Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2020-21 Season: The Road to … Nowhere?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30 years ago tonight, BU beat Maine for the Hockey East Championship (BU's 2nd). Shawn McEachern took a pass from Tony Amonte in full stride and beat Maine's Garth Snow in overtime. One of the greatest goals in program history.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00zF69Fx2Sc
    The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Holy crap. 30 years???? What a pass by Amonte.

ETA: That was McEachern's 32nd goal???!!?!??! Ahhh, remember the days when that could happen?
      Last edited by Scarlet; 03-11-2021, 08:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
        30 years ago tonight, BU beat Maine for the Hockey East Championship (BU's 2nd). Shawn McEachern took a pass from Tony Amonte in full stride and beat Maine's Garth Snow in overtime. One of the greatest goals in program history.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00zF69Fx2Sc
        30 years! Holy cow!

I was directly behind the net when it went in. Remember it like yesterday.

Comment

• Great memory. Love the hockey hair and Shawn Walsh's sad walk to whine to Cole. What a team that was.
          It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Holy crap. 30 years???? What a pass by Amonte.

ETA: That was McEachern's 32nd goal???!!?!??! Ahhh, remember the days when that could happen?
            Final stats:
            Goals: McEachern 34, Amonte 31, Tomlinson 30

And yes, I know that from memory (Sean P. will confirm for me). But ask me what the name of the movie I watched 4 days ago is, and I have no clue :-)
            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
              Great memory. Love the hockey hair and Shawn Walsh's sad walk to whine to Cole. What a team that was.
              He complained about the missed hand pass on the Amonte goal for years. I'm sure it was a hand pass, since it just kicked out as McEachern fell to the ice, but the real crime was Snow letting the puck past him on a shot where Amonte was literally backing away from the net from pretty far out.

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post

He complained about the missed hand pass on the Amonte goal for years. I'm sure it was a hand pass, since it just kicked out as McEachern fell to the ice, but the real crime was Snow letting the puck past him on a shot where Amonte was literally backing away from the net from pretty far out.
                Thanks, now I need to go find that goal! (Is the goal you speak of even on YouTube?)

Duke pulling out of the ACC Tournament has shook me to the core. I'm placing the odds of BU finishing the season at 50/50. #RollOfTheDice
                It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post

Duke pulling out of the ACC Tournament has shook me to the core. I'm placing the odds of BU finishing the season at 50/50. #RollOfTheDice
                  Do not discount the *very* real possibility that this is K avoiding his team willfully being left out of the NCAA Tournament.
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Duke needed the ACC tournament to try and get in to NCAAs. If you are a lock for NCAA tournament would it make more sense to pull out of your conference tournament? That goes for hockey too. Although it depends on how someone got COVID. Might not even be related to playing in a game.

Comment

• Congrats to Tuch (only unanimous selection) and Commesso for making the All-Rookie team. In such a weird year, and with so few games, it is nice to see the voters not penalizing BU overly for playing only 14 games. My gut is that it will come more into play on the ROY and POY awards, and I doubt Tuch will get ROY. Farrance as POY is the more intriguing question, given how strong his stats were.

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
                        Congrats to Tuch (only unanimous selection) and Commesso for making the All-Rookie team. In such a weird year, and with so few games, it is nice to see the voters not penalizing BU overly for playing only 14 games. My gut is that it will come more into play on the ROY and POY awards, and I doubt Tuch will get ROY. Farrance as POY is the more intriguing question, given how strong his stats were.
                        Hockey East names three all stars teams and ferrance is the only terrier selected. Congrats to him!

Odd that a 2nd place team only gets one player on all star teams....odd year all around.

Comment

• Good morning Terrier Nation. And today one can legitimately say...it’s Game DAY. Here’s hoping the Terriers moved the clocks and got the proper amount of sleep last night. And spent some serious practice time this past week on face offs.

And because I have not paid much attention to the conference tournament process, is there a reason why the semifinals are Wednesday and not Thursday? I’m assuming it’s COVID related.

Comment

• Could be a sleepy affair

Comment

• Are today's games available via LiveStream, or NESN+, only?
                              if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• I hope the team can show us a different look than we saw in our last game, against this same team. Yes, we tied (and won the shootout), but we looked very sloppy and had little offensive pressure. I hope we have full squad. I saw the Ethan Phillips has been practicing. I'm not sure it makes sense to add him to the line-up in a playoff game after missing so much time. He didn't overly impress in the one or two games he did play.

I think the key is sustained zone time that hopefully results in some Power Plays. UML is very well coached and won't likely take many penalties.

I suppose the team could still make the NCAA's with a loss, but that would mean more than likely having to play a #1 seed. I think a win today, and we fall into the 2-3 seed range regardless of what happens in the rest of the Hockey East tourney.

Comment

Working...
                                X