Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2020-21 Season: The Road to … Nowhere?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Lemonade View Post

    Actually they were probably in quarantine and aren’t allowed to practice.
    More that I think about it, it's a combination of they should be fresher than PC plus their intensity should have been higher as they should be raring to go after having the season delayed multiple times. They started good then after Providence punched back had no answer for 6 straight goals. At home in your season debut. Not good as far as setting the tone for the upcoming season although they were somewhat better the second night.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

    Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

    "I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Rover View Post

      More that I think about it, it's a combination of they should be fresher than PC plus their intensity should have been higher as they should be raring to go after having the season delayed multiple times. They started good then after Providence punched back had no answer for 6 straight goals. At home in your season debut. Not good as far as setting the tone for the upcoming season although they were somewhat better the second night.
      have you ever played hockey in your life? Sit your *** on the couch for months and you should be ready to play because you are fresher? If that’s the case I should be suiting up for bruins tomorrow. I will be super fresh.




      Comment


      • Originally posted by Lemonade View Post

        have you ever played hockey in your life? Sit your *** on the couch for months and you should be ready to play because you are fresher? If that’s the case I should be suiting up for bruins tomorrow. I will be super fresh.



        Are you in a relationship with Albie or are you just a serial excuse maker? The team's home and season opener should mean they want it more than PC playing close to it's 10th game of the year. Instead we got treated to an undisciplined team getting run off its own ice. If that's good enough for you so be it, but I recall a time when BU hockey had higher aspirations than finishing .500 for the year.

        Also if you can play D feel free to suit up for the B's as they currently have an opening due to a recent departure....
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

        Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

        "I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Rover View Post

          Are you in a relationship with Albie or are you just a serial excuse maker? The team's home and season opener should mean they want it more than PC playing close to it's 10th game of the year. Instead we got treated to an undisciplined team getting run off its own ice. If that's good enough for you so be it, but I recall a time when BU hockey had higher aspirations than finishing .500 for the year.

          Also if you can play D feel free to suit up for the B's as they currently have an opening due to a recent departure....

          i am realist and have common sense. You can want it all you want but if you are tired and not in shape that only gets you so far. 4 practices in a month doesn’t get you near game shape. Having played 9 games is a massive advantage verse a team that hasn’t played a game. It’s not a normal season so don’t have normal expectations right now until teams get up to speed.

          Comment


          • Let's take a deep breath and cut these guys a little slack. I was as disappointed as everyone else was after Friday night, but they were the walking wounded after the midpoint of the game. They were gassed and stopped skating. I was much more heartened from last night.

            This is just going to be one weird season - Lowell is already paused for this coming weekend - will we even play someone? Will HE move the schedule around to adjust? Who knows?

            But the key is this - everyone makes the playoffs this year - It's gonna be like golf... it's not how you drive, it's how you arrive. The teams that get better and better and hit full stride in the last weeks of the season will be sitting pretty. That's where we want to be, despite a kinky season.

            Comment


            • Flex schedule now has BU playing a home-and-home with UMass on Friday and Saturday.
              At Mullin Friday at 4:30, airing on NESN+. Home on Saturday at 5:30.
              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

              Comment


              • With the announcement that PC vs. UMass now cancelled, I wonder if our games this weekend will be as well....

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Sam Adams View Post
                  With the announcement that PC vs. UMass now cancelled, I wonder if our games this weekend will be as well....
                  Depends on if the source of the cancellation is PC or UMass. If it's UMass, then possibly, if it's PC, then I think the BU-UMass games will proceed as currently scheduled.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post

                    Depends on if the source of the cancellation is PC or UMass. If it's UMass, then possibly, if it's PC, then I think the BU-UMass games will proceed as currently scheduled.
                    Since PCs games verse Maine are still on according to their twitter release it leaves me to believe the issue is with UMass....round and round we go.

                    Comment


                    • The UMass-BU series is still on. That tells me the cancellation was not related to COVID. PC and UMass are scheduled to play on 1/22 and 1/23. No idea why the game was called off. Hockey East doesn't let anyone know.

                      Comment


                      • Prior to the switch to playing us, did UMass have two games this weekend? If not, I can't imagine they'd be psyched about having to play a midweek game and two more this weekend - especially against a team who did not play during the week.
                        \_(ツ)_/

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                          Prior to the switch to playing us, did UMass have two games this weekend? If not, I can't imagine they'd be psyched about having to play a midweek game and two more this weekend - especially against a team who did not play during the week.
                          UMass was scheduled to play BC prior to this. Northeastern had the weekend off.

                          BU Alum '07

                          Comment


                          • Has anyone looked to the BU roster lately. It is the most players I have ever seen
                            Also Skoog has not played yet. Is it possible he went home for the holidays and has a longer quarantine period after returning?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by DLG View Post
                              Also Skoog has not played yet. Is it possible he went home for the holidays and has a longer quarantine period after returning?
                              Yes, Skoog returned to Sweden and is in the process of completing his quarantine since returning to BU.

                              Comment


                              • UMass series will not be played this weekend - positive case(s?) at UMass.
                                \_(ツ)_/

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X