2019-20 NMU Hockey Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 NMU Hockey Season

I welcome the outside input as it adds to the thread but I don't like the insults.... Attacking me for using capital letters, punctuation, posting Mining Journal articles, etc, etc, etc and you wonder why I get mad????

Comment

DR. D I like your posts, links and any information you put out there. Thanks

Comment

Thanks - I'm glad somebody appreciates the thread....

Comment

Originally posted by DonorRoomDrinker View Post
          I started this thread to provide NMU Hockey fans with up to date info, articles, stats, facts, interviews, etc, etc, etc so they can stay informed on the team and the program.... I didn't start it to be insulted.... If you don't like what I post then go start your own thread as this one is about NMU Hockey and not personal vendettas....
          I live 11 hours away from Marquette, and this thread is the best connection I have back to Northern and the team I love, the Wildcat Hockey team. My first date with my wife of 30 years was to a Wildcat Hockey game, and I was a season ticket holder back in those days when I lived in Marquette before I graduated.
          I appreciate the articles from DRD, and I like his name, as I drank many a beer in the old Donor Room back in the Lakeview Arena days. By they way, last time I was there, a beer cost a buck.
          Not sure why we have such discord going on, but perhaps it could be mainly due to all our disappointment over the poor showing toward the later part of the season. Obviously, there is likely more to the story, of which does not need to be dredged up, but if we are going to be mean to people, be mean to Tech fans. Let's keep them out of the Berry using unsavory methods, because an angry tech fan makes two Cat fans happy. Their anger could spread happiness all through Marquette and to Cat fans everywhere.
          Come on Tech fans, get on here and show us how smart you guys are and how our diplomas come off toilet paper rolls. BTW, those toilet paper diplomas are a pretty hot commodity these days, with the coronavirus and all.
          “They are a **** site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they will be there in the morning.”
          – Lewis B. Chesty Puller
          when a journalist asked him about being surrounded by 22. enemy divisions

Comment

Devildog - Thanks for the kind words as I've been under attack on here for trying to keep NMU Hockey fans informed.... I too spent a lot of time in the Donor Room at Lakeview during the old NMU Hockey days under Rick Comley thus my moniker for this thread.... I'm going to date myself here but I've been following NMU Hockey since 1980 by going to all the home games, listening to radio broadcasts of all the away games (Joe Blake, Tom Mogush, Mark Evans, Dave Danis, etc) reading the Mining Journal & Northwind Hockey articles, following NMU on the internet when it came to be, going to the Blue Line Luncheons at the UC Center, going to all the 4th Period receptions around Marquette after the home games, drinking beer with the players at Vangos after the games, etc, etc, etc, so I get a little bent out of shape when people come on here and hammer me over trivial garbage when in fact they don't know their *** from a hole in the ground about the program.... It's a breath of fresh air to see somebody come on here and say positive things about the thread instead of people always being in attack mode....
            Last edited by DonorRoomDrinker; 03-12-2020, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Who gives a **** who started the thread? Its a generic NMU season discussion. @DonorRoomDrinker doesn't "own" or get to dictate the direction of discussion. It's a public forum for Christ's sake
              Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
              B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
              CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
              ECAC:
              HEA: UMass
              NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
              Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Moose97 - Since when is being in attack mode a good thing???? Time for some anger management sessions???? You're still spewing venom!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DonorRoomDrinker View Post
                  Devildog - Thanks for the kind words as I've been under attack on here for trying to keep NMU Hockey fans informed.... I too spent a lot of time in the Donor Room at Lakeview during the old NMU Hockey days under Rick Comley thus my moniker for this thread.... I'm going to date myself here but I've been following NMU Hockey since 1980 by going to all the home games, listening to radio broadcasts of all the away games (Joe Blake, Tom Mogush, Mark Evans, Dave Danis, etc) reading the Mining Journal & Northwind Hockey articles, following NMU on the internet when it came to be, going to the Blue Line Luncheons at the UC Center, going to all the 4th Period receptions around Marquette after the home games, drinking beer with the players at Vangos after the games, etc, etc, etc, so I get a little bent out of shape when people come on here and hammer me over trivial garbage when in fact they don't know their *** from a hole in the ground about the program.... It's a breath of fresh air to see somebody come on here and say positive things about the thread instead of people always being in attack mode....
                  I got out of the Marine Corps in 84, started at Northern that fall. I always had a blast going to games back in the old WCHA years. We always went to the Pub after games, and I remember drinking some beers with some of the players there too. Just as I was getting ready to graduate in 88, the team was on the rise, and my first year in Indiana, we won the National Championship. We were so broke that year, I had to get a co-worker to let me come over his house to watch the game, as I couldn't afford cable. He didn't care less about the game, and I remember how happy he was when the Cats scored in triple overtime so he could get us out of the house. Man, I was so excited, and it really sucked being down here then because the only thing that matters around here is roundball.
                  I hate seeing what they are doing to college hockey now, big schools pushing the small schools out. I get how the Alaska schools are ****ed, and I really hope we keep Huntsville; that drive is not too bad for me, and it really is a fun trip. Daughter is getting ready to graduate from high school and head to college next year, so we are planning a trip to see a game at the Berry, my first.
                  If it works out, and you are at the game, love to buy you a beer.
                  “They are a **** site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they will be there in the morning.”
                  – Lewis B. Chesty Puller
                  when a journalist asked him about being surrounded by 22. enemy divisions

Comment

Former NMU player Jarrett Lee committed to Minnesota Duluth today. He had a big season for the Green Bay Gamblers of the USHL.

Comment

Per Twitter, Rylan Van Unen committed to Northern yesterday. Played for the Merritt Centennials.

Comment

Per Twitter, Brett Willits of the Chilliwack Chiefs has announced his commitment to Northern.

Comment

Four NMU Players Named To All-WCHA Teams

March 16th, 2020

http://www.nmuwildcats.com/sports/mi...20200312gb1zwi

Comment

2019-20 NMU Hockey Season In Review

March 27th, 2020

http://www.nmuwildcats.com/sports/mi...20200325ezwopu

Comment

Working...
                            X