No announcement yet.

Colgate 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colgate is 2-0-2, in last four games officially, have given up three goals total in last three, and six goals in last four. Shutout and tied nationally ranked Clarkson, and tied #10 Q-Pac. They are playing decent hockey ! Is the glass half full or half empty ?

How can you make valid judgements when you only play three teams, I've been quiet here for that reason, and the circumstances.
    Last edited by sshablak; 02-13-2021, 08:04 AM.
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Good question Shabby...overall I thought we played well...Q-Pac is good, faster than Clarkson and perhaps more skilled...one issue that I've seen (since we're 1-3 in shootouts) is that our guys never go to the backhand during these efforts and I'm sure all teams look for opponent tendencies here...much better penalty kill recently, especially last night...

Comment

• Carter Gylander in goal for Colgate today.
        Keith Petruzzelli in the net for Quinnipiac.

9:50 of the first period, Ty Smilanic scores for Quinnipiac.
        11:32 of the first, Zach Metsa scores a 5-on-3 PPG for Quinnipiac.
        18:10 of the first, Christophe Fillion scores for Quinnipiac.

Quinnipiac 17, Colgate 6, SOG after one.
        Quinnipiac 3, Colgate 0, score after one.

Ironically, for as many times as we've had 'too many men on the ice,' they haven't been all that effective.

2:57 of the second period, Jayden Lee scores a PPG for Quinnipiac.
        17:16 of the second, Ethan Leyh scores for Quinnipiac.

Quinnipiac 23, Colgate 18, SOG after two.
        Quinnipiac 5, Colgate 0, score after two.

Andrew Farrier starts the third period for Colgate, replacing Carter Gylander.

0:47 of the third period, Desi Burgart scores for Quinnipiac.
        3:46 of the third, Zach Metsa scores a PPG for Quinnipiac.
        3:58 of the third, Joey Cipollone scores for Quinnipiac.

Yaniv Perets now in goal for Quinnipiac, replacing Keith Petruzzelli.

7:59 of the third, T.J. Friedmann scores a PPG for Quinnipiac.

Quinnipiac 36, Colgate 25, final SOG.
        Quinnipiac 9, Colgate 0, final score.
        Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 02-13-2021, 05:27 PM.

Comment

• We should've used our time out VERY early in this game since, apparently, we decided not to show up at 4PM...awful, simply awful...BTW, the refereeing stinks, although frankly it probably won't matter much..in addition to the overall "bent" of the officials, the 5-minute call on Colton Young was a joke...

Comment

• Good Lord !
            It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Must have been tired after our long bus ride. Oh, wait...
              To answer your earlier (rhetorical) question, the glass is half nothing. It's a Dixie cup with a hole in the bottom.
              Outscored 17-2 in 4 games with 3 shutouts by Qpac. Really looking forward to Mar. 5/6...
              After more than 2 decades and 100 career victories, Vaughan will most certainly turn the season around next weekend.
              1-6-4 at home...hope the players are having fun though
              C O L G A T E
              2023 ECAC CHAMPION
              1990 NCAA FINALS
              https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
              ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
              ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

• TchrBill congrats...can't beat some of your apt observations...and to think I actually used to go up to Q-Pac to watch us play the Bobcats...to repeat: my alma mater has a rather simple choice...do we want to continue with a program that wins - virtually year-after-year - 35 to 50 per cent of its contests OR actually try something different? Even if you discount some of tonight's embarrassment Q-Pac and Colgate have very different expectations for their respective programs...Pecknold may not be Mr. Warm and Fuzzy but he is a very successful coach who runs a program that fully intends to compete for a national championship every season. And his support from the administration has been pretty solid over the years. Colgate has no such aspirations; apparently a .500 season is considered a success. WHY? Apart from the inconvenient stream of losing seasons we simply are not competitive night-in and night-out with the Cornells, the Q-Pacs of the ECAC...and the program is content to continue with the same individuals running the program (note to our President and Athletic Director). We built a state of the art facility and were naive enough to believe that this alone would produce better results. We are long overdue for a difficult but necessary change in MIH...what in the hell are we waiting for?

Comment

• Anybody...please feel free to chime in...I made the mistake of being sober tonight and, as we all know, tonight WAS sobering...FYI PP now below 10 per cent and PK gave up 4 goals...love the play Q-Pac plays; they score 4 goals, they want 5; they score 5, they want 6...BTW we're lucky to score 9 goals in 5 games...

Comment

• This afternoon was a great example of how times have changed. In the past if hoops & hockey were playing at the same time no question I'm watching the hockey game. Today, it was 3-0 Qpac when I checked in during hoops halftime & 8-0 when hoops was over. Over to the golf...

Comment

• I totally whiffed on this game. Too much shoveling here. WTH happened? Yikes, that's a TD + a FG....or a TD + PAT + Safety. Was that the worst loss in Raiders' hockey history? Anyone know? One would hope a week off might reset this program.
                      COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

• Ahhhhh, Green Coat.

I feel like this is the point in every season when I point out our futility over the past decade plus. Here it is in black and white:

Unless we somehow miraculously achieve a winning record this year, we would at season’s end have exactly three winning seasons IN THE LAST FIFTEEN YEARS.

How is that remotely acceptable? Our program is utterly pathetic, and nothing is going to change as it’s currently structured.

Comment

• On a better note, Bobby McMann was tearing up the ECHL, averaging more than a point a game and has been called up to the Toronto Marlies. He is currently quarantining before he can suit up.

Comment

• Just a mid-week reminder...

Clarkson at Colgate this Friday at 5 p.m. on ESPN+ (with the coach’s Chalk Talk at 4:10 p.m. for those that have that opportunity), and

Colgate at Clarkson this Sunday at 4 p.m. on ESPN+.

Comment

• Gov. Cuomo has lifted restrictions on fans atteding games, i.e. the NBA, + movie theaters, weddings, etc. The limit is 10% now, I believe. Wondering if this means we can go to '65 Arena for some future 'Gate games? Not that there are so many left on the schedule....and given the last 9-0 beatdown perhaps not too many fans would choose to show up?
                              COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

• Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                                Gov. Cuomo has lifted restrictions on fans atteding games, i.e. the NBA, + movie theaters, weddings, etc. The limit is 10% now, I believe. Wondering if this means we can go to '65 Arena for some future 'Gate games? Not that there are so many left on the schedule....and given the last 9-0 beatdown perhaps not too many fans would choose to show up?
                                The new directive from Cuomo allows for 10% capacity for venues with 10,000 seats or more.
                                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Working...
                                X