No announcement yet.

Colgate 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just checking to see if there is still a Colgate men’s ice hockey thread on here. I guess there is one, though it appears wrapped in cobwebs on my phone.

Comment

• Sorry, I look here most days for banter but as you said, there isn't any. I am wondering if we will be able to see live hockey this year.
      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• With as cautious as they were last season, I am having my doubts, too. It’s mid-August and I have yet to see anything regarding season ticket renewal.

Comment

• Shabs, ran into Harry today while out walking the dogs. He's feeling much better, which is great.

Not much hockey discussion at 7 Oaks over the summer, cancellation of the Slater golf fundraiser probably had a lot to do with that. I have heard the situation with fans in the stands is fluid, no hard decisions yet... certainly hope they let us go to the outdoor football games in the fall.

Comment

• I would be EXTREMELY disappointed if there's no fans for football. We're so close (26 days). This is the longest I've gone without seeing a game in over 65 years !

Comment

• Shabby, no fans for football may be a true act of humanitarianism this year...who was the mensa candidate who scheduled BC sometime in 2021? Re: MIH, the more things change the more they stay the same...apparently we'll have the same leadership for another two years, or so I've been told...our incoming class is mediocre (not terrible, but probably below last year's kids), although McKechney and McAvoy are returning (Austin to UMass-Lowell and Cosgrove to No. Mich. are elsewhere)...perhaps we can reach .500 this season, especially with eight ECAC teams not participating in MIH last year. Frankly, unless the goaltending improves - and it was subpar over the last one-third of '20-'21 - we simply don't have enough scoring talent to compete with the elite teams. Q-Pac (as usual) and Harvard (who recouped many of their highly-rated commits) will be good. And I wouldn't be surprised to see Dartmouth - Reid Cashman as their new coach - move up over time. BTW, the belief that the construction of our new, state-of-the-art facility would have a positive impact on recruiting has essentially been proven wrong. In addition, I still believe that the program operates on only 17 full athletic scholarships, not the maximum of 18. Football has entered complacency; MIH has already embraced it...I hope I am dead wrong...we all bleed maroon (although apparently our new "branding" effort has changed our defining color as well)...

Comment

• Vaughan for another 2 years? We should stay away until 2023. Good luck getting to .500, which is Colgate’s new gold standard. This sub-par program barely has a heartbeat, let alone a fan base. Definitely doesn’t have a winning coach.
                C O L G A T E
                2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                1990 NCAA FINALS
                https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

• Bill, those youtube clips are great !

Comment

• Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
                    With as cautious as they were last season, I am having my doubts, too. It’s mid-August and I have yet to see anything regarding season ticket renewal.
                    I was just about to inquiry with Gate faithful on this. RPI has announced that they will not be processing season ticket orders and at least for the near term, no fans in the building. (of course they announced this AFTER the golf outing fundraiser and after mailing out the season ticket applications....par for the course in Troy. )
                    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Gate83, Harry can't catch a break. Last Sunday after his walk his hip replacement wore out. He's having surgury today for a new one !

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                        Gate83, Harry can't catch a break. Last Sunday after his walk his hip replacement wore out. He's having surgury today for a new one !
                        Well that sucks. I will reach out...

Meanwhile, looks like we will be able to go to games this year. Link up on the website, the $ quote from the AD is:

"Just this past week, we began to welcome fans back to our athletic venues to cheer on women's soccer and volleyball to victories. It was incredible to cheer alongside others - vaccinated, safely masked indoors, and physically distanced both indoors and out - but together nonetheless. I hope you will find your way to as many Colgate Athletics events as you can - whether home or away, and make your presence and your pride known through your loud, positive encouragement while donning your maroon and white!"

https://gocolgateraiders.com/news/20...athletics.aspx

Comment

• CHN shows us having an exhibition game Sept 25 against Simon Fraser in Alaska.

Comment

• Shabby - isn't Simon Fraser playing Alaska?

Comment

• I looked before booking my flight to Fairbanks and it is Simon Fraser at University of Alaska Fairbanks. For the record, though, you can fly Syracuse-Fairbanks round trip for under $450, which is crazy low.

Comment

• I just looked again, go to CHN, then Colgate homepage, to the right it says under "Next Game" vs Simon Fraser Sept 25 in Fairbanks @ 7:07. All I know is what's there. Iowa just blew $450 if there's no game.
                                Last edited by sshablak; 09-03-2021, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X