Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2020-21 Season: The Road to … Nowhere?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Lawrence in the mini-ECAC final. Yikes!

Comment

• Ha, there were only 3 teams in that tournament.

Comment

• With the Northern Michigan victory BU chances have diminished but they should still make the tourney

However, this year the committee has much more discretion than in previous years where the pairwise selected the teams
        As a result coaches and others are opening lobbying the committee. Both Leaman (Prov) and Carle (Denver) mentioned it in their post game pressers

Is Bu lobbying the group? Do O'connell and the athletic director have enough stature/juice to even be noticed
        If Quinn were still the coach I think BU chances would be higher-
        Politics seemed to have been a factor in the women's tourney selections

Comment

• Originally posted by DLG View Post
          With the Northern Michigan victory BU chances have diminished but they should still make the tourney

However, this year the committee has much more discretion than in previous years where the pairwise selected the teams
          As a result coaches and others are opening lobbying the committee. Both Leaman (Prov) and Carle (Denver) mentioned it in their post game pressers

Is Bu lobbying the group? Do O'connell and the athletic director have enough stature/juice to even be noticed
          If Quinn were still the coach I think BU chances would be higher-
          Politics seemed to have been a factor in the women's tourney selections
          That's really not true. BU is far from the last team in at this point.

The postgame presser lobbying is childish and stupid. Both PC and DU have much worse arguments than BU. DU is 10-13. If you're lobbying in the press, that usually means you don't have much of a shot.

BU is 3-1 against the two Hockey East "locks" and 5-2 against the top half of the league. While our play the past few weeks has been bad, our resume remains stronger than nearly all "bubble" teams.

A whole lot of very bad analysis in this thread.
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Don't know who the last 4 at large are right now, but there still are 4 potential bid stealers tomorrow:

Canisius
            St. Lawrence
            UML
            NMU

Highly unlikely all 4 win. Even then I haven't concluded who would be left out. I will leave that to you guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              Don't know who the last 4 at large are right now, but there still are 4 potential bid stealers tomorrow:

Canisius
              St. Lawrence
              UML
              NMU

Highly unlikely all 4 win. Even then I haven't concluded who would be left out. I will leave that to you guys.
              If all 4 of the above win, then BU is in trouble. 3, maybe a small sweat. 2 or below, we're fine.
              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Even if all 4 win that leaves 12 spots and I think BU is fine. Probably a 3 seed in a bracket.

Comment

• Fifty years ago today, BU defeated Minnesota, 4-2, in the Syracuse War Memorial Auditorium, for its first NCAA championship after six previous trips to the Frozen Four. Two goals for Captain Steve Stirling and 32 saves for MOP Dan Brady. Stirling, Brady and Bob Brown made up half of the Eastern All-American team. BU finished 28-2-1 and the 1.91 team GAA remains the program record. So is the 40.2 power play percentage (66 of 164). More PPGs than total goals allowed (60).
                  http://terrierhockey.blogspot.com/20...h-back-bu.html

Video highlights Check out the tiny goal pads on Brady and Erickson.
                  The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Interesting to see the equipment, and remember some of those BU players, Danby Stirling etc (ugh) and Dean Blais for Minnie. I like the more subdued celebrations after a goal, guys acting like they have done it before, rather than the Euro football histrionics.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                      Fifty years ago today, BU defeated Minnesota, 4-2, in the Syracuse War Memorial Auditorium, for its first NCAA championship...
                      I was still eight years away from watching hockey on TV, another year away from attending my first game (10 Feb 1980, Canadiens vs Bruins at the Garden. I went with a young lady and we sat in the last row of the west end balcony and the ice behind the goal line was not visible. Boston lost, 3-2, but my date was happy since she was a Montreal fan.), and 14 and 1/2 years away from attending my first BU game (1 Nov 1985, Maine vs BU. I went with another young lady and we sat on the glass next to the Maine bench. BU won, 4-1, and my date became my wife several years later.). I, of course, enjoyed the BU game much, much more than the Bruins game.

I'm not sure which I fell in love with more, my wife or college hockey. I went to all the BU road games east of the Great Lakes during the regular season and when the team went out west I either went to see games at Harvard if they were home (to see different teams) or up to Lowell, especially when they hosted WCHA teams. I also went to other games, like when NU hosted Alaska-Fairbanks and the Auld Lang Syne Tournament. I also went to the ECAC Tournament at the Garden and,NCAA games at Harvard when BU wasn't in the Hockey East and/or NCAA Tournaments.

Sean

Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                      Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                      BU Hockey highlights and extras
                      NCAA Hockey Financials
                      Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                      I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        Don't know who the last 4 at large are right now, but there still are 4 potential bid stealers tomorrow:

Canisius
                        St. Lawrence
                        UML
                        NMU

One down.

Comment

• In order for BU to not get in, the committee would have to find three teams on this list more deserving than BU. Not happening.

(place finished in league)

Bemidji 15-9-3 (4)

BU 10-4-1 (2)

Denver lol 10-13 (5)

Omaha 14-10-1 (4)

PC 11-8-5 (5)

Bowling Green 20-10-1 (2)

Notre Dame 14-13-2 (4)
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• You guys are in

Comment

• CHN'S bracket projection--taking into account tonight's conference championship games--has BU as the #3 seed in the Northeast regional, facing #2 seed Wisconsin.

Fargo
                              1. North Dakota vs. 4. St. Lawrence
                              2. Minnesota State vs. 3. Minnesota-Duluth

Loveland
                              1. Minnesota vs. 4. Omaha
                              2. St. Cloud State vs 3. Lake Superior

Bridgeport
                              1. Boston College vs. 4. American International
                              2. Michigan vs. 3. Quinnipiac

Albany
                              1. Massachusetts vs. 4. Providence
                              2. Wisconsin vs. 3. Boston University

FWIW, USCHO's bracketology--done two days ago--offered two scenarios. In one, BU is the #3 seed in Bridgeport, facing #2 seed St. Cloud. In the other, BU is a #4, facing #1 seed Minnesota in Loveland, Colorado.
                              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                                CHN'S bracket projection--taking into account tonight's conference championship games--has BU as the #3 seed in the Northeast regional, facing #2 seed Wisconsin.

Fargo
                                1. North Dakota vs. 4. St. Lawrence
                                2. Minnesota State vs. 3. Minnesota-Duluth

Loveland
                                1. Minnesota vs. 4. Omaha
                                2. St. Cloud State vs 3. Lake Superior

Bridgeport
                                1. Boston College vs. 4. American International
                                2. Michigan vs. 3. Quinnipiac

Albany
                                1. Massachusetts vs. 4. Providence
                                2. Wisconsin vs. 3. Boston University

FWIW, USCHO's bracketology--done two days ago--offered two scenarios. In one, BU is the #3 seed in Bridgeport, facing #2 seed St. Cloud. In the other, BU is a #4, facing #1 seed Minnesota in Loveland, Colorado.
                                SLU winning actually helped bump us up since they must be a 4 seed, AIC is pretty solid as a 4 seed and the two other at-larges from the PC, UML, Omaha, Denver, Notre Dame, Bowling Green pool will not be a 3 seed above us.
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X