed to get games and play.

What was the reason BC took those days off? If it wasn’t covid and it wasn’t because of missing players at the world juniors, what was it?
                        #NewMass

Comment

Ok. Enlighten me then. Every team besides BU has played since BC last played. Many of those games-if not all- were not originally scheduled. But somehow, the rest of those teams managed to get games and play.

What was the reason BC took those days off? If it wasn’t covid and it wasn’t because of missing players at the world juniors, what was it?
                          I would like this answer too

Comment

Ok. Enlighten me then. Every team besides BU has played since BC last played. Many of those games-if not all- were not originally scheduled. But somehow, the rest of those teams managed to get games and play.

Who are you asking? You should contact Hockey East. But don't spin Carvel's comments into something they weren't. He was not talking about BC. He was talking about BU.

Comment

• But this narrative that Zlax wants you to believe that BC avoids playing during the WJC is absurd and proven false if you look at schedules over the last 20 years (I will wait for the Zlax report).

Comment

Working...
                              X