Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2020-21 Season: The Road to … Nowhere?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of the worst efforts I’ve seen from a BU team in a long time. Commesso played ok, but no one else did. Could hardly get a puck to the net and when we had looks, we missed the net. 2 SOG in the 3rd period of a tie game tells the story. Looked like a DIII team out there today. I could probably go on for hours about this game, but I’ll end it with that comment.

I guess we’ll make the NCAA tournament, but who knows. More subjectivity will come into play this year, and if this was the last thing the committee has on their mind, they may pick someone else, especially if someone other than BC or UMass win the tournament.

Comment

• I know this season was like no other, and BU had it as tough an anyone. That said, whatever the team had through the first 10-11 games, they just never got back. Maybe it had to do with Cockerill's injury. If you didn't know the records and which team has all the NHL draft picks, anyone who watched the last two games would have bet good money it was UML. These two games had a Varsity vs. JV look to them. If UML could put the puck on net more today, they could have won 7-1. It was that ugly.
      - Fensore is a turnover machine. Every time he decides to try to go coast to coast, he loses it entering the zone and the other team gets an odd-man break. He is looking a lot more like Fortunato then Farrance at this point.
      - Speaking of Farrance, he is not going to make it at any level off pro hockey if he doesn't hustle in the defensive zone. There was a play where the UML forward got past him on the boards, so the other d had to come over to take him, and Farrance just glided down the boards, made no attempt to get to the middle, and lo and behold, a UML forward ends up wide open in front of the net, but thankfully missed on his shot.
      - Just so many turnovers. Many of the maddening variety.
      - Coaching has me concerned - in two games we couldn't figure out how to get a breakout against UML's forecheck. Like last game, it seemed the possession was 80-20% UML.
      - The only player who looked really good today was Peterson, after several games of not being noticeable at all. Tuch looked ok - he at least takes the body every shift.

I suppose this team could get an NCAA bid, but anyone who watched this game, I can't see them voting to put them in. They are just not playing good hockey.
      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Goalie showed up and no one else (other than Peterson) They should get an at large bid but they need to be way better offensively if they have any hope of winning a game. UML dominated that game. Albie should have demanded agganis open to play on the larger sheet.
        Last edited by Lemonade; 03-14-2021, 02:39 PM.

Comment

• Instead of demanding that Agganis be open, maybe he should have demanded his team show some heart and desire to win a one and done game. What the hell would playing in Agganis have done?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Instead of demanding that Agganis be open, maybe he should have demanded his team show some heart and desire to win a one and done game. What the hell would playing in Agganis have done?
            Much larger ice sheet allows for more speed and skills and stretches ice. The smaller rink sets up perfectly for UML style of play.

Comment

• I blame Lemonade. They are 0-2 since he argued they were the best team in Hockey East and went on his "If BU wins" hypotheticals.
              Originally posted by reBlur
              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post

Much larger ice sheet allows for more speed and skills and stretches ice. The smaller rink sets up perfectly for UML style of play.
                5 extra feet of width on the ice wouldn't have made a difference in this one.
                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post

5 extra feet of width on the ice wouldn't have made a difference in this one.

O'Connell: "The only time we've lost this year in regulation is at home. Might be a factor of I don't know that we're built for Walter Brown Arena, but at the same time we've won some games here too. There's no excuses."

"We've won [in small rinks] at Merrimack and UConn."

UML is a bad matchup. Every team has a team that they don’t match up well. Going into the game it seemed BU was underdog based on the last matchup and UML laid an *** kicking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                    I blame Lemonade. They are 0-2 since he argued they were the best team in Hockey East and went on his "If BU wins" hypotheticals.
                    If BU loses hypotheticals are now the rage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post

O'Connell: "The only time we've lost this year in regulation is at home. Might be a factor of I don't know that we're built for Walter Brown Arena, but at the same time we've won some games here too. There's no excuses."

"We've won [in small rinks] at Merrimack and UConn."

UML is a bad matchup. Every team has a team that they don’t match up well. Going into the game it seemed BU was underdog based on the last matchup and UML laid an *** kicking.
                      His quotes aren't wrong, they just only address a secondary problem. They lost today because of lazy and unprepared play coupled with a brutally low compete level. Lowell skated hard, played within themselves, positioned well, hustled, and wanted to win. BU may not match up well to Bazin's scheme (they never have) but that's not why they lost.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• They need much more than they've received from Skoog and Mastrosimone, aside from the big game he had two weeks ago. Aside from the faceoff stick twirl, I don't see much in Skoog.

No Wise today? Hmmm.
                        if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Isn't there supposed to be a highly paid BU employee behind the bench whose job it is to motivate and gameplan in exchange for hundreds of thousands of dollars a year? Asking for a friend.
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
                            Isn't there supposed to be a highly paid BU employee behind the bench whose job it is to motivate and gameplan in exchange for hundreds of thousands of dollars a year? Asking for a friend.
                            And you win the prize ... this team is so poorly coached ... no structure ... all free wheeling ... they won games in spite of albie not because .. pure talent and stellar goaltending for the most part some people are just meant to stay and do what they are good and successful at he is a great assistant master recruiter he just is not cut out for the HC position for a boatload of reasons great guy .. really good human being just a bad head coach

I’ll say as I have said before I thin the allure of the position was much greater for him than the reality of what it really all entails that goes way beyond just what happens behind the bench

Comment

• That GWG for Lowell was a disaster. Commesso and two dmen back there and I don't know who was at fault but that never should have happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                That GWG for Lowell was a disaster. Commesso and two dmen back there and I don't know who was at fault but that never should have happened.
                                Thank you for your great insight.

Comment

Working...
                                X