Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2020-21 Season: The Road to … Nowhere?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd really like to get away from the 'it's gotta be a BU guy' approach. Hire the best person willing to take the job. Ideally that would be Carvel/Bazin/Leaman. I don't have any particular BU alums in mind.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by cridge View Post

Sullivan will probably be lingering around the NHL for a couple years if fired. Plus, I doubt BU would want to hire him if he is coming right from the NHL as a head coach. Is Steve Greeley still a part of the Sabres? I remember they cleaned house at one point and was not sure if he was a part of it. I remember last year when John Hynes was fired I thought he could be next. But he is with the Preds . Guessing the next coach will be in the BU family. If it's not though, I want keefe. Can't see him run for the NHL.
      Greeley was axed last spring as part of the Sabres' wholesale purge. This having been given a contract extension a few weeks prior (reportedly).

I've wondered, recently, what he's been doing. Seems like he'd be a nice candidate, but he left BU when given the opportunity. Was he an even better recruiter than Albie? I haven't done the metrics, but he left prior to the 2015-16 season. Does that mean he was responsible for the success that carried through the 2017-18 season?

1. Has his NHL career been tarred by his association with the Buffalo clown show? He was only there 2 years (approx).
      2. Will his departure from BU to the NHL eliminate him from consideration?

Mike Sullivan? Certainly, he can coach. But, he's been away from the college game for 30+ seasons.

Given the extraordinary circumstances of the season, I can't see BU firing Albie.

if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
        Does Albie get the respect of the room as when a Bazin/Leaman/Carvel walk into the room?
        I don't know if anything has changed in the past few years, but it certainly appeared that he had full support of the players when he was first hired.

Comment

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post

Greeley was axed last spring as part of the Sabres' wholesale purge. This having been given a contract extension a few weeks prior (reportedly).

I've wondered, recently, what he's been doing. Seems like he'd be a nice candidate, but he left BU when given the opportunity. Was he an even better recruiter than Albie? I haven't done the metrics, but he left prior to the 2015-16 season. Does that mean he was responsible for the success that carried through the 2017-18 season?

1. Has his NHL career been tarred by his association with the Buffalo clown show? He was only there 2 years (approx).
          2. Will his departure from BU to the NHL eliminate him from consideration?

Mike Sullivan? Certainly, he can coach. But, he's been away from the college game for 30+ seasons.

Given the extraordinary circumstances of the season, I can't see BU firing Albie.

IMO, Greeley's drawback is he has zero head coaching experience. His strengths are recruiting and player evaluation. The biggest deficiency with BU Hockey at this point is in-game coaching, game planning, and player development. I'm not sure someone of Greeley's hockey background could wholly address these shortcomings in a HC role.

I think next season could potentially be make-or-break for Albie at BU and perhaps even as a D-1 HC. I think most people around the program (myself included) really want to see him succeed, but have legit concerns whether he has the right competencies to be successful at a program like BU.

Comment

• If the rangers end up firing Quinn I personally think he will want to come back to BU and I hope BU wants him back

National
            Organization of
            Men
            Against
            Amazonian
            Masterhood

Comment

• They probably couldn’t afford him.

Jake Wise now going to Ohio State.

Comment

• Mrs. Bavis passed away.

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/bo...024&fhid=15211

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  They probably couldn’t afford him.
                  I don't think a fired NHL coach (should he become one) is in a position to demand a high salary. He couldn't turn down the money from the Rangers, even if they fire him, he is set for life. The question would be - does he think he can coach in the NHL, or would he prefer a second opportunity (if BU wanted to go that route) to do the job he always wanted.

I hope he doesn't get fired, I suppose he will eventually, as do all but a very select few coaches. But if he did, I would welcome him back. I am not forgetting the frustrations we had with him once he didn't have Eichel doing all the hard work. But I think he would know enough to have the right guys under him.

Now, if you ask me - would I prefer Quinn to Leaman or Carvel...that would be an intriguing dilemma.
                  BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Don't think BU should consider Quinn if it becomes an option. BU should look west for a coach that has proven himself. It is easier to recruit at BU then most other schools.

Comment

• via Scott Powers from the athletic -----" Blackhawks defenseman prospect Alex Vlasic will return to Boston University for his junior season and will wait to turn pro, according to a source. Vlasic was unsure recently what he would decide to do after his college season.

Vlasic is expected to be Boston’s top defenseman next season. By returning to school, Vlasic does probably hold some leverage with the Blackhawks. It wouldn’t be surprising if he signed his entry-level contract after his season next year, joined the Blackhawks right away and burned the first year of his NHL contract."

Comment

• Originally posted by meauxmo View Post
                        Don't think BU should consider Quinn if it becomes an option. BU should look west for a coach that has proven himself. It is easier to recruit at BU then most other schools.
                        Look West? Never will happen. NEVER.

Comment

• Maybe he meant western Mass

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            Maybe he meant western Mass
                            Off the top of my head, I believe Maine is the only DI college hockey program east of BU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Bundy View Post
                              If the rangers end up firing Quinn I personally think he will want to come back to BU and I hope BU wants him back
                              I had plenty of issues with Quinn's coaching and a lot of those issues are the same as with Albie. Based on results, however, he seems to be the much better option. So if he's available, I think we should try to get him back.

I don't really get the obsession with Leaman or Bazin. They had a few good years, but they haven't shown much the past couple of seasons. I'd prefer to not be perennially ranked #12 - #20 in the pairwise (mediocre).

Comment

• Given what PC and UML were before those guys arrived, that 12-20 PWR ranking is pretty damn good. The thinking is what could those guys do with the talent pool BU usually gets players from.

Comment

Working...
                                X