No announcement yet.

Colgate 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shabby, today’s news is that standout Cornell goalie Matthew Galajda is a transfer to the Fighting Irish of Notre Dame. That is a huge pick-up for them (and good news for the other teams in the ECAC, including ‘Gate).

Comment

• I wonder why he transferred ?
      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Galadja is a senior this year. I don't know whether the Ivys are participating in the 5th year or not but even if they were, it wouldn't surprise me if most players prefer moving on after their four years on any given campus.

Comment

• Great fun seeing Jared Cockrell play well and contribute mightily in SCSU's win tonight in the Frozen Four semi putting them to the finals.

Comment

• I agree, Oldtimer. Fun game to watch. Great to see Jared play an important role in the victory! Go SCSU and 'Gate!

Comment

• This was written by a moron but it contains some very interesting quotes from coaches about the need for programs being committed to winning. I'm not sure Colgate is at that level.
              https://www.ctinsider.com/sports/nhr...n-16096058.php

Comment

• Joe would love to read it but a New Haven Register add pops up and prevents me from doing so.

Comment

• I wish I was technically smart enough to get you around it. Anyway it's a fairly long article with quotes from Carvel, Cavanagh (UConn) and Pecknold about the commitment you need to compete at the top level in college hockey not only today but going forward. The quote below from Pecknold kind of sums it up. I just think if nothing changes with the program we can guess which category Colgate will fall into.

“There are haves and have-nots in college hockey,” Pecknold said. “I think the gap is going to be even bigger. There’s a lot more talent jumping. Some of the big schools, the blue-bloods, they’re literally recruiting off other teams’ rosters.

“The message is you better treat your kids well. You better make sure you have food after practice for them. Sneakers, hats, T-shirts up to the allowable limits. The kids know. They have buddies at other schools. We’re fortunate at Quinnipiac, we’re all-in, but if you’re not all-in, you are in trouble.”

Comment

• Now I really want to read it. Thanks Joe !

Comment

• Trevor Cosgrove lands at Northern Michigan...wish him lots of success AND a chance to have a winning season during his college career...

Comment

• I realized this several years ago, but it is worth mentioning today...in moving from Starr Rink to our new home at the Class of 65 Arena we changed our game opening festivities...NO MORE CANADIAN NATIONAL ANTHEM...perhaps this is one of the reasons our home record since 2016-17 is awful...I feel obliged to communicate this omission to the SPC and perhaps our new AD...I'm expecting immediate dividends...Happy Earth Day...

Comment

• BTW Nick Austin has transferred to UMass-Lowell, another winning program...once again, I wish the young man all the best as he seeks HIS first winning college hockey season...if healthy his shot on the PP should be a plus for the River Hawks...

Comment

• Happy for both Nick and Trevor! I miss the Canadian National Anthem in Riggs rink. I was told that the players did not care/want it played because it took too much time. Not sure how accurate that is. I was always very proud that Colgate played both anthems before a game.

Comment

• Originally posted by CU13 View Post
                              I was always very proud that Colgate played both anthems before a game.
                              RPI still plays both anthems before games. Like many schools, they now have players from Europe on the team. They do not play those anthems, but display those national flags alongside the American and Canadian flags above the ice.

Comment

• There was a time when RPI, on Senior Night, would play the home country anthem of any senior player from Europe, in addition to O Canada and The Star-Spangled Banner.

The tradition was abandoned about the time a Slovak player graduated and nobody could find the music for the national anthem of Slovakia.

Comment

Working...
                                X