Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2020-21 Season: The Road to … Nowhere?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree that the defense may be our weak point and our offense does not have any players that seem to drive a line. Defense played well when Farrance was out and offense seems to have more depth next year. Just need players to start taking their game up a notch. Hoping Peterson, Mastro, and Skoog take a step forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by hydrant View Post
      I agree that the defense may be our weak point and our offense does not have any players that seem to drive a line. Defense played well when Farrance was out and offense seems to have more depth next year. Just need players to start taking their game up a notch. Hoping Peterson, Mastro, and Skoog take a step forward.
      The addition of Matt Brown is a huge one in my opinion. Really liked how he played. I think up front they may not have one superstar but with Tuch, Peterson, O'Brien, Cockerill, Amonte, Skoog and Mastro you should have at least two really good lines up front. Defense could improve from last year. Farrance wasn't exactly a defensive defenseman so maybe going more conservative defensively is a good thing. I think they will have the best goalie situation in Hockey East (minus Umass who has Murray in portal and Lindberg potentially leaving). The real X factor is can Albie step up and deliver.....he has the talent on the ice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

I'm assuming he means the players.
        That is correct!

BU Alum '07

Comment

• Unless Jack Eichel is coming back I don't see how 25 wins and a FF appearance are possible. It's a decent team with a bad coach which usually translates to a .500 record. Yes the pressure is on Albie who needs to win some hardware next year or I don't see how the school can justify his continued employment. Constant flameouts in the HE tournament and first round exits in the NCAA's should not be grounds for a contract extension. Time to cut him loose.
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
            Unless Jack Eichel is coming back I don't see how 25 wins and a FF appearance are possible. It's a decent team with a bad coach which usually translates to a .500 record. Yes the pressure is on Albie who needs to win some hardware next year or I don't see how the school can justify his continued employment. Constant flameouts in the HE tournament and first round exits in the NCAA's should not be grounds for a contract extension. Time to cut him loose.
            I agree. Can't see him getting cut loose until after this next season. Has really had only 1 full season, even though that is no excuse on his part because teams have not looked great. They've gotten better from 18-19(terrible), 19-20(bad), then 20-21(not as bad). Albie finally has his players he recruited. If he can't prove this season he's the guy then clean house on him and Pearl. Don't like him either. Not sure if they ever thought of a game plan against SCS or really any team. Didn't look like it. Just have one guy skate try to skate around everyone to the redline then dump it in then not apply pressure on the forecheck.

Comment

I agree. Can't see him getting cut loose until after this next season. Has really had only 1 full season, even though that is no excuse on his part because teams have not looked great. They've gotten better from 18-19(terrible), 19-20(bad), then 20-21(not as bad). Albie finally has his players he recruited. If he can't prove this season he's the guy then clean house on him and Pearl. Don't like him either. Not sure if they ever thought of a game plan against SCS or really any team. Didn't look like it. Just have one guy skate try to skate around everyone to the redline then dump it in then not apply pressure on the forecheck.
              Aside from the St Cloud State game, why do you dislike Pearl? I'm not saying you're wrong, I'd just like the know the reasons behind your opinion.

if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

This is big for BU. Did not have really any good centers last year. Wouldn't be surprised if O'brien is moved to wing because they moved him there last game of tournament. Next years centers could be Brown, Skoog, Amonte, Zabaneh/Greene/ Stevens.
                Don’t understand the suggestion that Brown projects as a center. He didn’t play there in two years at Lowell and only took a total of 25 draws (went 0-5 this season). And wouldn't expect Greene, a late ’03, to come next fall. He’s had a good but hardly great USHL season (32 points in 49 games) and could use another year in Green Bay. Assuming Greene comes in ’22 and that Tristan Amonte comes this fall, that’s 18 forwards, which means 5 or 6 will sit every night. How will that impact team chemistry?

O’Brien Skoog, Zabaneh, Amonte and Stevens are the most experienced centers. FWIW, Mastrosimone centered the top line against St. Cloud. A bounce-back season from Skoog would really help; he was invisible in several games this year and his face off win % dropped from .502 to .420.

Of the freshman forwards, I’d expect right-shot power forward Tyler Boucher to be most likely win a spot in top nine—provided he’s recovered from the knee injury that sidelined him most of this season. He’s B-rated by Central Scouting and projected at #40 for the draft by TSN.

The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Don’t understand the suggestion that Brown projects as a center. He didn’t play there in two years at Lowell and only took a total of 25 draws (went 0-5 this season). And wouldn't expect Greene, a late ’03, to come next fall. He’s had a good but hardly great USHL season (32 points in 49 games) and could use another year in Green Bay. Assuming Greene comes in ’22 and that Tristan Amonte comes this fall, that’s 18 forwards, which means 5 or 6 will sit every night. How will that impact team chemistry?

O’Brien Skoog, Zabaneh, Amonte and Stevens are the most experienced centers. FWIW, Mastrosimone centered the top line against St. Cloud. A bounce-back season from Skoog would really help; he was invisible in several games this year and his face off win % dropped from .502 to .420.

Of the freshman forwards, I’d expect right-shot power forward Tyler Boucher to be most likely win a spot in top nine—provided he’s recovered from the knee injury that sidelined him most of this season. He’s B-rated by Central Scouting and projected at #40 for the draft by TSN.
                  The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                    Don’t understand the suggestion that Brown projects as a center. He didn’t play there in two years at Lowell and only took a total of 25 draws (went 0-5 this season). And wouldn't expect Greene, a late ’03, to come next fall. He’s had a good but hardly great USHL season (32 points in 49 games) and could use another year in Green Bay. Assuming Greene comes in ’22 and that Tristan Amonte comes this fall, that’s 18 forwards, which means 5 or 6 will sit every night. How will that impact team chemistry?

Sounds like he'll fit right in here!!!

Comment

• That faceoff win percentage had to be some sort of anomaly. That cant keep up being that low. 50/50 chance you would think for an average center right?

Comment

Apologize about the Brown mistake. Saw last night I messed that up. Thought he did his freshman year but obviously not. As for Greene, thought he was a 22-23 recruit until he signed his NLI. Also, read an article that said he could be here 21-22 (will include link)
                        https://www.saltwire.com/newfoundlan...season-544014/
                        Last edited by hydrant; 04-22-2021, 04:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post

Aside from the St Cloud State game, why do you dislike Pearl? I'm not saying you're wrong, I'd just like the know the reasons behind your opinion.
                          Just don't see him as a good coach personally. Haven't like much he's done for the offense as in powerplay or just in general. Little bias but sometimes hate our overall offensive gameplan.

Comment

• Since you guys mentioned Pearl, the CHN podcast guys heard that Pearl might be interested in returning to Holy Cross and that there are new people in charge from when he first left. They indicated he left because he was frustrated by lack of institutional support.

Comment

I don't see this as an imposing group. Certainly, I hope I'm wrong.
                              if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
                                ......first round exits in the NCAA's should not be grounds for a contract extension..
                                Strategy works for Mike Tomlin :-(
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X