Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2020-21 Season: The Road to … Nowhere?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrier86
    replied
    Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
    Time to start a new thread?
    Yes, let's look forwards not backwards.

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    No.

Leave a comment:

• Harry Cleverly
    replied
    Time to start a new thread?

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied
    Originally posted by DLG View Post

His family was the driving force- thought he was ready for NHL
    Was the wrong decision
    If he would have stayed in school, he would not have backed out on the igles and gone there...no?

Leave a comment:

• DLG
    replied
    Originally posted by ericredaxe;n36His family64659

There is a name I haven’t thought of in ages. Just looked at his career stats... 90 NHL games in 10 years since leaving BU. I wonder if in hindsight he would have been better off sticking around and earning his degree?

I don’t even remember, was there a specific reason he left early other than pro ambitions?
    His family was the driving force- thought he was ready for NHL
    Was the wrong decision

Leave a comment:

• ericredaxe
    replied
    Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    Did Adam Clendenning get hurt? I saw the line up for today's game on USA Hockey's twitter and he wasn't on it.
    There is a name I haven’t thought of in ages. Just looked at his career stats... 90 NHL games in 10 years since leaving BU. I wonder if in hindsight he would have been better off sticking around and earning his degree?

I don’t even remember, was there a specific reason he left early other than pro ambitions?

Leave a comment:

• buoldtimer
    replied
    Apropos of nothing, but I had some time on my hands today, so...

I'd been thinking about DQ's firing after three seasons, no playoffs, setting aside the Rangers' appearance in last season's contrived playoff configuration.

I researched how many coaches have survived three consecutive seasons without making the playoffs. Beforehand, I thought most coaches would be dixied in these circumstances.

Well, since 1980 there have been 21 coaches who fit the bill. Nine survived to at least start the next season. Twelve were Felix Ungered.
    Last edited by buoldtimer; 05-28-2021, 03:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    Did Adam Clendenning get hurt? I saw the line up for today's game on USA Hockey's twitter and he wasn't on it.

Leave a comment:

• bcmsu9196
    replied
    Looks like Alaska will play Hockey East opponents in Maine and Vermont instead

Leave a comment:

• ericredaxe
    replied
    Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
    I have no idea, but Alaska announced their 2021-22 schedule today and BU's not on it.

Sean
    Their schedule shows 4 home games in a row vs RPI. That’s pretty unique sounding i would think? How often does a team fly out to play four away games in a row?

Leave a comment:

• Sean Pickett
    replied
    Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post

Did they back out in the last week? That series was quoted in the email Agganis sent last week about season ticket renewals.
    I have no idea, but Alaska announced their 2021-22 schedule today and BU's not on it.

Sean

Leave a comment:

• brassbonanza
    replied
    Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
    No Alaska

Sean
    Did they back out in the last week? That series was quoted in the email Agganis sent last week about season ticket renewals.

Leave a comment:

• Sean Pickett
    replied
    Originally posted by hydrant View Post
    I believe BU usually plays 8 OOC games each year (not including beanpot). This upcoming season we have heard

Home:
    Alaska x2
    ASU x2

Away:
    NMUx2
    Brown
    No Alaska

Sean

Leave a comment:

• Rogie21
    replied
    Drew Commesso has been added to the Team USA roster at the Men's World Championships in Latvia. He'll be the team's third goalie. In Team USA's 5-1 win against Canada, Jake Oettinger took over for injured starter Anthony Stolarz and stopped 26 of 27 shots, while Adam Clendening scored the game-winner. Chris Drury is Team USA's general manager. Former Notre Dame netminder Cal Peterson is the team's other goalie.

https://teamusa.usahockey.com/news_article/show/1165803
    https://teamusa.usahockey.com/news_article/show/1165586

Leave a comment:

• buoldtimer
    replied
    Originally posted by J.D. View Post

He played in 40 regular season games. Healthy scratch maybe? Or are you referring to Farrance as the black ace?
    No, my reference was to Fabbro. Farrance has been a healthy scratch, also, but I expected that.

Fabbro was logging big minutes most of the season, but sustained an injury. He came back to the lineup late in the season. Maybe, Nashville decided he hadn't recovered sufficiently from the injury.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X