Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2020-21 Season: The Road to … Nowhere?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone listen to Albie’s postgame? “Jay OBrien wasn’t suppose to be the 3rd shooter. He just kinda jumped out there”. I know the shootout outcome wasn’t overly important but that doesn’t seem like a very tight ship that’s being run.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike799 View Post
      Anyone listen to Albie’s postgame? “Jay OBrien wasn’t suppose to be the 3rd shooter. He just kinda jumped out there”. I know the shootout outcome wasn’t overly important but that doesn’t seem like a very tight ship that’s being run.
      The TV commentators indicated the list of the first three shooters needed to be provided before the shootout started. Perhaps that is wrong. Or it could be that Albie was planning on using JOB, but hadn't told him yet and was giving him a hard time for assuming he would be.

I will say this - Mastrosimone's shootout goal was filthy, and Farrance's wasn't far behind.
      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• I happened to be looking at some NHL team stats, and thought this was a pretty cool coincidence:

Eichel: 18 Points, 1st on team
        Keller: 18 Points, 2nd on team
        Tkachuk: 17 Points, 2nd on team
        Greenway: 18 Points, 2nd on team
        Farabee: 20 Points, 2nd on team

I recognize that for Eichel, the totals are a disappointment, but for the others, it's good news. But I'm guessing that's the most players we've ever had in the top two of their team in scoring at one time. We might have had three with Tkachuk, Amonte, and McEachern, but I don't think so.

Comment

• Good stuff defkit. And Oetter's shut-out the other night. #ProudToBU

Joe Sacco sighting! https://twitter.com/KohoHockey/statu...913217025?s=20

It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
            Good stuff defkit. And Oetter's shut-out the other night. #ProudToBU

Joe Sacco sighting! https://twitter.com/KohoHockey/statu...913217025?s=20
            Wow, where did you find that clip???

You what I noticed watching the game on Saturday? That I didn't really notice Dylan Peterson. He cooled off after a fun early start. I still think he will develop into a really good player. Also, will our "senior night" happen at the playoff game? I would image they would have done something on Thursday. Also, why is Merrimack's season done but UNH's isn't?

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post

The TV commentators indicated the list of the first three shooters needed to be provided before the shootout started. Perhaps that is wrong. Or it could be that Albie was planning on using JOB, but hadn't told him yet and was giving him a hard time for assuming he would be.

I will say this - Mastrosimone's shootout goal was filthy, and Farrance's wasn't far behind.
              All three were excellent, Skoog executed the shot fake perfectly.

Too bad the shootout was about the only thing the team executed well.
              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by scarlet View Post
                also, why is merrimack's season done but unh's isn't?
                covid-19.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post

covid-19.
                  That was also the reason our game with UNH on Thursday was cancelled. So, why wasn't their season ended as well?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

That was also the reason our game with UNH on Thursday was cancelled. So, why wasn't their season ended as well?
                    You don't have the proper security clearance for that answer. Sorry. *TongueOutEmoji*

Regarding that 90's clip, I'm in a Fantasy Hockey League with co-workers. One guy in my league hunts obscure NHL Twitter content.

It Happened!!!!

Comment

• I don't think anything specific was released as to why UNH couldn't play. Whether it was a "personnel" member testing positive or just a close contact situation i don't see why they would automatically shut down the season. I am assuming Merrimack had a big problem to take the step of not playing final 3 games.

Comment

• Didn't see this mentioned but your game is actually at 1 on Sunday. Woulda been nice for a triple header on TV but three of the four are on:

BU 1 PM on NESN+

BC 4:30 NESN
                        UMass-NU 4:30 NESN+

Triple header on BTN that day as well but all those games are in one building. That has disaster written all over it. From the overtimes to the ice conditions...

Comment

• 1p is perfect
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            I don't think anything specific was released as to why UNH couldn't play. Whether it was a "personnel" member testing positive or just a close contact situation i don't see why they would automatically shut down the season. I am assuming Merrimack had a big problem to take the step of not playing final 3 games.
                            Mike McMahon reported the MC person tested positive later last week (Thursday?) and there were too many players deemed close contacts to play last weekend. Apparently the positive test came too late for the team to test out of playing this week.
                            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• How did I miss Kevin Shattenkirk moving to the Anaheim Ducks???

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                How did I miss Kevin Shattenkirk moving to the Anaheim Ducks???
                                You seem to be missing a lot lately, Scarlet. A year into this thing, I guess we are all missing things... :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X