Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2020-21 Season: The Road to … Nowhere?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
    Did anyone else watch the Big Ten and/or NCHC Finals last night? Breath-taking hockey all around. Lots of fans at the Ralph which had me concerned and jealous at the same time.

BU Hockey: One More Kick at the Can?
    Honestly, I don't think any Hockey East team can stay within 3 goals of ND or Minnesota. The Big Ten/NCHC are at a different level this year.

Comment

• We kinda need to root for BC today, correct?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        We kinda need to root for BC today, correct?
        Ideal situation is either BC or Umass wins Hockey East.

Comment

• Oh, and Cole Caufield as scored 28 goals. Unreal, given the abbreviated schedule and familiar foes. Has BU as a team scored 28 goals this season?
          It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
            Did anyone else watch the Big Ten and/or NCHC Finals last night? Breath-taking hockey all around. Lots of fans at the Ralph which had me concerned and jealous at the same time.

BU Hockey: One More Kick at the Can?
            ND looked very good. Would hate to see BU go out to Fargo, but would also enjoy watching BU play ND. Would be a big reality check and possibly a long game for BU.

Comment

• I think you guys are nuts. Check out the bubble teams. Having to decide between an under .500 Denver, Providence etc. BU is in and I don't think they are going west either. Committee wants to limit travel and I think BU easily slides into either Bridgeport or Albany as a 3 seed.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                I think you guys are nuts. Check out the bubble teams. Having to decide between an under .500 Denver, Providence etc. BU is in and I don't think they are going west either. Committee wants to limit travel and I think BU easily slides into either Bridgeport or Albany as a 3 seed.
                Let's say UML beats BC tonight and goes on to win HE. Didn't they say that Conference Champs get an autobid? If so, Lowell gets in. BC and UMass are locks. I don't see the NCAA taking 4 Hockey East schools. Could be wrong. Also, I don't think UML gets by BC tonight but because BU needs them not to, the chance remains that it will happen. So...not a lock in my opinion. Close to one, but not 100%.

Comment

Didn't they say that Conference Champs get an autobid?
                  The conference tournament champion always receives the autobid in hockey.
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• The issue is still with the other bubble teams though. Denver has a case to be made ahead of Omaha but Denver also has a losing record. Providence would be on the bubble but BU is ahead of them in the conference rankings. I don't see any of those teams being picked ahead of BU. I suppose if there is total chaos where UML wins HE, NMU wins WCHA, Canisius wins Atlantic and Colgate/SLU wins the ECAC...

Comment

• Originally posted by BU93 View Post

I wouldn’t mind us playing BC in a regional final. At least we know the team will play hard and with effort. I think we match up well against them frankly.
                      Oh, you must be new here.

Comment

• Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post

Oh, you must be new here.
                        This is quite possibly the best post you've ever made. ::inserting several thumbs up emojis::

Happy St. Patrick's Day from the Boston University Band!

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          The issue is still with the other bubble teams though. Denver has a case to be made ahead of Omaha but Denver also has a losing record. Providence would be on the bubble but BU is ahead of them in the conference rankings. I don't see any of those teams being picked ahead of BU. I suppose if there is total chaos where UML wins HE, NMU wins WCHA, Canisius wins Atlantic and Colgate/SLU wins the ECAC...
                          Without winning the HE autobid, PC has no case over BU. BU finished 2nd, PC 5th. They split the season series - and PC's win was BU's first game of the season and PC's 9th, so that devalues PC's win. Against the other 4 teams in the top half of HE, PC is 3-6-2 BU is 5-2. Yes, BU played like garbage for the past 3-4 weeks but results are results.

It's also ridiculous to think a 10-13-1 team has an at-large shot over a 10-4-1 team.
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

This is quite possibly the best post you've ever made. ::inserting several thumbs up emojis::

To be said in the same tone with which you asked "How did I not know that Kevin Shattenkirk was a Duck?" - How the heck did I not know that this happened!? (Thanks for sharing.)
                            It Happened!!!!

Comment

Let's say UML beats BC tonight and goes on to win HE. Didn't they say that Conference Champs get an autobid? If so, Lowell gets in. BC and UMass are locks. I don't see the NCAA taking 4 Hockey East schools. Could be wrong. Also, I don't think UML gets by BC tonight but because BU needs them not to, the chance remains that it will happen. So...not a lock in my opinion. Close to one, but not 100%.
                              BC is a lock and if UML wins HE they would be in. I think you can make a case that BU deserves it over UMASS. BU finished higher in hockey east and swept UMASS. That should end the debate I would think...although UMASS is slightly higher in polls...finished higher/beat them twice. Not saying BU is a lock but they should be in.

Comment

I can't believe it's been 15 years....

Comment

Working...
                                X