Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2020-21 Season: The Road to … Nowhere?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post

FWIW, both CHN's Power 16 and Buccigross's ranking have BU at #8.
    Yeah, 11 seems a little low. It's the whole "expectations" thing and having to work your way up since expectations were low to start the season. And since they were out of mind while not playing. The team is 8-2 (simply). Of the two opponents above them in the ranking, they swept one and split with the other (who is Top-3).

As long as they aren't penalized by the committee, despite (hopefully) getting the 13 games in, then I am not too worried. If they can finish in the Top-2 in HE and avoid BC until the championship game, that would be a big help.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• USCHO had something with the committee chair, Mike Kemp. He indicated they will still use the PWR as a tool which makes absolutely no sense to me given the conference only schedules but that they will also use other tools to select teams such as the old fashioned eye test I guess. The 13 game threshold won't apply if you win your league's auto bid.

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post

Yeah, 11 seems a little low. It's the whole "expectations" thing and having to work your way up since expectations were low to start the season. And since they were out of mind while not playing. The team is 8-2 (simply). Of the two opponents above them in the ranking, they swept one and split with the other (who is Top-3).

As long as they aren't penalized by the committee, despite (hopefully) getting the 13 games in, then I am not too worried. If they can finish in the Top-2 in HE and avoid BC until the championship game, that would be a big help.

I think its a combo of low expectations (HE coaches picked them 6th in the preseason poll) and more the lack of games. The pollsters have had a lot of time to look at the other teams and of course with the small sample they put BU low in polls and teams never jump up 10 spots its always a slow climb so they look smarter. BU is probably a top 5ish team and should be ahead of UMASS. That makes no sense they have played a tougher schedule, better record and swept them head to head but are lower in the polls? Makes no sense. Michigan is overhyped as is Wisconsin. ND is legit and should be #1. BC isn't the #1 IMO. Top 5 Ok but not 1.

Comment

• This crusade you're on is impressive

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
            I think BC is overrated and should be in the 5-10 range as the midwest teams seem to be so strong this season.
            You would think the Midwest teams would include Michigan and Wisconsin but now those two teams are overhyped after splitting a series against each other. I'm sure you'll now say you only meant North Dakota. You can't mean Minnesota since Wisconsin just pasted them in a weekend series. LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

You would think the Midwest teams would include Michigan and Wisconsin but now those two teams are overhyped after splitting a series against each other. I'm sure you'll now say you only meant North Dakota. You can't mean Minnesota since Wisconsin just pasted them in a weekend series. LOL.
              Michigan is 11-7 and are hyped because of 3 freshman that are draft eligible. Wisconsin gets hyped because of Holloway and Caufield and they are only 14-8. Midwest teams like ND, Minnesota St and Minnesota are the ones I was mentioning and that was before Wisconsin beat Minnesota. Minnesota St and ND would be #1 and #2 in my rankings. BCs achille heel will be its defense come playoff time.

Comment

• This weekend with be an interesting challenge for BU since UCONN has appears to be a good team that has played a tough schedule.

Comment

• Yes, you said it would be their Achilles heel this season. You said it before the season started. Keep hoping. It might happen.

Comment

Yes, you said it would be their Achilles heel this season. You said it before the season started. Keep hoping. It might happen.
                    The addition of St. Ivany helped an obvious weak spot but they don't have the defensive corp to win a national championship with.

Comment

• ALL ABOARD....

Jake Wise will be available on Friday, per Albie OConnell. David Farrance and Drew Commesso will be available next week. All are back practicing with the team.
                      Patrick Donnelly (@PatDonn12)

Comment

• Greg Cameron
                        @gregdcam
                        ·
                        41m
                        Boston University head coach Albie O'Connell says D David Farrance and G Drew Commesso will be available next week. F Jake Wise will be available for Friday's game against UConn. All of them are practicing.

Wise back this week, Farrance and Commesso next week. No word on Phillips.

A coworker of mine is personal friends with the family of a player. From them: at least one or two members of the team recently tested positive for Covid and others were deemed close contacts and placed in BU's quarantine housing. They don't know which players were which, nor were they willing to speculate. However, these unexplained absences were mostly the result of this. The person told me they believe Phillips is an injury, but unclear on what.
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Is Commesso ready to back up Vinny?

Comment

Is Commesso ready to back up Vinny?
                            Who cares who plays net as long as they are winning...imagine BC next year without Knight.....ouch.

Comment

Is Commesso ready to back up Vinny?
                              Honestly not that far-fetched that they split time. While it's only 3 games, it's pretty hard to sit a guy who put up 0.67/.974.
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post

Who cares who plays net as long as they are winning...imagine BC next year without Knight.....ouch.
                                You have issues. First it was BCs defense will derail their season and now it's BC will be going with an empty net next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X