Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It will be very interesting if BU doesn't play this weekend. If there hasn't been a "what's going on here" call by now, I think there'd need to be one under these circumstances. I guess the same thought applies to other schools who've only played a few games.

Even more interesting would be if Greg Carvel were coaching BU.
    if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Greg Carvel just went up a few notches in my estimation.
      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
        It will be very interesting if BU doesn't play this weekend. If there hasn't been a "what's going on here" call by now, I think there'd need to be one under these circumstances. I guess the same thought applies to other schools who've only played a few games.

Don't get any ideas. Stay the hell away from Carvel. :P
        #NewMass

Comment

• That press release mentions a series being called off because of one positive test but then offers no explanation as to why the men's schedule was changed. That is what is frustrating. A little more transparency would be nice. And as I have said all along, if you are postponing games because of one positive test that is not really a plan to play.

Comment

That press release mentions a series being called off because of one positive test but then offers no explanation as to why the men's schedule was changed. That is what is frustrating. A little more transparency would be nice. And as I have said all along, if you are postponing games because of one positive test that is not really a plan to play.
            Agreed

Comment

That press release mentions a series being called off because of one positive test but then offers no explanation as to why the men's schedule was changed. That is what is frustrating. A little more transparency would be nice. And as I have said all along, if you are postponing games because of one positive test that is not really a plan to play.
              If not postpone, what do you propose a team do if they have a positive test? Just go play anyway?

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

If not postpone, what do you propose a team do if they have a positive test? Just go play anyway?
                Isn't that what they have been doing in college football all year long? They haven't postponed games because of one positive test.

Comment

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                  It will be very interesting if BU doesn't play this weekend. If there hasn't been a "what's going on here" call by now, I think there'd need to be one under these circumstances. I guess the same thought applies to other schools who've only played a few games.

Carvels comments are pretty dumb in my opinion....BU was ready to play and Vermont paused...how it that BU's fault? Then BU had covid issues and had to pause then winter break which happens every year. BU isn't opting out of games for no reason. Based in the city they certainly have a different Covid climate than being out in Amherst. If anything not playing has screwed BU hockey. Good luck not scrimmaging or playing any games at all then having to jump into Hockey East where teams are in midseason form with teams already having 12+ games under its belt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
                    Carvels comments are pretty dumb in my opinion....BU was ready to play and Vermont paused...how it that BU's fault? Then BU had covid issues and had to pause then winter break which happens every year. BU isn't opting out of games for no reason. Based in the city they certainly have a different Covid climate than being out in Amherst. If anything not playing has screwed BU hockey. Good luck not scrimmaging or playing any games at all then having to jump into Hockey East where teams are in midseason form with teams already having 12+ games under its belt.
                    Being in the city certainly hasn't curtailed Northeastern's efforts to get out and play games?

Comment

Good luck not scrimmaging or playing any games at all then having to jump into Hockey East where teams are in midseason form with teams already having 12+ games under its belt.
                      One team has played 12+ games, but I get your point.
                      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

Being in the city certainly hasn't curtailed Northeastern's efforts to get out and play games?
                        But it has - Northeastern had to pause but for a time but they dodged missing games. Its just about the timing.

From NU news "Hockey season was supposed to launch after Thanksgiving but was delayed when a small cluster of athletes tested positive for COVID-19."

Comment

But it has - Northeastern had to pause but for a time but they dodged missing games. Its just about the timing.

From NU news "Hockey season was supposed to launch after Thanksgiving but was delayed when a small cluster of athletes tested positive for COVID-19."
                          Nice try. Northeastern has since played ten (10) games - BU has still played all of zero (0) games.

This is more than "just about the timing" or bad luck. It's about willingness to compete (or not).

If BU just doesn't want to compete, why not just say so? Most (if not all?) of the Ivies did.

Why draw it out, frustrate your players and fans, and BS it as "bad timing"?!?

Comment

• This schedule flipping is like when my kid played mites and they changed things, on the fly, with a day notice. I bet they haven't played this many games in a week with little rest in a while. Also interesting they way they are scheduling. The initial plan was to only sched games on certain days to coincide with the testing schedule. They threw that out the window which has already caused one team to have an issue when the test result came back after the game was played. whoops.

Comment

...Northeastern had to pause but for a time but they dodged missing games...
                              Mr. Lemonade's post implied that the pause at Northeastern had something to do with the men's hockey program. For the record, the reasons for the pause did not involve the NU men's hockey program, or anyone associated with it, in any shape, manner, or form. Not by direct testing or indirectly through contact tracing. And whatever the reason for this week's cancellation of the UConn series, it doesn't involve Northeastern.

"Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Working...
                              X