X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    I'm sure you're celebrating
    Whats to celebrate? UNH doing the right thing or more people getting sick from Covid?
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by Split-N View Post
      Personally, I'm just happy that we're having a season--unbalanced, irrational, unfair, and discombobulated as it may be. And I really don't have any strong feelings about the tournament selection formula or even which team ultimately wins. Completing a season, having any kind of playoff, and crowning a champion is what's important. We can get back to expecting fairness, balance, rationality, and clarity next year when this scourge is hopefully in the rear-view mirror.
      Amen.
      The Souza record:
      15-16 10th place
      16-17 10th place
      17-18 11th place
      18-19 8th place
      19-20 9th place
      20-21 10th place
      21-22 9th place
      22-23 10th place

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
        Whats to celebrate? UNH doing the right thing or more people getting sick from Covid?
        When did you turn into a snowflake, Wally???

500 kids were going to watch a game in a 6,500 seat arena, with masks and social distancing.

Oh, the horror ... /sarcasm

Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          An A for effort. Maybe they got some angry letters in the mail.
          Probably got a call from Thought Control Central in DC for daring to veer slightly from the narrative ...

Comment

• Some of the comments on this thread make the old rivalry comments look boring. There's snark, and then there's some of the vitriol being thrown back and forth.

It's good to see politics got fully brought into this discussion.
            Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
            2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
            2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
              Some of the comments on this thread make the old rivalry comments look boring. There's snark, and then there's some of the vitriol being thrown back and forth.

It's good to see politics got fully brought into this discussion.
              Politics were interjected into this thread literally from Page One. You're just noticing now, Monty? :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

Politics were interjected into this thread literally from Page One. You're just noticing now, Monty? :-)
                To be fair, I didn't start reading till about midst page 40.
                Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                  To be fair, I didn't start reading till about midst page 40.
                  SPOILER ALERT: You're not missing anything before that ...

Comment

When did you turn into a snowflake, Wally???

500 kids were going to watch a game in a 6,500 seat arena, with masks and social distancing.

Oh, the horror ... /sarcasm
                    Talk about horror, kids can't go to a hockey game to try and stop the spread of Covid. Not sure how they can live without watching a ****ty UNH team

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      Talk about horror, kids can't go to a hockey game to try and stop the spread of Covid.
                      Nothing has worked so far, tell me when we get to sticking gum on top of our propeller beanies, OK?

The new guy supposedly had a plan, but it turns out he didn't. So he's borrowing the last guy's plan.

Suggest you catch the linked video below, tell me when you guys begin to get buyer's remorse ...

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      Not sure how they can live without watching a ****ty UNH team
                      You DO have a fair point there. But it would be nice to have a normal campus evening out, eh?

Comment

Nothing has worked so far, tell me when we get to sticking gum on top of our propeller beanies, OK?
                        "2 weeks to flatten the curve" is almost 52 weeks old now Chuck! We're going to wear 2 masks and that'll cure everything.
                        Originally posted by reBlur
                        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

The new guy supposedly had a plan, but it turns out he didn't. So he's borrowing the last guy's plan.

Suggest you catch the linked video below, tell me when you guys begin to get buyer's remorse ...

You DO have a fair point there. But it would be nice to have a normal campus evening out, eh?

Chuck, so what's your response to the fact that the NHL is now dealing with 90% plus chance that they're having in game transmission between teams and officials? Of course, that's what legitimate experts like Osterholm and others have said respective to hockey for months. In fact, Osterholm said in an interview a week ago Thursday with WCCO radio in the Twin Cities (Chad Hartman's show if you want to podcast it if you don't believe me) that the majority of the current outbreaks in Minnesota are associated with youth sports, specifically hockey in our state and, that there were 50 current outbreaks in the state tied directly to youth and high school hockey. It came up in the context of whether it's safe for kids of all ages/grades to be back in school, along with whether teachers need to be vaccinated to provide the required safety for them specifically. Which, you might be surprised to hear, he agrees the kids should be back in school and, he doesn't believe teachers need to be vaccinated to provide an acceptable amount of safety.

My broader point being, your and J.D.'s (and others on this thread) continued minimizing of the risk to the athletes of a significantly negative outcome from being infected (besides actually dying), which is obviously higher by playing their sport versus not, is pretty pathetic. Especially now that a number of players -- including Toews and the Wild's number 1 pick from this year's draft, are dealing with significant, post-Covid related symptoms. In Rossi's case, it's already been decided he's done for the year (myocarditis). In Toews case, it doesn't appear he's anywhere close to being able to play and he's suffering significantly from "long-haulers" syndrome. Sadly, I fear we're going to see an increase in cardiac episodes in athletes over the next 2-3 years because they didn't get the properly detailed post-Covid cardiac exams prior to returning to competition.

Comment

• I don't recall the last time I talked about the risks involved for athletes. I have fully acknowledged there are risks involved. Much like a lot of other things in this thing called life. I'm just not gonna demand everything be shut down until every single person on earth is vaccinated. If a hockey player/family doesn't want to play because they could possibly get COVID, they don't have to play. Unbelievable that this is still a conversation a year later but go on, keep spreading your lies to exaggerate your point. Such as linking Jonathan Toews to COVID when it hasn't even been announced he ever had COVID. Just like the Florida basketball player, morons like you have to blame everything on COVID even if you're proven wrong.
                            Last edited by J.D.; 02-13-2021, 06:26 AM.

Comment

I agree it would be nice to have a normal night out, anywhere not just on Campus. If the people that wanted to go would keep their virus to themselves I'd be all for it. That doesn't seem to be the way this virus works. Do I think 500 fans in the whitt would be a so called " super spreader" event, probably not but not sure its worth the chance. BTW the ****ty comment goes for UMaine hockey also

Comment

• Originally posted by net presence View Post
                                My broader point being, your and J.D.'s (and others on this thread) continued minimizing of the risk to the athletes of a significantly negative outcome from being infected (besides actually dying), which is obviously higher by playing their sport versus not, is pretty pathetic. Especially now that a number of players -- including Toews and the Wild's number 1 pick from this year's draft, are dealing with significant, post-Covid related symptoms. In Rossi's case, it's already been decided he's done for the year (myocarditis). In Toews case, it doesn't appear he's anywhere close to being able to play and he's suffering significantly from "long-haulers" syndrome. Sadly, I fear we're going to see an increase in cardiac episodes in athletes over the next 2-3 years because they didn't get the properly detailed post-Covid cardiac exams prior to returning to competition.
                                Here's an off-the-top-of-my-head list of "significantly negative outcomes" for hockey players ...

* Travis Roy
                                * Joe Exter
                                * Bill Masterton
                                * Jiri Fischer
                                * Norm Leveille
                                * Clint Malarchuk
                                * Marc Savard
                                * Ted Green
                                * Donald Brashear
                                * Brian Berard
                                * Ace Bailey
                                * Ian Laperriere

You know, I could easily double or triple the size of that list if I researched it. But you mention one (1) kid who's missing one (1) season, another that JD has already pointed out is unconfirmed (Toews - and that's being charitable) ... and your speculation about rampant future "cardiac episodes" to keep folks suitably buttoned up. BTW - when did you become a cardiologist? You're the "expert" guy, no??

Hockey is a very demanding and dangerous sport, played by some of the fittest athletes in the world.

We'll know the wussification of America is complete when your ilk kills it off in the cause of "safety" ...

Comment

Working...
                                X