Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2020-21 Season: The Road to … Nowhere?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by j.d. View Post

dude, you're out of your mind if you think bu is a "much better" team. Lose the hyperbole. You won six games being outshot 41-23. Congrats. I hope they meet again.
    fyp

Comment

• What happened to Agganis? He'd be all over the shot attempts angle if it favored BU!

Comment

• Originally posted by srsterrier View Post
        Was anyone else reminded of backup Stephan Siwiec’s performance against top-ranked BC in the 1st round of the 2005 Beanpot? Did Bernie mention it, by any chance?
        Is that the game where Laliberte had a couple goals. Cuz if so, YES, I actually did think about that game last night. The way we hung in there, were opportunistic, and the whole team played all out.
        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Only listened to last night's game but it sure sounded like BU was the better team in all three zones and they protected their goalie and when he had to make a big save he did. Good for him and them. York said that BC played better last night than Friday which I thought was interesting. Promises to be some barnburners if we complete this season, full roster on both ends and it will be a battle. Both teams are good. I am guessing if they played 10 games it would be 5-5 or 6-4 one way or the other.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

Dude, you're out of your mind if you think BU is a "much better" team. Lose the hyperbole. You won a game being outshot 41-23. Congrats. I hope they meet again.
            Go take a knee, killer.

You're feeling good about losing 3 to 1 to a fully depleted team and our third-string goalie? Good luck with that.

Comment

• I didn't say anything about feeling good. Just that if your takeaway from this weekend is BU is a much better team than BC, you're a fool. BC is 11-3-1 and has not played its best hockey yet. So forgive me if I am not apoplectic about losing one game to a good BU team.

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post

Is that the game where Laliberte had a couple goals. Cuz if so, YES, I actually did think about that game last night. The way we hung in there, were opportunistic, and the whole team played all out.
                Yes - that’s the one!

Comment

• Originally posted by srsterrier View Post

Yes - that’s the one!
                  Here you go. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiP-BTKGe6w

And in case you missed it, the 1991 BP final (8-4 over BC) won the BU fan vote for favorite Beanpot game in the past 40 years. BU will show the entire game, which took place 30 years ago this Thursday, on its YouTube channel Monday night at 8 p.m. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiP-BTKGe6w

Should be a real treat, especially for those who never saw Tony Amonte play in Scarlet. After getting rocked by a Joe Cleary check early on, Amonte scored a hat trick in 5:24 span of the second period, part of a 5-goal BU explosion in the final 7:42 of the period.

https://***********/TerrierHockey/st...946872323?s=20
                  The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

I didn't say anything about feeling good. Just that if your takeaway from this weekend is BU is a much better team than BC, you're a fool. BC is 11-3-1 and has not played its best hockey yet. So forgive me if I am not apoplectic about losing one game to a good BU team.
                    Someone tell this guy that BC just got beat by a BU team missing their starting goalie, hobey baker caliber defenseman and their captain who is arguably their best forward in addition to missing Phillips and Wise. That was BCs full squad minus Husko. Bu was on pause and barely practiced while BC hasn’t missed practices or games. Give me the full slate of rosters and BU is better by a good margin. BC is overated and this weekend showed that. BC have losses vs UNH and UConn and barely got by Merrimack. They aren’t a top 5 team....BU is.

Comment

• You said BU is a much better team. That simply isn't the case. You want last night to mean everything as if these teams have never split games regardless of circumstances. You're just deeply offended that an 11-3-1 team who everyone knew would be good could be ranked so high. The horror!

If you're so hung up on who played and who didn't, BC was actually down two top nine forwards and then lost a top pairing dman during the game. But guess what? It doesn't matter. BU deserves a lot of credit for their weekend performance. At the same time, please stop pretending BU is a much better team. I don't know why it has to go to that level. Outshot handily on the weekend but you found a way to win last night. As Jerry York said, that's hockey.

And if BC is overrated you're only taking away from what BU accomplished. In reality, BC is properly thought of as one of the best teams in the country. Maybe your anger is simply that BU is underrated. And I would agree. BU is better than people expected this year. Good job by Albie. But I will hold off on the parade for now.

Comment

• Oh and if you want to play some margin of victory game, BC beat UMass 6-3, Providence 9-0, NU 6-2, won at UConn (they are pretty good). But go on, cherry pick other games. Sorta like BU losing to Providence 7-3 and needing overtime to beat Maine. It's silly.

Comment

Oh and if you want to play some margin of victory game, BC beat UMass 6-3, Providence 9-0, NU 6-2, won at UConn (they are pretty good). But go on, cherry pick other games. Sorta like BU losing to Providence 7-3 and needing overtime to beat Maine. It's silly.
                          lol let's keep cherry picking - BU's first game of the season against a team playing their 9th? The game which occurred after BU was allowed 4 practices ~40 days?

I don't agree with the sentiment that BU is "much better" than BC, not sure many others here would. I do believe the teams, at full strength, have similar chances of winning a HET. It's increasingly clear BU is surprisingly one of the top teams in the league. No one expected it, but the results are the results - and that's before you consider BU's inability to practice, play, and have a consistent roster.

You're still out here equivocating BC minus Hutsko = BU minus Farrance, Commesso, Cockerill, Amonte, Wise, and Phillips. That's absurd. Farrance alone cancels out the impact of Hutsko.

Also, Albie is the frontrunner for HE COY as of this moment. Whodve thunk it.
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Oh and if you want to play some margin of victory game, BC beat UMass 6-3, Providence 9-0, NU 6-2, won at UConn (they are pretty good). But go on, cherry pick other games. Sorta like BU losing to Providence 7-3 and needing overtime to beat Maine. It's silly.
                            Both BU and BC are young and talented and may easily get exposed playing older heavier western teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                              No one expected it, but the results are the results - and that's before you consider BU's inability to practice, play, and have a consistent roster.

Also, Albie is the frontrunner for HE COY as of this moment.
                              Not to get too dark here, but in the last few years it seems that consistent practice hasn't necessarily corresponded with improved play. I hope there is no connection because this team does look like what the fanbase has been clamoring for- less reliance on first round one-and-dones in favor of more team-committed three and four year players.

Interestingly, I found myself marveling at the speed and skill of Newhook and Boldy, but also seeing that familiar team disconnect. Wondering why, with such talent, they weren't simply blowing BU away.

Go BU!

Comment

• It's great to see what Vinnie Duplessis brings to the roster. I'd say he's the #2 goalie, not #3, and he can step in solidly in the case of injury or a day off for Drew Commesso. It should also take a little pressure off Drew. If Vinnie had been in net Friday, we would have had a win then too.

Comment

Working...
                                X