Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2020-21 Season: The Road to … Nowhere?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

I thought he came to BU directly from St. John's Prep?
    No, I heard Parker state that they made a year in the USHL a requirement for him. He'd been a multi sport athlete at SJP. They wanted him to devote a year to hockey.
    if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post

John McCarthy?
      Does anyone else only hear John McCarthy's name in Gary Thorne's voice or is that just me? *smilie*

"I think McCarthy! There were three Terriers..." #ZachCohenMakesIt3-2
      It Happened!!!!

Comment

• And regarding UMass.... There #1 line was 24, 24, and 25. Do you really see BU going in that direction? Do you really want BU to go in that direction?
        It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
          And regarding UMass.... There #1 line was 24, 24, and 25. Do you really see BU going in that direction? Do you really want BU to go in that direction?
          Do you want to win? I'm not saying I want BC and BU to have a team full of them, but I think they both clearly need to mix in more older, mature players. If you have a team full of 18-20 year olds against a team full of older players well, I think we are seeing what happens.
          The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
          BC - 12
          BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

peter macarthur may have been the last decent one, eh?
            Chris Connelly. 55 points in 59 games in his pre-BU USHL season. 129 points as a Terrier including 30 as a freshman on the third line. Two-time captain. And the secondary assist on Colby's OT GWG.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...chris-connolly
            The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Grand Forks Herald reports that Matthew Galajda, Cornell's outstanding goalie, has transferred to Notre Dame. I appreciate that others may have posted this transfer, already. While scanning the list, I notice there have been many transfers from the Ivies.
              if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• One reason for the Ivy transfers is that the Ivy's don't allow 5 year players.

Here's a link to the entire portal. Fire up your flux capacitor!

https://www.grandforksherald.com/spo...transfer-board

It Happened!!!!

Comment

And regarding UMass.... There #1 line was 24, 24, and 25. Do you really see BU going in that direction? Do you really want BU to go in that direction?
                  We weren't complaining when Matt Gilroy was winning the Hobey and a NC....

What I want is a coach who can find his *** with both hands. Let's take care of that first and then see if we need to go the older player route. Albie would have coached the Red Army team to a first round loss.
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

One reason for the Ivy transfers is that the Ivy's don't allow 5 year players.
                    The Ivy League is allowing 5th year players for next season only.

Ivy League allowing one-time waiver for grad students to play in 2021-22 due to COVID-19 pandemic

Sean

Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                    Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                    BU Hockey highlights and extras
                    NCAA Hockey Financials
                    Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                    I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• Originally posted by Cross Check View Post

Do you want to win? I'm not saying I want BC and BU to have a team full of them, but I think they both clearly need to mix in more older, mature players. If you have a team full of 18-20 year olds against a team full of older players well, I think we are seeing what happens.
                      You have to be careful though. You can't get too good of an older player because then they are still gone after a year like Miles Wood or two years like Mike Hardman. Finding the right mix and being able to do it year after year after year is not easy these days.

Comment

• Nashville Predators acquire defenseman Erik Gudbranson from Ottawa Senators in exchange for defenseman Brandon Fortunato and 2023 seventh-round draft pick.

Comment

• I see that Hank Crone is on the move again.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

peter macarthur may have been the last decent one, eh?
                            You guys must be getting old and forgetful. Bobo was a pretty good player, right? Bowers, Kotkansalo, Patrick Curry.

Earlier this season, several people were talking about how it had been years since we had a decent goalie like Commesso. Meant to post this back then, but it seems like everyone forgot about Jake and it had only been one season.

Comment

• Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post

You guys must be getting old and forgetful. Bobo was a pretty good player, right? Bowers, Kotkansalo, Patrick Curry.

Earlier this season, several people were talking about how it had been years since we had a decent goalie like Commesso. Meant to post this back then, but it seems like everyone forgot about Jake and it had only been one season.
                              About time you noticed.

Comment

• Originally posted by srsterrier View Post
                                I see that Hank Crone is on the move again.
                                Put him on a line with Jake Wise.

Comment

Working...
                                X