No announcement yet.

Hockey East 2020-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And Hockey East was so forthcoming with info on why that series was called off!

Comment

• My point is that it’s not the BU hockey program making the calls. By the looks of it BU is probably the most sensitive school in the country (minus the ivys) in regards to covid and protocols.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

Isn't that what they have been doing in college football all year long? They haven't postponed games because of one positive test.
        There were all kinds of football games canceled or postponed over the course of the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
          My point is that it's not the BU hockey program making the calls. By the looks of it BU is probably the most sensitive school in the country (minus the ivys) in regards to covid and protocols.
          ... OR maybe the BU hockey program disingenuously misled its players into thinking they would actually try to participate in the '20/'21 Hockey East season, so as to avert some of their better players seeking transfers to other D-1 programs more committed to playing this season?

Haven't the some of the Ivy programs (ECAC) lost players to transfer once they nuked the season?

That's not an accusation, I'm only speculating why this curious course of conduct is going on ...
          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

There were all kinds of football games canceled or postponed over the course of the season.
            I understand that. But they weren't postponed because of ONE positive test. That is the difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by Split-N View Post

Mr. Lemonade's post implied that the pause at Northeastern had something to do with the men's hockey program. For the record, the reasons for the pause did not involve the NU men's hockey program, or anyone associated with it, in any shape, manner, or form. Not by direct testing or indirectly through contact tracing. And whatever the reason for this week's cancellation of the UConn series, it doesn't involve Northeastern.
              I can't find the article, now that I actually need it, but I could have sworn that the hold up for this weekend's game was a UConn issue.
              Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
              2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
              2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

I understand that. But they weren't postponed because of ONE positive test. That is the difference.
                Sure, but think about how many more people and coaches are on a football team as compared to hockey... and in football they could largely divide practices up into different groups (O-Line, defense etc etc).... so it should be easier to isolate within the team than it is in Hockey (or even moreso basketball) which is essentially one unit.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

Sure, but think about how many more people and coaches are on a football team as compared to hockey... and in football they could largely divide practices up into different groups (O-Line, defense etc etc).... so it should be easier to isolate within the team than it is in Hockey (or even moreso basketball) which is essentially one unit.
                  And you’re outside in football and can create a lot of distance between people. Hockey doesn’t have those luxuries.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Lowell's games against Merrimack this weekend, and the newly scheduled one against Amherst on Tuesday, are now all postponed. Positive tests at Lowell.
                    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• When was the one positive test in question discovered and then when is it ok for a team to play after they had one positive test? This all goes back to having a plan to play. I am sure Hockey East consulted with medical experts but I just think they have failed miserably at implementing a plan and explaining the parameters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post

Carvels comments are pretty dumb in my opinion....BU was ready to play and Vermont paused...how it that BU's fault? Then BU had covid issues and had to pause then winter break which happens every year. BU isn't opting out of games for no reason. Based in the city they certainly have a different Covid climate than being out in Amherst. If anything not playing has screwed BU hockey. Good luck not scrimmaging or playing any games at all then having to jump into Hockey East where teams are in midseason form with teams already having 12+ games under its belt.
                        Carvel never specifically called out BU. He said there were teams those didn’t have the virus and chose not to play.

Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out which team hasn’t reported any positive tests but also hasn’t played in almost a month. Also doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out why they didn’t play.

Also, with the UML cancellations it has me thinking that a tournament this year probably isn’t happening. There’s gonna be positive tests and chaos is going to unfold. Might be a good season to determine the autobid by standings, but then first they’d have to figure out how they’re going to determine the standings.

Only way I can see a tournament happening is creating a bubble. UMass has two rinks and is in Amherst and didn’t bring students to campus. Maybe the conference could bubble at Amherst. Each team could have its own entire dorm.
                        #NewMass

Comment

• Lol so you're trying to spin Carvel's comments into being a shot at BC? I assume that is what you're referring to. If you're trying to say BC should have played someone since their last game, who should they have played? Take it up with the league. Hockey East has done a terrible job during all of this.
                          Last edited by J.D.; 01-08-2021, 11:05 AM.

Comment

• And you should read Carvel's comments again. He is NOT talking about BC not playing recently. And he actually did specifically mention BU not playing.

Comment

Lol so you're trying to spin Carvel's comments into being a shot at BC? I assume that is what you're referring to. If you're trying to say BC should have played someone since their last game, who should they have played? Take it up with the league. Hockey East has done a terrible job during all of this.
                              Well Hockey East was scheduling games for PC who was without their Head Coach (who is still out this weekend), their Director of Operations (more of a video coach), and two players while BC wasn't getting games added? Just odd

Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Which lines up with how Hockey East has handled the whole thing. They have no idea what they are doing. But go back and look at York's history. He has routinely played in holiday tournaments KNOWING he will be without players who are at the World Juniors. So if we then conclude that Hockey East has simply handled all of this poorly, I agree.

Comment

Working...
                                X