• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence Friars - 2019-2020 Rebuilding The Friars for Another NCAA

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
    I had no problem parking when I got there at 6:30
    neither did I...

rink was pretty full last night with a lot of UMess fans....no band guessing they wanted to sell tickets instead...

Leaman not happy with 4th line play in his comments post game...

first time i ever left early (before the last 2 UMess goals)

Comment

• Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
      neither did I...

rink was pretty full last night with a lot of UMess fans....no band guessing they wanted to sell tickets instead...

What’s the strategy for Nate going forward? They can’t play worse than they did this weekend - they won’t get a point up in Vermont with that offense shooting against Lekkas - and if part of the issue really was the flu, how hard can you push them in practice?

Vermont hasn’t won a Hockey East game in 25 chances so I’d hate to be “ that” team.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
      -Blackadder
      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
      -Casablanca
      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
        What’s the strategy for Nate going forward? They can’t play worse than they did this weekend - they won’t get a point up in Vermont with that offense shooting against Lekkas - and if part of the issue really was the flu, how hard can you push them in practice?

Vermont hasn’t won a Hockey East game in 25 chances so I’d hate to be “ that” team.
        They looked better offensively in the 3rd when they started crashing the net. Defense still stunk.
        Originally posted by mookie1995
        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
          What did Leaman expect from a rarely-used, walk-on winger?

Comment

• Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
            They looked better offensively in the 3rd when they started crashing the net. Defense still stunk.
            Should the defense suck though? They have four upper class men that dressed last night and one of the freshman who was a -3 is a fourth round pick...
            Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
              neither did I...

The Fourth line play?
              Leaman best do something about his first line play, #12 was on the ice for 6 of UMass’ 8 goals this weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by palmettofriar View Post
                The Fourth line play?
                Leaman best do something about his first line play, #12 was on the ice for 6 of UMass’ 8 goals this weekend.
                I can tell you the first two Leonard goals on Saturday had nothing to do with Dugan and has to do with pathetic defensemen (he wasn’t on the ice for the second one). The defensemen who have letters on their jerseys were -1 on Saturday next while another veteran who decided to get injured over the winter break was a -2. Maybe we should be questioning the leadship of the upper class men on this team. Vimal got himself tossed for arguing with a ref...give me a break. Nate won’t sit him at Burlington but he absolutely deserves to

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                  I can tell you the first two Leonard goals on Saturday had nothing to do with Dugan and has to do with pathetic defensemen (he wasn’t on the ice for the second one). The defensemen who have letters on their jerseys were -1 on Saturday next while another veteran who decided to get injured over the winter break was a -2. Maybe we should be questioning the leadship of the upper class men on this team. Vimal got himself tossed for arguing with a ref...give me a break. Nate won’t sit him at Burlington but he absolutely deserves to
                  Turnovers by defense men have been a serious problem during this 3 game losing streak for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by palmettofriar View Post
                    Turnovers by defense men have been a serious problem during this 3 game losing streak for sure.
                    Been a serious problem for years...starts with number 21 against Notre Dame in a regional final....

Comment

Am I overreacting when I say that in my opinion PC needs to win the rest of the remaining regular season games in order to have a shot at the NCAA tournament?

I see that they are on the outside looking in right now after their three losses.

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                        Am I overreacting when I say that in my opinion PC needs to win the rest of the remaining regular season games in order to have a shot at the NCAA tournament?

I see that they are on the outside looking in right now after their three losses.
                        Probably need that first round win as well
                        Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

No overreacting . If they drop any game to UVM or Merrimack it is over. They will drop in the Pairwise like a brick. They would have to win Hockey East. I can think of 3 games that have killed them in the Pairwise, Holy Cross, Colgate and the Lowell OT L.

Comment

I thought I was overreacting to the loss on Saturday, but nope.
                            I feel like you're correct.

After 7 years of success beyond our wildest dreams with Nate, one bad weekend has us staring into the abyss. For one season, anyways.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                            -Blackadder
                            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                            -Casablanca
                            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

After 3 dispiriting losses including 2 horrible performances the friars go on the road to face a snake bitten Vermont team that is desperate for a W, that has a pretty good goalie. The friars are in a bad position this weekend with a lot to lose and not much to gain.

Comment

I think they have to sweep Merrimack and UVM and at least split with Maine then get to the Garden to make the NCAA tourney.

Comment

Working...
                                X