No announcement yet.

Colgate 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

overtime (i mean shootout). I generally am all up on the new rules but this shoot out thing took me by surprise. what is the point system for the league this year...thank you

Comment

In league play, Regulation Wins (RW) are 3 points, 3x3 Overtime/Shootout Wins (OW) are 2 points, and 3x3 Overtime/Shootout Losses (OL) are 1 point.

Comment

Nice to get two points when objectively we probably deserved zero...sloppy all around, with trouble again in getting the puck out of our defensive zone and bad passing all around...Farrier was very solid...we do miss Watson-Braun and Austin, but frosh defensemen, although somewhat mistake prone, look like talented adds...this is a good freshman class and they will get better and better...PP still very messy...the Young Line is fast and skilled but needs support from other forwards...just keep getting better even (like tonight) there are bumps in the road...

Comment

We now play SLU six out of the next eight games ! Q-Pac the other two, very strange this year.
          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

What is even stranger, to me, is that we don’t even know to what this is all going to lead. ECAC tourney on one weekend in an on-campus environment? A smoke-filled room to determine the x number of NCAA tourney bids? Then what? An NCAA tournament pod (a la Omaha)?

Comment

If NCAA basketball's March Madness can have all their teams play in a bubble (Indianapolis) why can't college hockey? Just got to find an arena far away from a big city, and that has other regulation rinks nearby.
              COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Playing a surprising SLU team at five today. They beat and tied Q-Pac last weekend. Although the tie was won by Q-Pac in OT. Goes down as a tie I guess.
                It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                  Playing a surprising SLU team at five today. They beat and tied Q-Pac last weekend. Although the tie was won by Q-Pac in OT. Goes down as a tie I guess.
                  Q'Pac won in a shootout, not the OT that's why the game is a tie.
                  Mr. Hoot Owl says, "Scary isn't it ?!? You never know!!!"

Comment

Andrew Farrier again in goal for Colgate today.
                    Emil Zetterquist in goal for Saint Lawrence.

Vachon in the box when SLU scored a PP goal.

Colgate 7, Saint Lawrence 6, SOG after one.
                    Saint Lawrence 1, Colgate 0, score after one.
                    Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 01-07-2021, 04:35 PM.

Comment

ESPN+ let me down again. Video terrible....constant buffering. Plus I've waited over 30 minutes for the second period to begin...ad after ad after ad! It's 1-0 SLU but I quit...can't take it anymore.
                      COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Saint Lawrence likely leading SOG, after two.
                        Saint Lawrence 2, Colgate 0, score after two.

Totally uninspired play by both teams, but primarily Colgate. We are reverting back to the way we were two years ago... no offense and no defense, except what our goalie can provide.

Comment

Game over ... 2-1 SLU.
                          I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Colgate 26, Saint Lawrence 22, final SOG.
                            Saint Lawrence 2, Colgate 1, final score.

Colgate didn’t deserve to win today and they didn’t. Plain and simple.

Comment

well I guess we're reverting to form, a form that is all too familiar to those of us who have suffered for too long. I guess we should at least say "thank you" to those who have really worked to make this season possible...no question...but here we go again...stupid penalties, pathetic PP, no puck pressure (are we the only team in the league that continues to employ a 1-2-2?), inconsistent (at best) passing...many of us thought that with the completion of the new rink there would be a change in the program's competitiveness...I don't think we envisioned that this change would be a further downward drift...we are long, long overdue for a change in MIH...Brett Riley is gone...My God, look at the job he's done in putting a competitive LIU team on the ice...did we make any effort to entice him to stay? Decisions like this are hard, very hard and may appear to be unfair to some, but JC at some point...

Comment

Glad the guys get to play.
                                But the season is done.
                                Yet another sub-par, albeit quirky year, to be sure.
                                By all means, let's continue to sing the praises of 1,000 games coached for DV and no ECAC tournament titles.
                                Glad for the Class of '65 Arena, though
                                https://www.uscho.com/stats/coach/mid,16/don-vaughan/
                                C O L G A T E
                                2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                                1990 NCAA FINALS
                                https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                                ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                                ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X