Providence Friars - 2019-2020 Rebuilding The Friars for Another NCAA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
    Friars had problems with the faceoffs, Friday was bad, Saturday a bit better.
    PowerPlay has become somewhat stagnant even with the top pairing. (second team has been great all year)
    UVM poured on a lot of shots especially Saturday in the third.

So now we get Merrimack a team you never know what going to get from them but they always seem to play PC tough....

Friday home game going to honor Fr. Shanley pre-game, something Nate wanted to do as Shanley ends his tenure.
    For whatever reason, this team has been out of sync since the week off near the end of January.

Comment

• Re: Providence Friars - 2019-2020 Rebuilding The Friars for Another NCAA

Does anyone know the reason why Jordan Kawaguchi ended up at North Dakota and not Providence ?

Comment

Originally posted by steven22 View Post
        Does anyone know the reason why Jordan Kawaguchi ended up at North Dakota and not Providence ?
        Because he wanted to go to North Dakota over Providence.
        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
          Because he wanted to go to North Dakota over Providence.
          Interesting since he committed to Providence

Comment

Originally posted by steven22 View Post
            Interesting since he committed to Providence
            And he decommitted from PC.....
            Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
              And he decommitted from PC.....
              Lol I know that . There is more than he wanted to go to UND. Maybe not , kids change their minds last minute . Or maybe he figured he would have to deal with your degrading comments about the PC players . That could be it

Comment

Kawaguchi committed to PC 6/1/15, Steve Miller played role in that committment and he was leaving by that point From what I heard new staff member wasn’t as high on. During ensuing season Conway put up ridiculous numbers in same league as Kawaguchi and by then Duhaime had decommitted from Brown. You get 18 scholarship only so PC seems to have put off Kawaguchi which he resisted. PC got Conway and Duhaime in 1/16. Borkqvist was also being recruited. Basically trading pieces with deferred pieces resisting.

A little earlier UVM capt Matt Alvaro decommitted Ironically Acciari ended up leaving early at a late date and Lemos was brought in early.
                Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
                  Kawaguchi committed to PC 6/1/15, Steve Miller played role in that committment and he was leaving by that point From what I heard new staff member wasn’t as high on. During ensuing season Conway put up ridiculous numbers in same league as Kawaguchi and by then Duhaime had decommitted from Brown. You get 18 scholarship only so PC seems to have put off Kawaguchi which he resisted. PC got Conway and Duhaime in 1/16. Borkqvist was also being recruited. Basically trading pieces with deferred pieces resisting.
                  I think it worked out well for everyone.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                  -Blackadder
                  "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                  -Casablanca
                  "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                  -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

A little earlier UVM capt Matt Alvaro decommitted Ironically Acciari ended up leaving early at a late date and Lemos was brought in early.
                    This was more complex than a chess game - at least the way I play. I had the impression that Kawauchi was deferred specifically so that there would be a scholarship for Borkqvist. It may have been a slight plus for PC, and a big minus for NU as Borkqvist scored some BIG goals against the Huskies.

Your guys may be stumbling around a bit lately, but I expect you'll get things straightened out in the next 3 weeks. Too much talent + behind the bench for you to be non-factors. Don't pay attention to Zlax. Every school has a curmudgeon who can't tolerate success. He would find a problem with the 1969 Cornell team!
                    Last edited by HHound; 02-20-2020, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Thanks!! Was just wonder the back story besides he decommitted. I figured out the decomit part LOL.

Comment

Big weekend for Friars. Need to take all 4 four points from the Warriors but I doubt it will be easy. Nate felt they had good practices this week so we'll see if it translates to the games.

I know Merrimack is young and different from past teams. They have played the higher teams tough most of the season although have not gotten a lot of wins. Hopefully Friars have a good crowd at home tonight and PC players finally put out a good game at home. (other than that first game white wash of Maine, many of games have been struggle). And stay out of the box and those stupid penalties (especially the ones that get you 5 mins and tossed from the game).

Comment

Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
                          Big weekend for Friars. Need to take all 4 four points from the Warriors but I doubt it will be easy. Nate felt they had good practices this week so we'll see if it translates to the games.

I know Merrimack is young and different from past teams. They have played the higher teams tough most of the season although have not gotten a lot of wins. Hopefully Friars have a good crowd at home tonight and PC players finally put out a good game at home. (other than that first game white wash of Maine, many of games have been struggle). And stay out of the box and those stupid penalties (especially the ones that get you 5 mins and tossed from the game).
                          I need to stop listening to all those history podcasts, because I keep comparing Hockey East this year to the western front of World War I. Similar amount of inertia, significantly less barbed wire and poison gas.
                          The good news about everyone being bunched up is that no matter what happens, PC will gain ground on someone if they can take 4 points from Merrimack. IF.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                          -Blackadder
                          -Casablanca
                          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                            I need to stop listening to all those history podcasts, because I keep comparing Hockey East this year to the western front of World War I. Similar amount of inertia, significantly less barbed wire and poison gas.
                            The good news about everyone being bunched up is that no matter what happens, PC will gain ground on someone if they can take 4 points from Merrimack. IF.
                            Down 1-0 halfway through the third. Not a great effort

-Blackadder
                            -Casablanca
                            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Down 1-0 halfway through the third. Not a great effort
                              There is something very wrong with this team,

-Blackadder
                              -Casablanca
                              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

There is something very wrong with this team,
                                Lackey is basically the only person playing well right now. Ugh.

-Blackadder
                                -Casablanca
                                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Working...
                                X