Colgate 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colgate 2020-21

We open today in a shortened season like no other we have ever seen. Raiders expected middle of the pack once again. Looks to be a better than average group of recruits highlighted by NHL six foot five goalie Carter Gylander (Detroit) and Alex Young (Calgary) brother of Colton Young GP 53, 36 goals and 46 assists 82 pts Canmore AJHL. Tough home opener today at four (ESPN+) against #8 Clarkson.
    Last edited by sshablak; 11-22-2020, 08:50 AM.
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Thx for the new thread Shabby. Look forward to watching today's game (if I can get it). There is no way of knowing how this team will come out of the Gate with such an unusual season ahead. Practices are the key. Hopefully the pandemic will prove to be a lucky charm for the Maroon.
    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Clarkson 16, Colgate 6, SOG after one.
      Colgate 0, Clarkson 0, score after one.
      Andrew Farrier in goal for Colgate.
      Kris Oldham (ex-UNO) in goal for Clarkson.
      Two penalties against Colgate.
      John McGraw back calling the action.

Clarkson 21, Colgate 13, SOG after two.
      Clarkson 2, Colgate 0, score after two.
      Carter Gylander replaced Andrew Farrier midway through game (which was after the first goal).

Clarkson 25, Colgate 24, final SOG.
      Clarkson 2, Colgate 1, final score.
      Alex Young goal for Colgate.
      One penalty against Clarkson.
      Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 11-22-2020, 05:31 PM.

Comment

I only saw the last thirty minutes of the game, it was 2-0 Clarkson. If Clarkson is the number eight team in the country, from what I saw, this Raider team is much improved.

Comment

Glad to see Alex get get first Colgate goal in his first game with the Raiders. Something good for the future. Once again trouble getting the game, finally gave up when ESPN+ couldn't come through for me. I pay my money, but get zilch. Grrrrr....

Comment

ColSkate65... we are going to have a lot of down time on here until the next game, so let’s figure out your problem (even though I am not high-tech).
            How far into an ESPN+ game do you get?
            On what kind of device are you using?

I have internet only (no cable TV).
            I have a smartphone, a laptop and a brand-new flat-screen. And a brand-néw Linksys router for my Wi-Fi.
            Yesterday, I tried just using my flat-screen. I got into Google, then ESPN, then filled out my email and password. But then it basically said you have a monthly ESPN+ account, but we want you to buy the annual account. I couldn’t figure out how to get past that screen (as I don’t want an annual account).
            So, I tried my laptop. Same thing.
            So, I tried my smartphone. Signed into ESPN+ easily, chose ice hockey then Clarkson at Colgate and Voila!!
            Went back to my laptop and Voila!!
            Went back to my flat-screen and same screen (wanting me to buy annual subscription).
            So, I watched Colgate game on laptop (kept it on smartphone, too, but muted there).
            And I watched Lake Super State game on FloHockey on flat-screen (muted).

Comment

Thanks IBT, but you're talking to a guy who is computer illiterate. My basic problem is that I'm dependent on a satellite for my internet and I have Hughes.net as my ISP (live in the boonies). Everything is very s-l-o-w. It was probably my fault not to sign up well in advance of the game, as I know it took a long time last season to get anywhere. I got the screen you did, with the choice of a year's membership or a monthly fee. I opted for the monthly, gave my credit card info, etc. but never got connected to the game. Just a "yellow wheel" spinning forever, indicating something was downloading. I eventually got the Clarkson and 'Gate logos on the screen but, again, nothing more. I seemed to go backwards and around in circles.

I will be in touch with ESPN+ if there is another problem down the line. I will certainly try to connect up well in advance of the next game. Thanks for your concern. (That's a lot of computer equipment you have, IBT :-)

Comment

Everyone please have a safe and wonderful Turkey Day !

Comment

Colgate women ranked #9 will faceoff against Clarkson #5 four times between Nov 28 and Dec 5, two home and two away. All games on ESPN+, I think this is great.

Comment

Women are for real, beat Clarkson 3-1 and almost a shutout but Clarkson scored with two minutes left.

Comment

Looked great today, 2nd period was dominant. Freshman goalie has been outstanding so far!

Comment

Congrats to Brett Riely who won his and LIU's first ever D1 game beating Holy Cross.

Comment

The women's game against Clarkson was phenomenal! I love the energy of this team. In my opinion, they dominated play throughout the game. Our goalie was fantastic. I love how they get to the puck quickly and on and off the ice quickly. Go 'gate!! And congrats to Brett on his/LIU's first win!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CU13 View Post
                            The women's game against Clarkson was phenomenal! I love the energy of this team. In my opinion, they dominated play throughout the game. Our goalie was fantastic. I love how they get to the puck quickly and on and off the ice quickly. Go 'gate!! And congrats to Brett on his/LIU's first win!!!
                            Can already see some good old hatred developing. Any time you play the same team 4 times in a week, a healthy dislike will grow.

Comment

Women now ranked #5 nationally, play Clarkson home today at 5, ESPN+.

Comment

Working...
                              X