Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2020-21 Season: The Road to … Nowhere?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considering games played is factored in as well as who you beat, there is no way beating UNH and UML should vault BU over BC if BC beats NU. If BC loses, maybe. They really should have just released the formula.

Comment

• And BC shouldn't even be playing NU but whatever! We can all crash the HE site by refreshing waiting for the magical HEPI update.

Comment

• BC should be playing VT but it is what it is. IF BU finishes 12-3 they would have a better winning percentage and better head to head against BC (with an overtime loss and regulation win vs BC) but the HEPI doesn't seem likely that BU will pass BC. They should absolutely release the formula - I cant see one reason why they wouldn't. I guess none of it really matters since hosting a game in an empty stadium isn't a huge advantage and also the fact they arent awarding a regular season championship either.

Comment

• Still somewhat of a factor though when the bus trip is Amherst to Boston or vice versa. As for winning percentage, maybe UMass and BC would like to be playing multiple games this weekend. I think Carvel alluded to that a while back about how he didn't want to be slowed down just because they have played a lot of games. In the end it's not that big of a deal with all three being in the NCAA picture.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            This is a pretty stupid schedule:

Thursday, March 4
            New Hampshire at Boston University (Men) – 4:00 p.m.

Saturday, March 6
            Boston University at UMass Lowell (Men) – 3:00 p.m.

And really? 3:00pm???
            I've been justifying opening the sauce by the second period of those 4:00 games, not sure I can do so for 3:00...
            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              Still somewhat of a factor though when the bus trip is Amherst to Boston or vice versa. As for winning percentage, maybe UMass and BC would like to be playing multiple games this weekend. I think Carvel alluded to that a while back about how he didn't want to be slowed down just because they have played a lot of games. In the end it's not that big of a deal with all three being in the NCAA picture.
              Also, having the last change could be a pretty big factor in a tight game. That said, 2 of BU's 3 losses came at home, with the only road loss being the one at BC which was obviously a very close game.
              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post

I've been justifying opening the sauce by the second period of those 4:00 games, not sure I can do so for 3:00...
                *Nodding Gif*
                It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post

Also, having the last change could be a pretty big factor in a tight game. That said, 2 of BU's 3 losses came at home, with the only road loss being the one at BC which was obviously a very close game.
                  Maybe Farrance would like playing on the bigger sheet out in Amherst!

Comment

• Beanpot on Beanpot crime. https://www.nhl.com/video/chiasson-s...0360/c-7683822
                    It Happened!!!!

Comment

• So Thursday game vs UNH has been cancelled - cases on UNH team. Umass Lowell appears to be final game of regular season now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
                        So Thursday game vs UNH has been cancelled - cases on UNH team. Umass Lowell appears to be final game of regular season now.
                        Fudge.
                        It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
                          So Thursday game vs UNH has been cancelled - cases on UNH team. Umass Lowell appears to be final game of regular season now.
                          Out of the three remaining teams BU hadn't played, UNH was the one school I assumed they wouldn't schedule us to play given the crazy outbreak of cases in Durham over the past few weeks. I was very surprised to see it on the schedule. Who the hell made that decision to play them? Why wasn't there a push to play two with UML? Why can't they play two now? UML only has one game on their schedule. It's not like they're playing someone else. This is so annoying.

Comment

• All valid points. Or BU vs. NU since BC has already played NU. Two against UML would make total sense. It's not like every team is only playing one game. Vermont and Merrimack are playing x2 which if you really wanna break down, that doesn't make a ton of sense since those teams will definitely be playing in the opening round of the playoffs on Wednesday.

Comment

• Have we found anyone that might have a grasp on what the various results this weekend will do for BC/BU/UMass?

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                Have we found anyone that might have a grasp on what the various results this weekend will do for BC/BU/UMass?
                                Check BurntBoats' twitter, but in reality no one knows. HE's calculations make little sense.
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X