Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2020-21 Season: The Road to … Nowhere?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh no!!

we stink again!!!
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post

Because they had COVID. That's my point.
      Ah, gotcha. Yeah, they did. That's a poorly kept secret at this point.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• What a devastating loss. In a normal season, laying a stinker isn't a big deal. Many of us remember that the '95 championship team lost 8-1 to PC right after the Beanpot if memory serves. However, in a season of 13-15 games, that luxury does not exist. How ironic would it be if the game that gets us over the NCAA qualifying hump is also the game that kicks us out of the running in terms of whether we deserve to be in the field. I hope they can rebound tonight, but it seemed the coaches struggled to come up with a plan to counter what Merrimack was throwing at them, so I am concerned.
        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• I think BU is safely in the NCAA field unless you have a total collapse. What's left, Merrimack and then maybe a series against UML? If you lose the next 4 games and finish 9-7? Missing tournament is certainly on the table. But that seems highly unlikely.

Comment

• Not a problem if they crapped out for one game. The test is to see how they respond.
            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
              What a devastating loss. In a normal season, laying a stinker isn't a big deal. Many of us remember that the '95 championship team lost 8-1 to PC right after the Beanpot if memory serves. However, in a season of 13-15 games, that luxury does not exist. How ironic would it be if the game that gets us over the NCAA qualifying hump is also the game that kicks us out of the running in terms of whether we deserve to be in the field. I hope they can rebound tonight, but it seemed the coaches struggled to come up with a plan to counter what Merrimack was throwing at them, so I am concerned.
              It's unrealistic to expect a stinker-free season. Yes, the stakes are higher this season. Let's see how they rebound. That'll be the true test.

BU Hockey: It's Not A Real Hockey Season Until We See How You Respond to a Little Adversity
              It Happened!!!!

Comment

What a devastating loss. In a normal season, laying a stinker isn't a big deal. Many of us remember that the '95 championship team lost 8-1 to PC right after the Beanpot if memory serves. However, in a season of 13-15 games, that luxury does not exist. How ironic would it be if the game that gets us over the NCAA qualifying hump is also the game that kicks us out of the running in terms of whether we deserve to be in the field. I hope they can rebound tonight, but it seemed the coaches struggled to come up with a plan to counter what Merrimack was throwing at them, so I am concerned.
                Huge overreaction. That game alone will not come close to knock BU out of the tournament.

An opportunity for coaching and team leadership to step up and right the ship. It was the first truly bad performance of the season - excluding the first game against PC considering the asinine game 1 vs game 9 scenario.
                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Why bother with intros when there are no fans there? Is BU doing that at their home games? Other teams? Seems very odd

Comment

• Is the video stream choppy for anyone else?

ETA - Win or lose today, I’m hoping they spend a couple of full practices working on just face offs.
                    Last edited by Scarlet; 02-27-2021, 05:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      Is the video stream choppy for anyone else?

ETA - Win or lose today, I’m hoping they spend a couple of full practices working on just face offs.
                      Yes, the stream was choppy on my end.

Faceoffs, Good Lord, yes.

The guy doing color for MC was Mike Machnik, if I heard correctly?

For my money, the only other persons who have cared for MC hockey more than he over the past 25 - 30 years, have been paid to do so.

if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Is the video stream choppy for anyone else?

Was choppy at times for me as well. Good rebound tonight.

Comment

• Yes, that was Machnik. Wasn't he on the old AOL BU board a lot? I feel like he basically started it, so I was confused when I learned he was a MC guy.

- Good rebound win, but I still have some concerns about the way the team played. They really struggled to break the puck out effectively, until MC had to change things up being behind by 2. There are also too many "hot potato" reactions by some players where they basically give it right back to the other team in the d-zone.
                          - The second goal seemed like a "should have had it" one. I think it went in short side from a pretty tight angle.
                          - I've been waiting for Mastro to break out. This was a strong game for him for sure. I hope he can be consistent.
                          - I thought Wise looked good enough to be in the line-up going forward. Hit the crossbar late on a nice play.
                          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Yes, that was Machnik. Wasn't he on the old AOL BU board a lot? I feel like he basically started it, so I was confused when I learned he was a MC guy.

- Good rebound win, but I still have some concerns about the way the team played. They really struggled to break the puck out effectively, until MC had to change things up being behind by 2. There are also too many "hot potato" reactions by some players where they basically give it right back to the other team in the d-zone.
                            - The second goal seemed like a "should have had it" one. I think it went in short side from a pretty tight angle.
                            - I've been waiting for Mastro to break out. This was a strong game for him for sure. I hope he can be consistent.
                            - I thought Wise looked good enough to be in the line-up going forward. Hit the crossbar late on a nice play.
                            Win is a win. They should have had at least 2 more goals as they missed wide open nets. Cockerill is going to see that missed net for days. Biggest thing is they bounced back and got to the magic number 13 games played.

I wish replays were better. Both goals were deflections. Backhand goal went off Fensores stick.

not the best weekend but moved into 2nd spot in hockey east.

Comment

• One last weekend and three teams they haven’t played: NU, UML and UNH. Who draws the short straw?

Comment

One last weekend and three teams they haven’t played: NU, UML and UNH. Who draws the short straw?
                                I'd put money on 2x with UML and maybe a midweek NU game.
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X