No announcement yet.

Colgate 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great schedule, October filled in nicely. Oct 30 football then 5:00 pm against Western Mich.
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Shabby, I am pleased with the schedule, too. I think Quinnipiac is the only opponent that made the 16-team NCAA tournament, but it’s a tough comparison due to last season’s Covid issues. Now I am looking forward to receiving info on the season ticket package. Go ‘Gate.

Comment

• Any comments on the new first years coming in? What should we be looking for? Will we be able to compete this year and have a chance of making the ECACs?

Comment

• NIL news...

https://gocolgateraiders.com/news/20...KdxkzGdszV7nIs

Comment

• I see Dana Borges has been promoted to Associate Head Hockey Coach ( I believe). Anyone know what this means big-picture-wise?
            COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldtimer View Post
              Any comments on the new first years coming in? What should we be looking for? Will we be able to compete this year and have a chance of making the ECACs?
              Probably going to be less info this year than in the past as most jr. leagues had a very shortened season. Most of our incoming forwards played 15-20 games in the BCHL. As a whole their numbers were good but not great. Our forward in the NAHL finished 3rd in scoring. NAHL competition is a bit less intense than USHL/BCHL so tough to tell how and/or if the scoring tough translates.

I do feel good about making the ECACs but we should definitely be aiming higher than that!

As for the promotion of Borges, seems to me it is an effort to steady the assistant coach ranks as there has been a ton of turnover in those ranks during the past couple of years. They are the primary recruiters as I understand it so having consistency in the position is important.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gate93 View Post

Probably going to be less info this year than in the past as most jr. leagues had a very shortened season. Most of our incoming forwards played 15-20 games in the BCHL. As a whole their numbers were good but not great. Our forward in the NAHL finished 3rd in scoring. NAHL competition is a bit less intense than USHL/BCHL so tough to tell how and/or if the scoring tough translates.

I do feel good about making the ECACs but we should definitely be aiming higher than that!

As for the promotion of Borges, seems to me it is an effort to steady the assistant coach ranks as there has been a ton of turnover in those ranks during the past couple of years. They are the primary recruiters as I understand it so having consistency in the position is important.
                All teams make the ECAC's, do you mean maybe Lake Placid ?
                It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Shabby - That was actually my point - possibly made a bit too subtly! At this point, I would put the goal at first round home-ice and a series win. Based on minimal pre-season info and the results the past few seasons, making LP would be a big win. Lower goals than I would like but the program needs to put a foundation in place and work from there. Small sample size last year but there were some good take aways.

Comment

Shabby - ......but the program needs to put a foundation in place and work from there
                    For how many years have we been saying we "need to put a foundation in place?"

Here endith the 2020-2021 hockey season! The Tampa Bay Lightning are Stanley Cup Champions (again).

COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

• I don't count last year, so three (it just seems longer). We played in back to back ECAC championship games in the 13-14 and 14-15 seasons going to the NCAAs in 13-14. We had a very good team going into 15-16 and injuries and whatever struck. It wasn't until 16-17 that the doldrums set in (and 17-18 was actually not a bad season - it just wasn't a good one).

Maybe we already know, but Colgate made it official that McAvoy and McKechney are back for a fifth year. Women's hockey and Tennis have both recently posted their incoming classes so I would expect to see the Men's hockey out soon. Will be interesting to see if there are any differences from the Heisenberg list.

Comment

I don't count last year, so three (it just seems longer). We played in back to back ECAC championship games in the 13-14 and 14-15 seasons going to the NCAAs in 13-14. We had a very good team going into 15-16 and injuries and whatever struck. It wasn't until 16-17 that the doldrums set in (and 17-18 was actually not a bad season - it just wasn't a good one).

Maybe we already know, but Colgate made it official that McAvoy and McKechney are back for a fifth year. Women's hockey and Tennis have both recently posted their incoming classes so I would expect to see the Men's hockey out soon. Will be interesting to see if there are any differences from the Heisenberg list.
                        The incoming freshmen are already listed on colgate's roster

Comment

• So I guess we can expect the class announcement very soon! Only difference I see is that Daniel Panetta is not listed on the updated roster. He didn't play the last six games for his BCHL squad but was mid pack for them scoring wise on a ppg basis.

Comment

• Collegecommitments.com had Panetta coming in last year which probably is wrong. Wonder if he was a casualty with the 2 guys coming back for their 5th year. A bunch of teams got screwed up by this and COVID transfers and RMU dropping hockey.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldtimer View Post
                              Collegecommitments.com had Panetta coming in last year which probably is wrong. Wonder if he was a casualty with the 2 guys coming back for their 5th year. A bunch of teams got screwed up by this and COVID transfers and RMU dropping hockey.
                              Could very well be. Per Heisenberg, we have 8 recruits coming in next fall against 7 graduations (including Grad students). I'd expect some changes to that as 3 of the 7 graduations are goalies and Heisenberg only has 1 new one coming in. That means a third goalie needs to be found unless one of the seniors takes a grad year. There are a couple of skaters on the Heisenberg list that are '03s so it wouldn't surprise me to see one or more of them pushed back a year, particularly in light of the minimal to non-existent 2020-21 junior season in Ontario.

Comment

• Sincerely hoping it’s in the genes...
                                https://gocolgateraiders.com/news/20...nqcP4SGGrcpdNk

Comment

Working...
                                X