Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 NMU Hockey Season

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
    There's way more **** going on in Marquette. Just because none of it interests you is irrelevant. I figured being the Technological school I wouldn't have to explain such basic stuff to you, but guess I was wrong.
    It is basic and I have lived in both... Last I checked both have performing arts centers, both have movie theaters, both have hiking - biking - sledding - skiing- hunting- fishing- or any other outdoorsy thing you want, both have Schools of dance w/ performances, both have comedy club nights, both have bars and dining with all their own events going on- live music etc., both have shopping (although I will concede that marquette has vastly better options), both have all the local sports you want at varying levels, both have libraries with their own special events that go on, both have museums (although it would be nice if Houghton had a children's museum, but we have museums that marquette does not) and on and on...

now what special stuff does marquette have that Houghton doesn't??? nothing... besides the elitist attitude.

Comment

Quick question - which of the two schools had more than 1000 under capacity for a rivalry game this year? And which had multiple games over capacity?

Michigan Tech @ Northern Michigan 03/06 - 3209 (Official capacity 3802)

Northern Michigan @ Michigan Tech 02/29 - 4053 (Official capacity 4466)

Michigan Tech @ Northern Michigan 02/28 - 4030 (Official capacity 3802)

Michigan Tech @ Northern Michigan 11/23 - 3945 (Official capacity 3802)

Northern Michigan @ Michigan Tech 11/22 - 3337 (Official capacity 4466)
      Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
      B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
      CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
      ECAC:
      HEA: UMass
      NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
      Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

I also love how NMU is getting slammed for being such a ****ty fan base, while the two "State of Hockey" schools, which knew they were hosting first round series for weeks, each drew between 900-1400 fewer (MSU averages 4476 & had 3090 last night and BSU averages 2947 & had 2042) fans than usual.

AHA:
        ECAC:

Comment

Quick question - which of the two schools had more than 1000 under capacity for a rivalry game this year? And which had multiple games over capacity?

Michigan Tech @ Northern Michigan 03/06 - 3209 (Official capacity 3802)

Northern Michigan @ Michigan Tech 02/29 - 4053 (Official capacity 4466)

Michigan Tech @ Northern Michigan 02/28 - 4030 (Official capacity 3802)

Michigan Tech @ Northern Michigan 11/23 - 3945 (Official capacity 3802)

Northern Michigan @ Michigan Tech 11/22 - 3337 (Official capacity 4466)
          Thank you for proving my point that Tech has a better fan base and travels much better than Northern fans.

Overall Attendance-Home Games-Overall Average:
          MTU: 55,033-16-3127
          NMU: 58,653-19-3087
          (MTU averaged 40 more)

Attendance vs. Each Other-Games-Average vs. Each Other-Average increase:
          MTU: 7390-2-3695-292
          NMU: 11,184-3-3728-761
          (NMU averaged 469 more)

Attendance vs Other Teams-Games-Average vs. Other Teams:
          MTU: 47,643-14-3403
          NMU: 47,469-16-2967
          (MTU averaged 436 more)

By looking into total attendance statistics, rather than just the rivalry games, you can see Tech gets more fans and Norhern sees a bigger increase over their average for rivalry games.

Now we have numbers to back up the common belief that the Litter Box only fills up when Tech is in town.

Enjoy watching the Wildcats tonight. You won't get another chance until October. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I also love how NMU is getting slammed for being such a ****ty fan base, while the two "State of Hockey" schools, which knew they were hosting first round series for weeks, each drew between 900-1400 fewer (MSU averages 4476 & had 3090 last night and BSU averages 2947 & had 2042) fans than usual.
            Good question, maybe because neither team was hosting a rival from 100 miles away?

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
              Good question, maybe because neither team was hosting a rival from 100 miles away?

I'm just defending joe's comments... even this year, although better, NMU does a crappy job handling tickets... they are so worried about Husky fans buying out the stadium that they do these soft closings of tickets(I get that some of the tickets are unclaimed student tickets, but not sections worth like the ones that opened up today) People make their plans and usually aren't gonna plan for a game the day of, they either made their plans already to attend or found something else to do. NMU can and will do whatever they want with their tickets but not selling them at the time people want to buy them only costs NMU money.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatch_man View Post
                not sections worth like the ones that opened up today
                Sections worth? Cool. Now I know you are completely full of ****.

AHA:
                ECAC:

Comment

Sections worth? Cool. Now I know you are completely full of ****.
                  did you look earlier??? not full sections as in section 9... but lots of seats 100 - 150 maybe more through out the stadium which would equal to 1 or more sections total.... wasn't too hard to go online earlier and look...but you would rather hurl insults.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hatch_man View Post
                    I'm just defending joe's comments... even this year, although better, NMU does a crappy job handling tickets... they are so worried about Husky fans buying out the stadium that they do these soft closings of tickets(I get that some of the tickets are unclaimed student tickets, but not sections worth like the ones that opened up today) People make their plans and usually aren't gonna plan for a game the day of, they either made their plans already to attend or found something else to do. NMU can and will do whatever they want with their tickets but not selling them at the time people want to buy them only costs NMU money.
                    Holy. Fu**ing. Sh**.

Is it really that hard to understand how blocking off tickets works? And how unsold tickets can then become available for sale later in the week?

Joe, shouldn't you be preparing your team for a game tonight and not defending your interview to some message board posters?
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                      Holy. Fu**ing. Sh**.

Is it really that hard to understand how blocking off tickets works? And how unsold tickets can then become available for sale later in the week?

Joe, shouldn't you be preparing your team for a game tonight and not defending your interview to some message board posters?
                      obviously NMU is the one that doesn't understand... or they are just full of unfulfilled optimism on how many they should block. Like I said... their choice, it's only $$ out of NMU's pocket for unsold seats.

Comment

Great battle guys! I am really enjoying sharing a conference with NMU and seeing epic playoff series like this. Look forward to doing it again next season. Even when we’re way behind in the standings, there’s never really an underdog in these games.
                        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Grant Potulny NMU Hockey Coaching Record
                          2017-18 (25-15-3)
                          2018-19 (21-16-3)
                          2019-20 (18-16-4)
                          3-Years (64-47-10)

Comment

• Originally posted by Hatch_man View Post
                            obviously NMU is the one that doesn't understand... or they are just full of unfulfilled optimism on how many they should block. Like I said... their choice, it's only $$ out of NMU's pocket for unsold seats.
                            If a season ticket holder has already paid for the ticket, which they have, you can’t sell it again. Please tell us exactly how many ticket should have been set. Boy, if you whine this much when your team wins...

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                              Why not both?

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                                40 more fans is what percentage of enrollment and community population?

And you guys are supposed to be the smart ones? You do realize that blocking your entry into the Berry is intentional and the fact that it makes you mad only exacerbates our resolve. I would much rather see an empty seat than have one of you sitting in it. Keep whining, we love it.
                                “They are a **** site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they will be there in the morning.”
                                – Lewis B. Chesty Puller
                                when a journalist asked him about being surrounded by 22. enemy divisions

Comment

Working...
                                X