Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2020-21 Season: The Road to … Nowhere?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cridge View Post
    Matt Brown from UML will be coming to BU this fall. Book it! Do not have any reliable information, but have a really good feeling. I do not know how the logistics will work out, but he will come this fall. Take this as hope!
    Throw back Monday?

Comment

• Originally posted by DLG View Post
      Giant acquistion

Mark Divver
      @MarkDivver
      ?
      5m
      Lowell's Matt Brown will transfer to Boston University, per source. Big add for Terriers. Significant interest from NCHC, Big Ten, Hockey East & ECAC schools
      Is he someone who's completed his degree work in 3 years, and wishes to transfer, as Connor Lacouvee did? Essentially, why was he willing to transfer from UML? Are there circumstances in this transfer that will require him to sit out a season?

if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post

Is he someone who's completed his degree work in 3 years, and wishes to transfer, as Connor Lacouvee did? Essentially, why was he willing to transfer from UML? Are there circumstances in this transfer that will require him to sit out a season?

He left Lowell after two years, so he has another three years of eligibility since 20-21 did not count towards anyone's four years. He, and everyone else transferring, will not have to sit out at all.

Seems there was a rather large exodus from Lowell this offseason, unclear why from the outside.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Interesting. Didn’t Greg Carvel say he had a conversation with Bazin and Bazin said he was going to BC?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post

If they can get Matt Brown then someone is getting deferred a year I tell you that.
            huge addition up front. Glad Albie listened.

Comment

• Originally posted by cridge View Post
              Matt Brown from UML will be coming to BU this fall. Book it! Do not have any reliable information, but have a really good feeling. I do not know how the logistics will work out, but he will come this fall. Take this as hope!
              Called it

Comment

• This is big for BU. Did not have really any good centers last year. Wouldn't be surprised if O'brien is moved to wing because they moved him there last game of tournament. Next years centers could be Brown, Skoog, Amonte, Zabaneh/Greene/ Stevens.

Comment

• No doubt there are strange things going on. Bazin losing a couple really good players. Carvel losing a couple key players too...
                  BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• AOC, the OG AOC, is a great recruiter, always has been. He looks a bit over his ski’s as head coach, but we’ll see. Doesn’t come across as a confident, competent leader I’d follow into battle, but I hope for his sake, the new BU players prove me wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      Interesting. Didn’t Greg Carvel say he had a conversation with Bazin and Bazin said he was going to BC?
                      Yep. Although he didn't say a name. He just said "best player". Still very odd for an opposing coach to mention that when nothing was official. Maybe he meant to say BU instead of BC.

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post

Seems there was a rather large exodus from Lowell this offseason, unclear why from the outside.
                        Artie is retiring:-)
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
                          No doubt there are strange things going on. Bazin losing a couple really good players. Carvel losing a couple key players too...
                          Is Carvel losing more than Zac Jones in terms of key players? Seems like everyone else was a senior and Carvel has said several times that UMass is not providing additional scholarship money for the 5th year guys.

That being said - it seems like BU IS providing that scholarship money but I'd like to see them maybe grab a portal guy or two? I'm concerned that Albie's results and lack of great player development are going to hurt the ability to get these guys in "free agency".

Edit - I just saw that Matt Brown is coming to BU. That does change things a bit but it makes me wonder what happened at BC - seemed like that was obviously his first choice.
                          Last edited by joen05; 04-20-2021, 10:05 AM.

BU Alum '07

Comment

• Originally posted by joen05 View Post

Is Carvel losing more than Zac Jones in terms of key players? Seems like everyone else was a senior and Carvel has said several times that UMass is not providing additional scholarship money for the 5th year guys.

That being said - it seems like BU IS providing that scholarship money but I'd like to see them maybe grab a portal guy or two? I'm concerned that Albie's results and lack of great player development are going to hurt the ability to get these guys in "free agency".

Edit - I just saw that Matt Brown is coming to BU. That does change things a bit but it makes me wonder what happened at BC - seemed like that was obviously his first choice.
                            Do you have a source on this?

if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post

Do you have a source on this?
                              I probably should have worded that differently - it just seemed that all reports were that he was going to BC.

BU Alum '07

Comment

• Yes, I believe it was Mark Divver who said BC was the "frontrunner" for Brown but who the hell really knows what is going on behind the scenes. Hell, John Buccigross reported Cruikshank to BC and he had to be corrected by Cruikshank himself.

Comment

Working...
                                X