Hockey East 2020-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honestly.
    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Anyone else notice there are 4 league games, 3 on TV tomorrow? Only Providence/CT the least compelling is not televised. UNH/BC is always fun to watch. BU/UML is usually a good battle and NU has more than a decent shot going to Amherst. There are also 2 B1G games on TV tomorrow. Good viewing practice for the 1st round of the NCAAs which ESPN is televising(?).
      I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Not sure i agree PC/UConn is least compelling. BC, BU and UMass are all in the NCAAs. Winner of that other game still has a shot.

Comment

• 3 BT games on tomorrow, all in same building. That could get dicey.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            Not sure i agree PC/UConn is least compelling. BC, BU and UMass are all in the NCAAs. Winner of that other game still has a shot.
            UConn has no shot, unless they win the league tourney. So, they have no shot. :-)
            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Ha, probably. Will probably come down to a .500 HE team vs. an inflated WCHA team.

Comment

Ha, probably. Will probably come down to a .500 HE team vs. an inflated WCHA team.
                WIS has set the odds on UConn marching to its first Lamoriello Trophy on the UNH thread just now.
                Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...aks-Ground.php

Sacred Heart following through. They didn't have a good year this year to build off of last year but HE should be looking for a 12th member. Could allow LIU to slide into Atlantic Hockey. Says they are opening the building against BC. Maybe HE waits it out to see how it goes.

Comment

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...aks-Ground.php

Sacred Heart following through. They didn't have a good year this year to build off of last year but HE should be looking for a 12th member. Could allow LIU to slide into Atlantic Hockey. Says they are opening the building against BC. Maybe HE waits it out to see how it goes.
                    I would much, much prefer hockey east get rid of a team or two. The league desperately needs to get back to each team playing other teams in the league three times.
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• I thought they wanted to get to an even number of teams as it makes for easier scheduling. How do you get rid of a team?

Comment

• I don’t think anyone is getting kicked out and I don’t think anyone is gonna voluntarily leave anytime soon. Also no offense to them but I would hold out for someone other than Sacred Heart right now. I don’t know who that would be. If anyone is wait and see it’s probably Holy Cross. They’re following a similar path that UConn did by having their women’s program in the conference first. They also are more of a name brand program in New England anyway.
                        #NewMass

Comment

• Holy Cross needs to make a commitment like Sacred Heart has to be considered. Don't think HC would be able to get the crowds at the DCU that UConn gets in Hartford. They need a rink.

Comment

I thought they wanted to get to an even number of teams as it makes for easier scheduling. How do you get rid of a team?
                            Kick Uconn out? In all honesty it's unlikely a team leaves but would be nice to have happen. I definitely would not add another team. The way I look at it is I would much rather have a couple of more games versus BU, BC, UNH, Northeastern, and Providence versus a couple games against Holy Cross or Sacred Heart. UVM has been in the league close to 20 years now and I still can't get very excited about playing them.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• The only way a team would ever leave is if they are basically waving the white flag on competing. Perhaps Maine? I kid...

Both the ECAC and Atlantic Hockey are full. Didn't Merrimack just go D1 in hoops? I know BU hoops switched to Patriot League but it would take one of these programs giving up. I am just telling you I know York has said it and I have to believe the league wants it...they want an even number of teams. That doesn't mean you rush into anything but Sacred Heart following through on their rink and being in the New England footprint makes them a program to watch.

Comment

• Anyone watch the Big 10 and the NCHC games? I don't thing any Hockey East school can stick within 3 goals of ND or Minnesota.

Comment

Working...
                                X