No announcement yet.

Colgate 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see Mcavoy received the "coveted" 1819 award, Colgate's highest award to an athlete, and only the third hockey player ever to receive it. Is he transferring or staying another year ?
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• The 1819 award is a HUGE honor! It is not an athletic award. It is given to the outstanding member of the Senior Class. His selection speaks volumes to his intellect and character. As you mentioned, Shabby, this is the third time it has been awarded to a hockey player - out of nine times it has been awarded to an athlete. That is an impressive statistic for the program. Heartfelt congrats to Paul!

Comment

• Do we know who the other 2 hockey players who won it?

Comment

• The other two were David Thomas and Mark Anderson.

Comment

• Mike, thanks for "editing" my post, lol ! I didn't catch that it was the whole student body and not just athletes.

Comment

• Credit goes to CU13 Shabby!
              Didn’t Dave Thomas also play for Don V?
              Last edited by Magoo; 05-02-2021, 12:30 PM.

Comment

• Magoo - yes, Dave Thomas played for DV, as did Mark Anderson.

Comment

• nice addition to the incoming 2022 Class - Jake Schneider from Wayzata HS, labeled by Neutral Zone (as of mid-April) as perhaps best uncommitted forward in the state of Minnesota...

Comment

• Beat me to it Greatcoat... couple of videos available on line, quick hands and accurate hands... we have 15 commitments v 12 graduating players over the next two seasons. I find that a hopeful sign.

Comment

• https://www.wayzata.com/blog/sports-...a-boys-hockey/

Comment

• Paul McAvoy will be staying another year. Yay!

Comment

• Thanks Babs...good news !

Comment

• Kid looks outstanding, and he's smart also. Nice film Gateman !

Comment

• Every one of the seven graduating seniors was a Scholar Athlete. That is very impressive. Go 'Gate!

Comment

• Michael Citara, who de-committed from Colgate almost two years ago, will be one of Nate Leaman's top two or three recruits joining the Friars this fall...

Comment

Working...
                                X