No announcement yet.

Hockey East 2020-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hockey East Twitter confirms contrary to reports I’ve heard from various outlets, no decision has made about points per game determining seeding.

https://***********/hockey_east/stat...057419265?s=21

I’m obviously bias as the team I root for has the most points currently, but not the most points per game. I can see the argument for points per game if there is a reasonable range (everyone playing 20-30 games) but think that argument goes away as the range gets bigger and bigger. If, for example, a teams is only able to play 2 or 3 games and goes undefeated, I don’t think they should be the first seed.
    #NewMass

Comment

• Originally posted by jjmc85 View Post
      Hockey East Twitter confirms contrary to reports I've heard from various outlets, no decision has made about points per game determining seeding.

https://***********/hockey_east/stat...057419265?s=21
      Hockey East hasn't come to a decision on virtually anything to date. Why should this be any different?

Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Metcalf will come out at the end of the season and say all games are retroactively converted to non league games and that the 2020-2021 HE season didn't happen. Or better yet, it will be an unsigned press release.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          Metcalf will come out at the end of the season and say all games are retroactively converted to non league games and that the 2020-2021 HE season didn't happen. Or better yet, it will be an unsigned press release.
          Problem is, if there is/was no Hockey East season, there is no basis to pay the commish.

P.S. - who is this "Metcalf" you are referencing?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

Problem is, if there is/was no Hockey East season, there is no basis to pay the commish.

https://hockeyeastonline.com/hockey-...er-metcalf.php

Comment

When we finally do this thing and square all accounts, you're going to need a designated driver to get you home in one piece, you have so many coming to you (we're on the honor system, so you tell me how many). To date, I think the only person to square accounts with me on owed beers has been HR, which we took care of at the HE Tourney a couple of years or so ago. So I do pay these off.

sonar probably already has some on his tab too, so you guys may need to hire a limo ...
              I think that the tally is somewhere north of a half dozen, although I did give one back earlier this "season" for your answer to my really easy trivia quiz, which I cannot remember now. My dream always has been for me to donate all but one of my Chuck Murray trivia quiz beers to others at the table following a National Championship win at a Frozen Four. :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                My dream always has been for me to donate all but one of my Chuck Murray trivia quiz beers to others at the table following a National Championship win at a Frozen Four. :-)
                You and me both, Snives. Gotta have dreams.

Comment

We all know that Metcalf will be the AD at UNH in two years when Marty retires....
                  Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post

We all know that Metcalf will be the AD at UNH in two years when Marty retires....
                    If that was indeed going to be the case ... why would he have ever left UNH in the first place?

I think the current AD is in situ for the long haul, unfortunately ...

Comment

HUGE difference between "science" and "the experts", J.D. I could find an "expert" tonight who would testify on a stack of Bibles that the Sun revolves around the Earth, and not vice versa.

Let's put it this way, in the context of the Wuhan Flu a/k/a COVID-19. IF you were the most learned and prominent expert in your field related to immunology ... would you be working for government scale pay (good benefits but not huge money) OR would you be heading up your own department somewhere in the private sector at a place like Pfizer, Merck, or Johnson & Johnson, making real money, stock options AND on the front line of cutting edge research?

Clue: Dr. Fauci and his ilk did not come up with the vaccines. REAL experts in the private sector did.

Just a cautionary note before anyone gets out over their skis on what constitutes "learned" and true "expertise" ... many so-called "experts" are nothing more than over-credentialed frauds with bulky CV's containing a long list of nothings, who happen to be good at marketing and networking to get their name out in the public domain. We've seen a LOT of those folks over the last several months, enjoying themselves WAY too much, and just so reluctant to let their 15 minutes of fame lapse.
                      Bless your heart.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        Bless your heart.
                        You're right - you got nothing.

Comment

• BU has a mandatory mask mandate for BOTH teams for their first basketball games of the year.

https://***********/GoodmanHoops/status/1346092878171426819
                          Last edited by The Zlax45; 01-04-2021, 12:38 PM.
                          Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                            BU has a mandatory mask mandate for BOTH teams for their first basketball games of the year.

https://***********/GoodmanHoops/status/1346092878171426819
                            Article in the globe as well: https://www.boston.com/sports/colleg...ams-wear-masks

Comment

• My wife sent me a pic of BU player at FT line with mask under his nose. I'm not getting on him as my position on making athletes wear masks has been stated but I am just curious if Zlax reported this to BU officials.

Comment

• Greg Carvel coming in hot

https://***********/gregdcam/status/...642264064?s=19

Comment

Working...
                                X