Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2020-21 Season: The Road to … Nowhere?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post

These games will be available via Livestream?
    Yes.

Comment

• By the way, this rink BU and UConn played in last weekend, is it UConn's permanent home, or are they using it for COVID related reasons?
      if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
        By the way, this rink BU and UConn played in last weekend, is it UConn's permanent home, or are they using it for COVID related reasons?
        That's the old hockey arena when they played in the AHA and where their women's team plays. It is not the men's team's permanent home, it's used because XL is not open this year.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post

That's the old hockey arena when they played in the AHA and where their women's team plays. It is not the men's team's permanent home, it's used because XL is not open this year.
          It is not real "old." Or maybe I am getting there.
          I remember when they played in an open air rink back in the 1970s and early 80s. Saw a game there against Bowdoin when it was poring rain. A thick fog would develop over the ice. They'd periodically stop the game and have both teams come out and skate figure-8s to lift the fog. It took awhile, but they eventually finished the game.

The Freitas Rink capacity is tiny, and UConn had to find a bigger place for Hockey East men's games. Hence, the XL Center.

Comment

• Patrick Donnelly twitter:BU head coach Albie O'Connell confirms David Farrance and Drew Commesso are available this week.

Train kept a roll in’....

Comment

• CHN article on the BU goalie situation.

Also, I understand wanting to maintain privacy, when it comes to a student athletes health, but we aren't stupid. Commesso and Farrance weren't just in "COVID protocol." For over a month.

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...-Situation.php

It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
                Patrick Donnelly twitter:BU head coach Albie O'Connell confirms David Farrance and Drew Commesso are available this week.

Train kept a roll in’....
                Albie was non-committal about goalie plans for the Merrimack series, but giving each one a start would seem the best way to get Commesso back after a month off. He said the staff would monitor Farrance's times, keeping it to 15-18 minutes. He pointed out that BU could play seven Ds and that he was pleased with the defensemen’s penalty-killing, noting that “the guys who have played those minutes deserve to keep playing.” From that I’d surmise that Farrance will be on the ice for even-strength and power plays. Seven Ds means one of the 13 forwards who've been playing must sit; two, if he decides to get Wise into the line-up. Albie also said that face-offs are an area they need to improve, adding that sometimes it’s a five-man problem rather than just the guy taking the draw.
                The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post

Albie was non-committal about goalie plans for the Merrimack series, but giving each one a start would seem the best way to get Commesso back after a month off. He said the staff would monitor Farrance's times, keeping it to 15-18 minutes. He pointed out that BU could play seven Ds and that he was pleased with the defensemen’s penalty-killing, noting that “the guys who have played those minutes deserve to keep playing.” From that I’d surmise that Farrance will be on the ice for even-strength and power plays. Seven Ds means one of the 13 forwards who've been playing must sit; two, if he decides to get Wise into the line-up. Albie also said that face-offs are an area they need to improve, adding that sometimes it’s a five-man problem rather than just the guy taking the draw.
                  There is no way Commesso plays both games. Not only from a health stand-point, but Vinny deserves it. Doesn't matter who the opponent is.
                  It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post

There is no way Commesso plays both games. Not only from a health stand-point, but Vinny deserves it. Doesn't matter who the opponent is.
                    Have to wonder if Wise will dress for a game (i'm guessing he does). But the question is who comes out? Since there will be 7D will probably be dressed, 2F will come out (if wise dresses). I'm guessing deboer and Armstrong but who knows, Armstrong is good on PK. Some tough decisions will happen this weekend, but ones needed if we're gonna make a run.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                      CHN article on the BU goalie situation.

Also, I understand wanting to maintain privacy, when it comes to a student athletes health, but we aren't stupid. Commesso and Farrance weren't just in "COVID protocol." For over a month.

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...-Situation.php
                      Yes they were. BU apparently has a policy that athletes who test positive cannot play for 30 days and are monitored during that time as they return to practice.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Do any of you agree with the comment that Abel "struggled" in the game against BC? I disagree. I thought he played pretty well. A defensive lapse in the waning seconds of OT that became the game winner to me doesn't constitute a struggle. As for him falling on the ice - what dumb luck. I'm not going into any back and forth on COVID protocol. The school has a policy. I have no idea if Comesso and Farrance both tested positive or were exposed or what. I do know they have to have three straight negative test results before they're allowed back. So here we are end of February and they're both back. Hoping they both ease back into things so they can get stronger.

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post

Yes they were. BU apparently has a policy that athletes who test positive cannot play for 30 days and are monitored during that time as they return to practice.
                          Because they had COVID. That's my point.
                          It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            Do any of you agree with the comment that Abel "struggled" in the game against BC? I disagree. I thought he played pretty well. A defensive lapse in the waning seconds of OT that became the game winner to me doesn't constitute a struggle. As for him falling on the ice - what dumb luck. I'm not going into any back and forth on COVID protocol. The school has a policy. I have no idea if Comesso and Farrance both tested positive or were exposed or what. I do know they have to have three straight negative test results before they're allowed back. So here we are end of February and they're both back. Hoping they both ease back into things so they can get stronger.
                            The tell regarding had COVID/didn't have COVID is the reference to "limited minutes." Clearly, they are working their way back to health.

I agree with you on Abel. He played a solid game against BC.
                            It Happened!!!!

Comment

• BU has probably the most stringent return to play Covid policy in the country (debatable if it a good thing or bad thing). I for one applaud how BU has handled the pandemic but do notice that Cam Newton was positive on Oct 2 and returns to play NFL football on Oct. 18. 16 days from testing positive. BU protocol doubles that time compared to the Patriots but if they are looking out for the best of their student athletes then its a good thing in my eyes.

I thought Abel was fine during the BC game. He gave them a chance to win and played well. I think the goaltending this year is why BU is where they are. I fully expect them to split goaltending duties this weekend. They still need more scoring from upfront and need to find ways to create more shots. You cannot get outshot every game and expect promising results. Shooting roughly 15% isn't sustainable. Hopefully with Ferrance and Cockerill back the offense and puck possession time will improve.

Comment

• Vinny starts in goal. Farrance is paired with Webber. Fensore-McCarthy. Vlasic-Jarman.
                                Same lines, minus DeBoer.
                                The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X