Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2020-21 Season: The Road to … Nowhere?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drew Commesso has been added to the Team USA roster at the Men's World Championships in Latvia. He'll be the team's third goalie. In Team USA's 5-1 win against Canada, Jake Oettinger took over for injured starter Anthony Stolarz and stopped 26 of 27 shots, while Adam Clendening scored the game-winner. Chris Drury is Team USA's general manager. Former Notre Dame netminder Cal Peterson is the team's other goalie.

https://teamusa.usahockey.com/news_article/show/1165803
    https://teamusa.usahockey.com/news_article/show/1165586
    The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by hydrant View Post
      I believe BU usually plays 8 OOC games each year (not including beanpot). This upcoming season we have heard

Home:
      Alaska x2
      ASU x2

Away:
      NMUx2
      Brown
      No Alaska

Sean
      Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
      Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
      BU Hockey highlights and extras
      NCAA Hockey Financials
      Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
      I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
        No Alaska

Sean
        Did they back out in the last week? That series was quoted in the email Agganis sent last week about season ticket renewals.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post

Did they back out in the last week? That series was quoted in the email Agganis sent last week about season ticket renewals.
          I have no idea, but Alaska announced their 2021-22 schedule today and BU's not on it.

Sean
          Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
          Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
          BU Hockey highlights and extras
          NCAA Hockey Financials
          Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
          I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
            I have no idea, but Alaska announced their 2021-22 schedule today and BU's not on it.

Sean
            Their schedule shows 4 home games in a row vs RPI. That’s pretty unique sounding i would think? How often does a team fly out to play four away games in a row?

Comment

• Looks like Alaska will play Hockey East opponents in Maine and Vermont instead
              "No matter where you go, there you are"

Comment

• Did Adam Clendenning get hurt? I saw the line up for today's game on USA Hockey's twitter and he wasn't on it.

Comment

• Apropos of nothing, but I had some time on my hands today, so...

I'd been thinking about DQ's firing after three seasons, no playoffs, setting aside the Rangers' appearance in last season's contrived playoff configuration.

I researched how many coaches have survived three consecutive seasons without making the playoffs. Beforehand, I thought most coaches would be dixied in these circumstances.

Well, since 1980 there have been 21 coaches who fit the bill. Nine survived to at least start the next season. Twelve were Felix Ungered.
                  Last edited by buoldtimer; 05-28-2021, 02:24 PM.
                  if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    Did Adam Clendenning get hurt? I saw the line up for today's game on USA Hockey's twitter and he wasn't on it.
                    There is a name I haven’t thought of in ages. Just looked at his career stats... 90 NHL games in 10 years since leaving BU. I wonder if in hindsight he would have been better off sticking around and earning his degree?

I don’t even remember, was there a specific reason he left early other than pro ambitions?

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe;n36His family64659

There is a name I haven’t thought of in ages. Just looked at his career stats... 90 NHL games in 10 years since leaving BU. I wonder if in hindsight he would have been better off sticking around and earning his degree?

I don’t even remember, was there a specific reason he left early other than pro ambitions?
                      His family was the driving force- thought he was ready for NHL
                      Was the wrong decision

Comment

• Originally posted by DLG View Post

His family was the driving force- thought he was ready for NHL
                        Was the wrong decision
                        If he would have stayed in school, he would not have backed out on the igles and gone there...no?
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Time to start a new thread?

Comment

• No.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
                              Time to start a new thread?
                              Yes, let's look forwards not backwards.

Comment

Working...
                              X