Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hockey East 2020-2021

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    That list makes no sense. You have both UNH and Providence as wearing masks. So then if that's the case how/why would an evil non masker like BC wear them at Providence but not UNH?
    How does my list make no sense? Look at the images below

    UNH at BC
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CH-xnjLA..._web_copy_link

    UConn at BC
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CIdcz2KA..._web_copy_link

    BC at UConn

    https://twitter.com/BC_WHockey/statu...41648846319616

    Maine at UNH
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CIrD7w0A..._web_copy_link

    PC at BC

    https://friars.com/news/2020/11/27/w...llege-3-2.aspx

    BC at PC (BC is wearing masks here)

    https://twitter.com/BC_WHockey/statu...28266311405568

    BC at UNH (BC has NO MASKS on but UNH does)

    https://twitter.com/BC_WHockey/statu...51635565662210


    I just find it weird that every school has different standards between their men and women's teams. The women tend to be wearing them. Is this a culture thing for the men? Why is that?


    Last edited by The Zlax45; 12-15-2020, 12:44 AM.
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

    Comment


    • Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
      I just find it weird that every school has different standards between their men and women's teams. The women tend to be wearing them. Is this a culture thing for the men? Why is that?
      Looks like someone is bucking for the latest USCHO "Social Justice Warrior or The Week" award ...



      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

      Comment


      • Zlax i don't know what was so hard to understand. You indicated that UNH and PC are mask wearers but that BC only wore masks at PC but not at UNH. That is my confusion. But now that I think about it, BCs first game was at UNH. So they were probably chastised and shamed into wearing them after that game. What are we doing here? You really wanna be the guy that looks thru photos of every game and keep a log of who wears masks and who doesn't?

        Comment


        • As for the difference between men and women, again, that would seem to indicate the decision is not being made by an administrator. Maybe it's up to the coach which would be dumb. Or maybe it's the players deciding. I have no clue. Hockey East doesn't appear to have a clue either. But I am not gonna consume myself with it because wearing them at all while playing hockey is absurd. If a player feels more comfortable wearing one, have at it. More power to them.

          Comment


          • Hockey East tweeted that all games now count in standings this year. Also, every team will participate in the conference tournament.
            #NewMass

            Comment


            • For your viewing pleasure:
              • Providence at Northeastern Saturday, 1 p.m.
              • Northeastern at Providence, Sunday, 3:30 p.m.
              Both games on NESN (and presumably the CBS streaming app)
              "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

              Comment


              • Originally posted by jjmc85 View Post
                Hockey East tweeted that all games now count in standings this year. Also, every team will participate in the conference tournament.
                Awesome. Back to the old "participation medals" standard, I see ...

                Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                Montreal Expos Forever ...

                Comment


                • Seems reasonable for this season to have everyone in the playoffs. With all the cancelations its hard to say if certain teams will benefit more than others.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                    For your viewing pleasure:
                    • Providence at Northeastern Saturday, 1 p.m.
                    • Northeastern at Providence, Sunday, 3:30 p.m.
                    Both games on NESN (and presumably the CBS streaming app)
                    I cannot wait to see who is wearing masks and if they wear them in both rinks!

                    Comment


                    • For the playoffs, some of these teams who haven't started yet aren't gonna make up missed games. At least I don't think they will. So we will end up with teams playing different game totals and an unbalanced schedule. So I do think having all teams in tournament makes sense this year.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        For the playoffs, some of these teams who haven't started yet aren't gonna make up missed games. At least I don't think they will. So we will end up with teams playing different game totals and an unbalanced schedule. So I do think having all teams in tournament makes sense this year.
                        And the only way to seed is point percentage.
                        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

                        Comment


                        • It will be interesting to see how they seed the teams if all the teams have played a different number of games. Perhaps by winning percentage instead of the traditional 2 points for a win, one for a tie etc.

                          Comment


                          • And if you wanna get more complicated than that, some type of weighted win % based off whatever your final SOS comes out to be but I doubt they take it that far.

                            Comment


                            • And some games are worth 2 points, while others are worth 3 points. So it will be interesting.....
                              UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

                                Awesome. Back to the old "participation medals" standard, I see ...
                                Sorry but respectfully disagree. Recognizing that this is a season like no other, I'll be thrilled and grateful to see playoffs actually happen. The number of teams, seeding, etc., is just noise at this point.
                                "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X