Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2020-21 Season: The Road to … Nowhere?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post

I can't believe it's been 15 years....
    Just yesterday I read that Brian Boyle still wants to play. He's staying in shape and he's ready to go.
    It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Farrance makes the Hobey Top 10.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

Let's say UML beats BC tonight and goes on to win HE. Didn't they say that Conference Champs get an autobid? If so, Lowell gets in. BC and UMass are locks. I don't see the NCAA taking 4 Hockey East schools. Could be wrong. Also, I don't think UML gets by BC tonight but because BU needs them not to, the chance remains that it will happen. So...not a lock in my opinion. Close to one, but not 100%.
        The one time I root for BC to win and they screw me over. *sigh*

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

The one time I root for BC to win and they screw me over. *sigh*
          Time to hop on the Umass train. BU is in trouble.

Comment

• Originally posted by cridge View Post

Time to hop on the Umass train. BU is in trouble.
            One could argue that the Lowell loss now looks better.

Having said that. Go Minutemen!
            It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post

One could argue that the Lowell loss now looks better.

Having said that. Go Minutemen!
              I was just thinking that. BU only coughed up a 1 goal lead!

Comment

• If Umass wins HE then no big deal. BC, Umass and BU get in. If UML wins it will get interesting as BC is a lock and UML gets autobid. That leaves Umass/BU for one spot and you could can make a case that BU should get the spot over Umass since BU finished higher than Umass in hockey East and also swept them. Committee may take 4 hockey East teams too.

Comment

• Difference between UMass and BU getting second and third was razor thin. If UMass hadn’t blown the two goal lead or if UML had won the last game in regulation, the teams might have switched. Keeping that in mind, I’d be interested to see the HEPI with the post season results factored in. I’d think UMass beating two teams higher ranked than seventh and BU losing to the seventh team in regulation at home might flip the two.
                  #NewMass

Comment

• I was making the BU over UMass argument a couple weeks ago, but the results since then have solidified that UMass will absolutely go before BU. The head-to-head starts to lose it's importance as one team marches on to the HE championship game while the other struggles against Merrimack and #7 UML.
                    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
                      I was making the BU over UMass argument a couple weeks ago, but the results since then have solidified that UMass will absolutely go before BU. The head-to-head starts to lose it's importance as one team marches on to the HE championship game while the other struggles against Merrimack and #7 UML.
                      Recency bias.

UMass was 1-4 against BU and BC. BU is 3-1 against UMass and BC. Both teams have a loss to Merrimack.

That's not to say UMass isn't playing much better hockey than BU right now - they most certainly are. But as far as selecting at-large teams to the tournament you must consider the full season.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Unless I am missing something I haven't seen anyone say BU is a bubble team other than some of you guys! I get it, setting yourself up to not be disappointed but you're in the tournament. HE is getting at least three and there is a chance for 4. If Lowell wins, PC is probably out--not BU.

Comment

• Having said that, IF (not happening) it was only two from HE it would be BC and UMass.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            Having said that, IF (not happening) it was only two from HE it would be BC and UMass.
                            I agree that would the committee would do but I would love to hear the rationale since BU swept Umass head to head and finished ahead of them in Hockey East. The UML/Umass game will make it very interesting if UML wins. UML/bc are locks then..Umass then probably...does committee take BU as 4th HE team?

Committee notes:
                            go ahead Umass - well we made it to hockey East finals and have a 15-6-4 record, 3rd place in HE, 7th ranking in uscho.

go ahead BU - well we went 10-4-1, finished ahead of Umass in 2nd place in hockey East and beat them both games head to head and are ranked 9th in uscho.

Last edited by Lemonade; 03-18-2021, 03:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post

I agree that would the committee would do but I would love to hear the rationale since BU swept Umass head to head and finished ahead of them in Hockey East. The UML/Umass game will make it very interesting if UML wins. UML/bc are locks then..Umass then probably...does committee take BU as 4th HE team?

Committee notes:
                              go ahead Umass - well we made it to hockey East finals and have a 15-6-4 record, 3rd place in HE, 7th ranking in uscho.

go ahead BU - well we went 10-4-1, finished ahead of Umass in 2nd place in hockey East and beat them both games head to head and are ranked 9th in uscho.
                              Tough to look at it in a vacuum like this. The committee takes the 6 autobids + the 10 most deserving teams. It's less of "should we take 4 teams from league X" so much as "who is the next most deserving team." With there being no OOC games, they do have to consider general league strength.

BU appears to be in a fairly strong position to get in.
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post

Oh, you must be new here.
                                I’m well aware of that game. I remember throwing stuff around my apartment watching in helpless frustration. The point is we play better against that kind and style of opponent. We don’t match well with the older, physical heavy teams right now. Anyway, it’s about time we returned the favor from that experience, don’t you think?

Comment

Working...
                                X