Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2020-21 Season: The Road to … Nowhere?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm kinda bummed about Quercia.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      I'm kinda bummed about Quercia.
      Same here. Frankly, I'm quite surprised.

Even with Cockerill, Amonte, Kaufman returning next season, I expected Quercia to assume a more formal leadership role. By all accounts I've heard Quercia has been a solid teammate who seemingly accepted and embraced his role as a bottom-6 forward. Makes you wonder if there's a disconnect between Quercia and Albie regarding his role on the team, ice time, etc. that was wide enough that resulted in Quercia transferring.
      Last edited by Friend_of_BU_Hockey; 04-08-2021, 12:41 PM.

Comment

• Farrance making his NHL debut for the Predators vs. Detroit tonight, filling in for Fabbro who is out of the line-up. Have to wait a while for a second All-Terrier D pairing.
        https://twitter.com/PredsNHL/status/...569810436?s=20
        The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          I'm kinda bummed about Quercia.
          Definitely agree. He’s the type of player this team needs. Hard working on the ice and great penalty killer. Would have been a great senior leader even if just by example. Just when you’re trying to build a team with more older players, we lose good one. Don’t know what happened here.

Comment

• Originally posted by BU93 View Post

Definitely agree. He’s the type of player this team needs. Hard working on the ice and great penalty killer. Would have been a great senior leader even if just by example. Just when you’re trying to build a team with more older players, we lose good one. Don’t know what happened here.
            I have to think that Albie's obvious deficiencies as a coach are a factor. If we're not expecting any improvement out of him, why should the players feel any different?
            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• What a FF for UMass. Congratulations to that team - great complete hockey. The OT against UMD was a clinic. Relentless pressure from a group that has skill and really wanted it. I’m hopeful we can play like that again someday. We had 2 wins against that team somehow? We were playing decently then as opposed to the last few weeks of the season.

Looking at at the rosters of UMass and St Cloud - not one USNDP alumni in the game. In fact only 1 in the entire FF (on UMD). Coincidence?

Comment

What a FF for UMass. Congratulations to that team - great complete hockey. The OT against UMD was a clinic. Relentless pressure from a group that has skill and really wanted it. I’m hopeful we can play like that again someday. We had 2 wins against that team somehow? We were playing decently then as opposed to the last few weeks of the season.

Looking at at the rosters of UMass and St Cloud - not one USNDP alumni in the game. In fact only 1 in the entire FF (on UMD). Coincidence?
                Keys:
                1. Experience and age. Those final four teams are older and that’s huge. St. Cloud had 8 players born in 1996 which is Jack Eichels birth year. Umass had an experience team as well. They don’t get too many blue chips but very good players that stick around for 4 years.

2. Coaching. Team had an identify and common goal and they worked and worked. They just wanted it more and it showed. It was a joy to watch.

3. NTDP on average aren’t staying four years or even 3. The younger teams/blue bloods are struggling against teams that are full of players that are 6-8 yrs older.

Comment

• Yes - it was a joy to watch. As opposed to watching BU at times which is akin to being in the dentist chair.

I think we need to stay away from the NTDP unless it’s a legit freshman 30 + point scorer or goalie (their goalies usually turn out to be great players) There seems to be enough talent out of the junior leagues these days to put together consistent contenders and it will make the team stronger and more experienced year after year. I know - broken record, but just more evidence this weekend.

Comment

• all y'all sound like quinny :-)
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• UMass' forechecking was outstanding in the NCAAs.
                      Remember when BU was noted for its forechecking? May have to go back to the Parker Era for that.

Comment

Yes - it was a joy to watch. As opposed to watching BU at times which is akin to being in the dentist chair.

I think we need to stay away from the NTDP unless it’s a legit freshman 30 + point scorer or goalie (their goalies usually turn out to be great players) There seems to be enough talent out of the junior leagues these days to put together consistent contenders and it will make the team stronger and more experienced year after year. I know - broken record, but just more evidence this weekend.
                        The problem is not with the development team players. It is how we fill in the rest of the roster. Our performance in the graduate transfer area has been poor compared
                        to other teams like UMass who filled in with key performers. Also some of our USHL choices have been questionable

Comment

• ... and then a kid like Quercia (the type you’d expect to stay 4 years) voluntarily leaves the program. Not good.

Comment

• Originally posted by DLG View Post
                            Also some of our USHL choices have been questionable
                            peter macarthur may have been the last decent one, eh?
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

peter macarthur may have been the last decent one, eh?
                              John McCarthy?
                              if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post

John McCarthy?
                                I thought he came to BU directly from St. John's Prep?

Comment

Working...
                                X