Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2020-21 Season: The Road to … Nowhere?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
    Well NMU thinks it's still on. They've announced the games for 5-6 November and they're going to honor their 1991 NCAA championship team that weekend.

Sean
    Of COURSE they are. I was told this trip was supposed to be the third weekend in October, which is my birthday weekend. If the world is in a place where road trips are possible, I hope to go (if only to add another to my Rinks Where Scarlet Has Seen College Hockey) but really didn't want to spend my birthday in the UP (no offense intended). But November would be OK. Though do I want to relive that pain???? Not sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
      Well NMU thinks it's still on. They've announced the games for 5-6 November and they're going to honor their 1991 NCAA championship team that weekend.

Sean
      Hey Sean, can you post the link to your YouTube channel? The 91 game is on it, correct? I want to see something.

Comment

• Originally posted by hydrant View Post
        I believe BU usually plays 8 OOC games each year (not including beanpot). This upcoming season we have heard

Home:
        Alaska x2
        ASU x2

Away:
        NMUx2
        Brown

Who do we think the last one is? Cornell(if RHH is still on), Minnesota (rumored to come to Boston last year but COVID. But doesn’t look like it will fit their schedule next year). LIU (rumor last year) or SHU (thought they were supposed to play last year again but who knows)
        Harvard? The Tuesday before Thanksgiving? Please?

A group of us went to that clinching Alaska-BC 1991 NCAA game. Good times. : )
        It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          Hey Sean, can you post the link to your YouTube channel? The 91 game is on it, correct? I want to see something.
          It's in my sig, but it seems few people have there settings configured to show sigs. The games are not on YouTube, but my Google drive. Games are by year-month-day (the BU-NMU NCAA title game is 1991-03-30).

Sean

Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
          Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
          BU Hockey highlights and extras
          NCAA Hockey Financials
          Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
          I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post

Harvard? The Tuesday before Thanksgiving? Please?
            Yes please!

Comment

• Two points on the schedule- When you play western teams you then go there to return the visit. With major teams it is often a trip some of us like to make
              Examples in past years have been North Dakota and Michigan & Quinnipiac
              Also don't get the two home games. Colorado College is coming to Boston and playing BC Friday and Northeastern Saturday
              It used to be that way with BU two but not recently

Comment

• Originally posted by DLG View Post
                Two points on the schedule- When you play western teams you then go there to return the visit. With major teams it is often a trip some of us like to make
                Examples in past years have been North Dakota and Michigan & Quinnipiac
                Also don't get the two home games. Colorado College is coming to Boston and playing BC Friday and Northeastern Saturday
                It used to be that way with BU two but not recently
                We are doing that - just with ASU (returning to open their new arena in winter 2022, I believe) and returning the series with NMU.

My understanding is at least part of the reason why the "big" OOC teams aren't on the schedule recently has to do with their requested scheduling. Many wanted to schedule the series out west the first weekend of the season - BU wanted to stop doing this and instead shift to late October or early November to give the team a few games and weeks of practice under the belt. I believe DU was one of the main culprits here - I'd heard they wanted to re-up the series that ended in 2018 but would only agree to play us in Denver to open the season.

Also don't forget we had a H/H with the Gophers on the schedule beginning last year that's now up in the air. I'd also heard pre-Covid that St. Cloud and North Dakota H/H's were in the works as well for future seasons.
                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post

We are doing that - just with ASU (returning to open their new arena in winter 2022, I believe) and returning the series with NMU.

My understanding is at least part of the reason why the "big" OOC teams aren't on the schedule recently has to do with their requested scheduling. Many wanted to schedule the series out west the first weekend of the season - BU wanted to stop doing this and instead shift to late October or early November to give the team a few games and weeks of practice under the belt. I believe DU was one of the main culprits here - I'd heard they wanted to re-up the series that ended in 2018 but would only agree to play us in Denver to open the season.

Also don't forget we had a H/H with the Gophers on the schedule beginning last year that's now up in the air. I'd also heard pre-Covid that St. Cloud and North Dakota H/H's were in the works as well for future seasons.
                  I heard the same thing. Albie was tired of the team being pasted by older, more experienced opponents early on in the season.

if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post

I heard the same thing. Albie was tired of the team being pasted by older, more experienced opponents early on in the season.
                    So... should wait until the 1st round of the NCAA'S to get pasted by them? Isn't it better to get a look at who you'll be dealing with in the tournament ahead of time?
                    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post

So... should wait until the 1st round of the NCAA'S to get pasted by them? Isn't it better to get a look at who you'll be dealing with in the tournament ahead of time?
                      Ya I don't really get this point. If it's an opening weekend series...it's an opening weekend series for both teams. I could understand it if Denver was trying to set it up where it was BUs first game but Denver's third or something like that. Otherwise it shouldn't matter when you play them.

Comment

I didn't say I agreed with his viewpoint, if that's even how he feels. I posted what I was told.
                        if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

We didn't get pasted by St. Cloud this year - we pasted ourselves.

Comment

• I noticed that Dante Fabbro has been a "black ace" for the Nashville playoff games.

Comment

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                              I noticed that Dante Fabbro has been a "black ace" for the Nashville playoff games.
                              He played in 40 regular season games. Healthy scratch maybe? Or are you referring to Farrance as the black ace?

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

He played in 40 regular season games. Healthy scratch maybe? Or are you referring to Farrance as the black ace?
                                No, my reference was to Fabbro. Farrance has been a healthy scratch, also, but I expected that.

Fabbro was logging big minutes most of the season, but sustained an injury. He came back to the lineup late in the season. Maybe, Nashville decided he hadn't recovered sufficiently from the injury.

Comment

Working...
                                X