Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2020-21 Season: The Road to … Nowhere?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    Given that we are currently still in season, I'd like to table the discussion on schools dropping hockey programs ...
    We can chew gum and skate at the same time.

Comment

Given that we are currently still in season, I'd like to table the discussion on schools dropping hockey programs and focus on why we have not received any explanation or update on why BU, UML and/or Hockey East were not able (or willing) to schedule a second game this weekend. UML is not playing another game. Both schools could use the extra game played. Remember back in January when a weekend series was cancelled and at the last minute we got a Sunday afternoon game? Should we expect something like that to happen?
      Sunday games on this particular weekend are difficult since the first round of the HET is Wednesday. So if UML played game 2 Sunday and then faced a team on Wednesday who played one game on Friday the prior weekend, that puts UML at a significant disadvantage. Currently, every HE team is playing one game this weekend. I'd love to see us play two, but it would've had to be in the time slot we had today. Given the UNH game was cancelled 24 hours ago, likely not enough time to ask UML to prepare and suit up for a game 24 hours later.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Merrimack's season is done.

I feel like we're walking on serious egg shells here. I'm going to try and enjoy each game BU plays, because it might be their last.
        It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Sooooo, since BU played them this past weekend were they all exposed?? Assuming BU is continuously being tested this week.

Comment

• They've gotten this far, there will be a tournament. I guess the question would be what will BU do if they have a COVID blip leading up to it. I don't know what rules they have been following to go on pause but that would be interesting...

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post

The MASSIVE factor is some sports are profitable for colleges. BU Hockey is a profit maker for the school. There are no IVY league sports that make money for their programs. NONE. Essentially BU makes a few million profit from BU Hockey and Harvard loses a few million every season.
              Hmmmm. Mookie woulda guessed that there is a least a couple directed giving amounts that produce black figures for Harvard hockey....
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Sooooo, since BU played them this past weekend were they all exposed?? Assuming BU is continuously being tested this week.
                I know it's indoors vs. outdoors, but the NFL had no cases they could document passed between teams.
                It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Jakob Forsbaka-Karlsson with a 0-4-4 line in 26 games played for Vaxjo in the Swedish league. The team has played about 45 games.
                  if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                    Jakob Forsbaka-Karlsson with a 0-4-4 line in 26 games played for Vaxjo in the Swedish league. The team has played about 45 games.
                    Such a shame. I'll never forgive Sweeney. EVERYONE knew he wasn't ready for the NHL, but Sweeney promised him a game to burn a year of his ELC. He was turning into such a good college player, played a huge role in the win over North Dakota in the NCAAs (the "review" game). And it has all gone to crap.
                    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Sooooo, since BU played them this past weekend were they all exposed?? Assuming BU is continuously being tested this week.
                      I think I read it was a MC coach who tested positive. Obviously he could have passed it to his players and they could have passed it to BU players, but at least there is an additional degree of separation.

Comment

• A tie gets you 2nd place

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          A tie gets you 2nd place
                          2nd seed. There was no 2nd place as hockey East didn’t have a regular season title. This was all for seeding.

Comment

• Try removing that stick from your ***

Comment

• Today's game is a chance to 1) avoid BC until the championship game and 2) finish 11-3 which hopefully gets the team a 2 seed in the NCAAs.

Comment

• BU can only finish as low as 3rd so avoiding BC until title game is already accomplished. This game today determines your path to the title game. Taking upsets out of the equation, your path as #2 would be UML and home to UMass. As #3, it would be NU and then at UMass.

Comment

Working...
                                X