Hockey East 2020-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
    And the Florida basketball player who collapsed had the same condition that is connected to COVID. Do we need a player to die on the court, field or ice for us to wake up?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...19/4019276001/

Sure seems like it.

But wait, nearly a million Americans are flying this week...

We are clearly a Nation of short-sighted idiots.

Comment

• The very first paragraph of Zlax article says "may" be connected to COVID. I think Chuck might want to take this one...

It's been a nice break from this god awful thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post
        And the selfishness continues....
        What an absolutely meaningless post without any context.

Comment

First MAJOR athletic department program to opt out. BC Men's Soccer didn't play this year due to players not being able to get back to the country and Cal State Northridge women's basketball players opted out before the season.
          Your dedication to logging all of this is truly incredible. Please keep us updated in this Hockey East thread on what is happening with every sport for every college program in the country.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

Sure seems like it.

But wait, nearly a million Americans are flying this week...

We are clearly a Nation of short-sighted idiots.
            Lol. You say short sighted as if this hasn't been going on for 9 months with no set time for when the average American will be vaccinated. So when is it ok for someone to fly? Please let me know.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

Your dedication to logging all of this is truly incredible. Please keep us updated in this Hockey East thread on what is happening with every sport for every college program in the country.
              Because I can read, it isn't tough to log this stuff.
              Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

What an absolutely meaningless post without any context.
                That’s the perfect definition. Thanks.
                Fits right in with all the crap in here.
                Continue....
                $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                Just win.....

Comment

• Right now Hockey East has UMass listed as first place. Guess they’re gonna reward the teams that play and do straight up points for standings?
                  #NewMass

Comment

The very first paragraph of Zlax article says "may" be connected to COVID. I think Chuck might want to take this one...
                    Already cited the long line of young (and not-so-young) basketball stars of the past who died of heart ailments well before the current issues even existed. No need to repeat myself.

Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

Already cited the long line of young (and not-so-young) basketball stars of the past who died of heart ailments well before the current issues even existed. No need to repeat myself.
                      Has anyone heard of an athlete before 2020 missing a season to this condition or being diagnosed?

Comment

Has anyone heard of an athlete before 2020 missing a season to this condition or being diagnosed?
                        Hank Gathers (Google it if you have to). There are others. Too many others in too many sports.
                        "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Lol. You say short sighted as if this hasn't been going on for 9 months with no set time for when the average American will be vaccinated. So when is it ok for someone to fly? Please let me know.
                          JD, are you living in a vaccum? Most of the learned individuals are saying most Americans will have access to the vaccine by late spring/early summer. I don'y know about you but, in my mind, that would meet the average person's definition of a "set timeline"...Then again, you, Chuck, and Jeb are clearly NOT at the level of average

Comment

• Originally posted by Split-N View Post

Hank Gathers (Google it if you have to). There are others. Too many others in too many sports.
                            So do we need this to happen again for people to wake up?

Comment

So do we need this to happen again for people to wake up?
                              I'll admit to not always being the brightest bulb but I don't understand the point of your question. Are you saying that we should abolish all sports because there may be athletes like Hank Gathers out there who may have undiagnosed heart and other conditions unrelated to COVID that could jeopardize their health and maybe even kill them?
                              "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• Originally posted by net presence View Post

JD, are you living in a vaccum? Most of the learned individuals are saying most Americans will have access to the vaccine by late spring/early summer. I don'y know about you but, in my mind, that would meet the average person's definition of a "set timeline"...Then again, you, Chuck, and Jeb are clearly NOT at the level of average
                                Silly me, I am not totally up to speed with the learned individuals like you are. You insufferable toolbag. But ok, "most" Americans will have access to a vaccine in what could still be another 6 months if you go by early summer. So then we can proceed with life? Or will people like you be looking for proof of vaccination and keeping a log zlax style? What percentage of Americans need to be vaccinated before it's ok for routinely tested college athletes playing a game in an empty arena? You care so deeply about this, put some numbers behind it and tell us when we can carry on with life.

Comment

Working...
                                X