This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hockey East 2020-2021

I think this would be a good centralized place to talk about the conference.

Today they announced a few schedule changes. Most notable (to me anyway) is BC will now be playing UMass home and home this weekend instead of PC. Coach Carvel and AD Ryan Bamford have been vocal about wanting to get an opponent this weekend to make up for UVM, so I get it from that perspective. But why did PC lose games because of it? PC hasn’t played yet and UMass has. Seems bizarre unless there is something I’m not clear on, like restrictions between MA and RI?

Edit here is the link: http://hockeyeastonline.com/articles...ovember-23.php
    #NewMass

Rhode Island recently announced a two week "pause", but it doesn't go into affect until next Monday and they've made clear NCAA sports are exempt.
    https://twitter.com/RIHEALTH/status/...534425600?s=20

If you follow @MarkDivver on twitter, I bet he'll follow up with an explanation at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by jjmc85 View Post
      I admire your optimism, I really do.

It's been a long LONG time since the USCHO forums worked that way.

I think it's been over a decade since the overall majority of folks started to fragment into separate little program "bubbles", and shared threads started to fade away. We've definitely lost something in the process. I miss those days, I much prefer your approach, but I think that ship has sadly sailed. Sign of the times, I suppose. Good luck, I hope you can turn the tide.
      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

when you feel like hope is gone
        Just run into my arms the impossible quiz best game.

Comment

Northeastern winter sports have been paused through Dec. 18 because of "small outbreaks" involving women's hockey and basketball, and men's track & field. No apparent positives involving men's hockey but this weekend's series with UML is off.
          "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
            Northeastern winter sports have been paused through Dec. 18 because of "small outbreaks" involving women's hockey and basketball, and men's track & field. No apparent positives involving men's hockey but this weekend's series with UML is off.
            Maine just shutdown Athletics for two weeks also

https://goblackbears.com/news/2020/1...ctivities.aspx
            Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

From the Maine link The Zlax45 posted: “This decision will most immediately impact students participating in the men's and women's basketball, and the men's and women's ice hockey programs. All games scheduled to be played between Nov. 25 and Dec. 8 have been canceled.” Emphasis mine.

Maybe I’m reading to much into this, but the fact they’re declaring games cancelled as opposed to postponed doesn’t give me much hope.
              #NewMass

Comment

Originally posted by jjmc85 View Post

Today they announced a few schedule changes. Most notable (to me anyway) is BC will now be playing UMass home and home this weekend instead of PC. Coach Carvel and AD Ryan Bamford have been vocal about wanting to get an opponent this weekend to make up for UVM, so I get it from that perspective. But why did PC lose games because of it? PC hasn’t played yet and UMass has. Seems bizarre unless there is something I’m not clear on, like restrictions between MA and RI?

Edit here is the link: http://hockeyeastonline.com/articles...ovember-23.php
                Rhode Island and Massachusetts travel has been shutdown with quarantine rules since August 7th

https://twitter.com/MassDPH/status/1...ers-in-bedford

Comment

BTW, When are these "writers" going to get Metcalf on the phone for comment on all the issues right now going on in Hockey East?

There was supposed to be eight games this weekend and now there will only be two between BC and UMass-Amherst.

Comment

Back on the Northeastern situation: From what I've been told, the "outbreak" involved only players from several women's teams, including hockey. Men's basketball got ensnared through contact tracing. What's really frustrating is that NU is running a positivity rate of only .19 (note the decimal point) on ~435K tests, which is remarkable considering the size of the on-campus population. And it has to be doubly frustrating for men's hockey since nobody associated with the program is affected in any way.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                      BTW, When are these "writers" going to get Metcalf on the phone for comment on all the issues right now going on in Hockey East?

There was supposed to be eight games this weekend and now there will only be two between BC and UMass-Amherst.
                      Clearly you haven't been following the "Manhunt" thread on our missing-in-action Commish ...

Manhunt Begins as Local Man Goes Missing for 100 Days - USCHO.com Fan Forum | fanforum.uscho.com

Comment

Back on the Northeastern situation: From what I've been told, the "outbreak" involved only players from several women's teams, including hockey. Men's basketball got ensnared through contact tracing. What's really frustrating is that NU is running a positivity rate of only .19 (note the decimal point) on ~435K tests, which is remarkable considering the size of the on-campus population.
                        If that's 0.19% of 435 tests, that's literally one (1) person.

If it's .19 of a max 1.00 rate (not percent) then that's roughly 100 people.

That's a huge difference ... can you clarify Split-N?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

You missed the K (as in thousand) following the number. So .19 positivity (7-day moving average) on just under 435,000 tests.

Comment

Back on the Northeastern situation: From what I've been told, the "outbreak" involved only players from several women's teams, including hockey. Men's basketball got ensnared through contact tracing. What's really frustrating is that NU is running a positivity rate of only .19 (note the decimal point) on ~435K tests, which is remarkable considering the size of the on-campus population. And it has to be doubly frustrating for men's hockey since nobody associated with the program is affected in any way.
                            Maybe my math is off, but a .19% positive rate of 435,000 tests is 826 positives. Are the dorms fully open at NU? Regardless though, 826 positives leads to a lot of contact tracing and a lot of chances for that number to keep growing.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

From the NU Dashboard as of 11:15 AM:
                              Since 17 August 434,409 total tests, 339 positive tests (283 students, 31 faculty/staff, 25 contract employees). Last seven days reported (11/16-11/22), 33,948 tests, 65 positive tests.

The UMaine system doesn't seem to have a detailed dashboard, but as of yesterday gave 75 total cases on the Orono campus, 19 which are residence hall students, since the start of testing. However, they are testing far less than NU, with just under 38,000 total tests for the entire UMaine system since the start of testing and just 6,424 the past 14 days. Also of the 88 total UMS positive tests, 42 have been in the past 14 days.

Sean
                              Last edited by Sean Pickett; 11-25-2020, 12:06 PM.
                              Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                              Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                              BU Hockey highlights and extras
                              NCAA Hockey Financials
                              Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                              I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Working...
                              X