Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2020-21 Season: The Road to … Nowhere?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farkas had an unbelievable handle, one of the best ever. I played golf with him a few years ago and we shared memories of the game. It was an absolute snipe. Very good guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post

37th goal of the year. Mercy.
      I believe he had two 4-goal games that season. One against BC, don't recall who the other was against. What a treat he was to watch - the best combination of skill and determination I've seeing my years following BU Hockey.
      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post

Technically 4-2 as Gionta had an ENG quite literally at the buzzer. I didn't even realize BC trailed going into the 3rd in that one. But that game was tight as heck and Farkas had a dazzling rush up the ice from his own blue line with a few minutes left to play to win it. You never see a replay of that one anywhere and it was an absolutely brilliant one-man effort and snipe. BC needs to get out the old footage from the archive.

Sean, you're right, 2-days for that old regional format. Derp.
        I was thinking Farkas had an impact in that game. He was a player.
        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post

I was thinking Farkas had an impact in that game. He was a player.
          He was a terrific college player.

Perhaps, the BC guys can respond.

I have a vague memory that Jerry York had a "Jeff Farkas Drill" while he was at BC; some kind of punishment exercise?

if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
            I believe he had two 4-goal games that season. One against BC, don't recall who the other was against. What a treat he was to watch - the best combination of skill and determination I've seeing my years following BU Hockey.
            Drury only had one 4-goal game that season, vs BC on 11 Dec 1996. His other 4-goal game came the season before vs Merrimack on 9 Dec 1995 (his first hat trick). He did have 2 other hat tricks during 1996-97: 1 Nov 1996 vs UMass and 26 Nov 1996 vs Harvard. All three hat trick his junior season were at WBA.

Sean

Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
            Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
            BU Hockey highlights and extras
            NCAA Hockey Financials
            Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
            I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
              He was a terrific college player.
              BU and BC played 4 times during the 1999-2000 season. The Terriers were able to keep Farkas to only 3 assists in the first three games, but in the regular season finale he broke out and scored a hat trick to lead the Eagles to a 6-2 victory at Conte Forum.

Sean

Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
              Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
              BU Hockey highlights and extras
              NCAA Hockey Financials
              Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
              I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• Fitzie was the ref in the BC Maine HE final somewhere back in early 2000. 1-1 game with less than 30 seconds left , Ozone faceoff for Maine, Walsh calls a TO, sets up a draw back to Niko, Larose pulls Matteau down with his stick, incredible non call. Nike goes around the prone Matteau and scores with a second left. That was a time when there was only one ref on the ice and no replay but it was among the worse non calls I have every seen. Every one in the Garden expected a call. That was the last game I ever saw him ref. That one left a mark.
                Last edited by DNAEagle; 03-22-2021, 08:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
                  Fitzie was the ref in the BC Maine HE final somewhere back in early 2000. 1-1 game with less than 30 seconds left , Ozone faceoff for Maine, Walsh calls a TO, sets up a draw back to Niko, Larose pulls Matteau down with his stick, incredible non call. Maine scores with a second left. That was a time when there was only one ref on the ice and no reply but it was among the worse no non calls I have every seen. Every one in the Garden expected a call. That was the last game I ever saw him ref. That one left a mark.
                  I can't remember what I did on Thursday, but this I can see vividly. It was truly a horrendous non-call. Can you imagine the epic nutty Walsh would have thrown if the roles were reversed?
                  It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    Was it Rover? ha. Or maybe Limey?
                    Don't think it was me. I was watching that game at my parents house and then left to drive an hour plus back to Boston, and when I got back to my apartment the game was still on!

For these playoffs, if we can get past the St Cloud Stoners (a big IF) and take out BC I will take back most of what I said about Albie this year and personally treat him to the all you can eat buffet at a Golden Corral of his choice with a 24 hour limit on how long he can spend there.
                    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• As long as we're going down regional memory lane and an all you can eat buffet, Sandwichgate was good for a few laughs. I forget the year but you guys will know what I am talking about.

Comment

• We're approaching the 20th anniversary of Walsh's last game. There will never be another Shawn Walsh. An absolutely shame that he left this earth early. I hated the man when he was coaching but looking back now, can you imagine what he would have given us as simple "college hockey fans" over the past 20 years?
                        Originally posted by reBlur
                        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post

Is anyone going? *smilie*
                          I’m going!

Comment

As long as we're going down regional memory lane and an all you can eat buffet, Sandwichgate was good for a few laughs. I forget the year but you guys will know what I am talking about.
                            Not sure of the year, but I believe Harvard was in that regional.

Comment

As long as we're going down regional memory lane and an all you can eat buffet, Sandwichgate was good for a few laughs. I forget the year but you guys will know what I am talking about.
                              As I recall, Jack said "Turkey and lettuce on wheat. Very healthy".

if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• You are both correct:

https://www.thecrimson.com/article/2...ivalry-on-and/

Comment

Working...
                                X