• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oops
    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Marmot View Post
      Unless we somehow miraculously achieve a winning record this year, we would at season’s end have exactly three winning seasons IN THE LAST FIFTEEN YEARS.

How is that remotely acceptable? Our program is utterly pathetic, and nothing is going to change as it’s currently structured.
      This is nothing new. It is selfish for this sub-par coach to stay, thinking the tide will change. And it is sad that people continue to support him and his losing performance. Our tournament and postseason “success” is abysmal. Believe our last ECAC Title was 1990, meaning Vaughan has NONE.

We can’t even score in a shootout.

C O L G A T E
      2023 ECAC CHAMPION
      1990 NCAA FINALS
      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
      ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
      ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

• Carter Gylander in goal for Colgate, while Ethan Haider does the same for Clarkson.

Clarkson 12, Colgate 10, SOG after one.
        Colgate 0, Clarkson 0, score after one.

Pretty even game, with both goalies playing well. Two penalties apiece.

48 seconds into the second and 'Gate gets a shortie!! Third of the season. Colton Young to Josh McKechney.

Finally... a Colgate PPG... by Nick Austin.

Anthony Romano with a PPG for Clarkson.

Alex Young takes a five-minute penalty which will extend well into the third period.

Clarkson 26, Colgate 22, SOG after two.
        Colgate 2, Clarkson 1, score after two.

Clarkson ties it on a PPG by McCarthy.

Anthony Romano with an even-strength goal for Clarkson.

Clarkson 39, Colgate 26, final SOG.
        Clarkson 3, Colgate 2, final score.
        Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 02-26-2021, 06:28 PM.

Comment

• enough with the referees going to "video review" every time they get a chance...too many goals are reviewed, too many penalty calls somehow become 5-minute majors...the point of review is to assist the refs, not become the refs...frankly, it's lazy...and BTW are we playing women's or men's hockey?

Comment

• another loss for a losing program...in essence we're on a 15-year losing streak (three winning seasons)...and this year will end like virtually all of the others...no goal scoring, no penalty kill, a generally pathetic PP and a record that ranges between a success rate of 35 to 50 per cent...extremely disappointing and, frankly, pathetically sad...I ask myself why is this program and those who "manage it" granted such license to continue to lose year after year? I wonder if Coach Davis (basketball) and Coach Murphy (lacrosse) feel short-changed? The jury is still out on Murphy's successor, but Coach Langel has done a great job in his position...suggestion to our President, our AD, whatever...find a Coach Langel for MIH and do it NOW...

Comment

• Zoned out for 10 days...who can blame me? Glad to hear from Marmot...I admit I'm an idiot because I continue to write a check to our illustrious Silver Puck Council year in and year out...I eagerly look forward to receiving a robosigned thank you note from Jerry Quill that was comprised c. 15 years ago...nothing like an "up close and personal" approach to encouraging loyal followers to support our hockey program...to be honest, the program stinks from the head down...it is simply not acceptable, especially when (as Marmot accurately states) we've had THREE winning seasons in fifteen (after this year)...I understand we all live in "bizzaro land" (I'm 70 and getting additional doses of cynicism every week), but you might think SOME form of professionalism might exist in an area that our own university has designated as an "emphasis sport"...

Comment

• A two goal lead that evaporates and we lose in the waning minutes at home. All you can do is laugh at Vaughan and the circus of a program he is parading through the cellar of the ECAC on an annual basis, which does nothing to promote Colgate on a national scale. Hats off to recruits who can see past Vaughan's smoke and mirrors and choose to graduate from one of the best schools in the nation, win or lose.
                C O L G A T E
                2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                1990 NCAA FINALS

Comment

• touche TchrBill...our players are quality kids and represent our school well...they compete hard; the effort is always there...we need an infusion of new blood, new energy at the top of the program, the entire program...NOW

Comment

• Why can't we win when we're playing on home ice?

Comment

• Good teams do win at home.
                      Better teams win on the road.
                      The best win both.
                      Colgate is none of those.
                      I remember for a time when we hadn't beaten a ranked team in YEARS. At least we've accomplished...something.
                      C O L G A T E
                      2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                      1990 NCAA FINALS

Comment

• March 18th...the only game that truly matters for Colgate this season! Anything else is just icing on the cake.
                        Never forget the Cinderella finish to this abysmal season!
                        https://gocolgateraiders.com/sports/...hedule/2010-11
                        C O L G A T E
                        2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                        1990 NCAA FINALS

Comment

• Carter Gylander in goal for Colgate, while Ethan Haider does the same for Clarkson.

Nick Campoli's Clarkson scored first.
                          Josh McKechney answered for Colgate.
                          Nick Campoli takes a 5-minute major for hitting from behind.

Colgate 1, Clarkson, 1, score after one.
                          Lots of wasted opportunities, so far.

Josh Dunne scores a PPG for Clarkson.

Clarkson 2, Colgate 1, score after two.

Evan Tschumi ties it up for 'Gate.
                          Anthony Callin scores for Clarkson midway through the third period.

Clarkson 3, Colgate 2, final score.
                          Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 02-28-2021, 05:12 PM.

Comment

• Anyone having trouble with ESPN+? I get a message that they "Can't play this video at the moment. Please try again later." Yeah....thanks a bunch.

Comment

• A microcosm of an persistent and enduring reality...PP non-existent (over the last three years our PP% is slightly over 11 per cent; for perspective a ONE YEAR 11% number would be in the bottom 5% of all DI teams)...2 goals/game...right where we've been for 5 years (not ONE YEAR, but FIVE)...I don't question on ice coaching normally; I know what I don't know, BUT why is Ross Mitton not getting more ice time?...we have one player (no personal criticism, just a fact) who skates on one of the top lines who has ZERO league points in 16 games...thank God I have started a nice cabernet this evening...

Comment

• ColSkate65... I had same problem when I tried bringing it up on my flatscreen, so I watched it on my laptop (which worked). My friend Clarkson Doug in Ogdensburg had the same problem on his iPad until he re-booted it (which worked). At times it seems like Black Magic.
                                GreenCoat... save some Cabernet for next weekend with Colgate at Quinnipiac twice. I have the feeling you are going to need a bottle (or two) then.

Comment

Working...
                                X